Which outgoing transfer's move "paid off?"

The Portal is truly a two-edged sword, and a lot of players are just getting around to understanding that. It's less about who "paid off", and who would have really helped us. That is mainly JPR and Johnson. They could have had major playing time - on a winning program.

If you want to give up your scholly for a 1 year guarantee somewhere else, go for it - but if you have multiple years of elgibility left, mebbe give it some thought before pushing the button. Coaches are going to start treating "free agents" like 1 year temps.

"Sorry, bud, but it just isn't working out for you here. Best toss your name in the basket and hope for the best". "Best of luck to ya".

The Portal is truly a two-edged sword, and a lot of players are just getting around to understanding that. It's less about who "paid off", and who would have really helped us. That is mainly JPR and Johnson. They could have had major playing time - on a winning program.

If you want to give up your scholly for a 1 year guarantee somewhere else, go for it - but if you have multiple years of elgibility left, mebbe give it some thought before pushing the button. Coaches are going to start treating "free agents" like 1 year temps.

"Sorry, bud, but it just isn't working out for you here. Best toss your name in the basket and hope for the best". "Best of luck to ya".
Jabbar Muhammad was our biggest loss in my opinion because of his versatility and aggressive style of play (he could play corner or safety) and we wouldn’t have felt the impact of losing Lyrik Rawls like we have with the young guys trying to replace him! 🤔

Jabbar Muhammad was our biggest loss in my opinion because of his versatility and aggressive style of play (he could play corner or safety) and we wouldn’t have felt the impact of losing Lyrik Rawls like we have with the young guys trying to replace him! 🤔
Jabbar left two years ago right? I agree with you 100% but I didn’t think he was part of the “mass exodus” that had clearly ruined our program.

To me it shows how superior our coaching and development is at OSU. Nearly across the board, players who were getting pt here before they left, did better at OSU than where they ended up and we've helped a lot of guys who transferred in improve their game for years.

Obviously, there are examples to the contrary but as a whole, I'm pretty sure we get more out of players than anywhere else.

What does it say about OSU that most of these players would be getting significant playing time had they stayed? If anybody thinks Sanders wouldn't have started day 1, you're lying to yourself. Same goes for Ford, Cobb, Etienne, JPR, etc.

Does that mean we're better at developing talent, or theres a massive talent gap between us and where these players ended up?

What does it say about OSU that most of these players would be getting significant playing time had they stayed? If anybody thinks Sanders wouldn't have started day 1, you're lying to yourself. Same goes for Ford, Cobb, Etienne, JPR, etc.

Does that mean we're better at developing talent, or theres a massive talent gap between us and where these players ended up?
JPR''s a tough sell...he wasn't that much different than we have. I get that we have the transfers we do because he left a hole, but he had the dropsies as much as anyone else and the same issue with blocking when needed. Before the injuries, I don't think JPR is a regualr starter with this group.
There has also been considerable improvement in blocking with the wr corps...but still a long way to go. They still struggle to engage for their bretheren up field after the catch. Its maddening at times.

JPR''s a tough sell...he wasn't that much different than we have. I get that we have the transfers we do because he left a hole, but he had the dropsies as much as anyone else and the same issue with blocking when needed. Before the injuries, I don't think JPR is a regualr starter with this group.
There has also been considerable improvement in blocking with the wr corps...but still a long way to go. They still struggle to engage for their bretheren up field after the catch. Its maddening at times.
I've been impressed with the receiving corp so far this year, before injuries of course. I'm not sure we have a world beater, but they are all pretty good and any one of them can go off each game.

Losing Jabbar now seems like the biggest loss on defense if not the biggest out of all the outgoing transfers.

Jabbar leaving hurt, but it wasn’t devastating. Cobb was overrated last year and has proven so.

It was time for Sanders to go, he had become a cancer and an entitled cancer to boot. Bowman has proven to be an upgrade. Just remember when we start talking about qb run game again that Johnny Manziel the second is probably not walking through our door.

Green, Presley the Younger, JP and Johnson haven’t necessarily found greener pastures just different pastures.

considering we have no lockdown CB, Jabbar leaving was quite devastating. Thomas Harper seems to be having a decent season. Those two in the secondary would help tremendously considering we have a bunch of young guys who constantly have their eyes violated.

I was most disappointed when Braylin Pressley transferred, I thought he could have been a legit weapon as a Swiss Army knife returning punts, running and catching because of how explosive he was in high school school. Then he transferred to Tulsa and I figured he would be an absolute star there and transfer again after a year of proving himself to a big time power 5 school. Tulsa sucks and he seems to barely get any playing time, boy was I was wrong

considering we have no lockdown CB, Jabbar leaving was quite devastating. Thomas Harper seems to be having a decent season. Those two in the secondary would help tremendously considering we have a bunch of young guys who constantly have their eyes violated.
They were facing their third DC in 3 years with no idea who it might be. I understand their moves more than than the others.

Watching some of these games recently with the defectors, like SS, JPR, Stephon Johnson and so on, if I were HCMG, I’d have someone on staff create a graphic listing all of those that left, their stats, and their team’s results. After the last game, I’d present that and say this isn’t personal against any of these guys, but this is reality for guys chasing greener pastures. A lot of these guys aren’t even going to bowl games. It would just show that out of 15-20 guys, things really only worked out for one guy (Muhammad).

Watching some of these games recently with the defectors, like SS, JPR, Stephon Johnson and so on, if I were HCMG, I’d have someone on staff create a graphic listing all of those that left, their stats, and their team’s results. After the last game, I’d present that and say this isn’t personal against any of these guys, but this is reality for guys chasing greener pastures. A lot of these guys aren’t even going to bowl games. It would just show that out of 15-20 guys, things really only worked out for one guy (Muhammad).
I like it...but also have a feeling that they already know much of this...I could be wrong, but bet they know things didn't work out so well for a bunch of their ole mates...

So let's think this through here. How does that look last year when 2 of our CB's are starting on top 10 teams? Muhammad this year on a team fighting for a playoff spot?

I think it's petty, and as PF5 said I'm fairly sure they know how their ex-teammates are doing.

On this topic, I did hear Danny Kannell this morning saying Spencer Sanders probably made the biggest mistake of anyone he could think of. He went on for a minute or two on what was Sanders thinking-that he was going to beat out Jackson Dart or what?

Back