Which outgoing transfer's move "paid off?"

Honest question--it was well documented how many players left last season, and there must have been something wrong but it was a lot of them....but I want to think about who has improved their situation by transferring. Here's a list off the top of my head:

Spencer Sanders--Ole Miss
JP Richardson--TCU
Dominic R--Baylor
Trace Ford--OU
C Etienne--BYU
Bryson Green--Wisconsin
Stephon Johnson--Houston (17 rec, 200 yds 2TD)
Braylin Presley--TU (6 carries, 19 yards/8 rec 114)
Eli Russ-Troy

Those are all I can remember.

The one that hurts to me is JPR. He'd be a huge factor in what we're doing. Everybody else has pretty much been replaced effectively/upgraded.

Dominic R and Etienne probably improved their situation even though they were starters here. Neither would be playing this year because we upgraded those positions.

Honest question--it was well documented how many players left last season, and there must have been something wrong but it was a lot of them....but I want to think about who has improved their situation by transferring. Here's a list off the top of my head:

Spencer Sanders--Ole Miss
JP Richardson--TCU
Dominic R--Baylor
Trace Ford--OU
C Etienne--BYU
Bryson Green--Wisconsin
Stephon Johnson--Houston (17 rec, 200 yds 2TD)
Braylin Presley--TU (6 carries, 19 yards/8 rec 114)
Eli Russ-Troy

Those are all I can remember.

The one that hurts to me is JPR. He'd be a huge factor in what we're doing. Everybody else has pretty much been replaced effectively/upgraded.

Interesting thread, which I'm guessing we'll be doing annually given the landscape.

Do you really think JPR is that big of a factor considering how much we use Presley? I'm with you in that initially I hated to see him leave but as the season's worn on I wonder how much of a factor he'd really be.

JPR left because he didn’t want to sit behind Pressley another season. He would have sat behind Pressley and caught 20-30 balls.

Looking a the LB position, I now don't think Mason Cobb leaving was that big a deal. When it happened I was worried. In fact it is such a non issue that it took 7 posts for somebody to mention it.
He's looking at his 3rd DC in 3 seasons now and an alum/fanbase that's out for blood. Firing Grinch, and losing Williams isn't going to buy Riley any time at all.

Their 'schedule is no cakewalk w/LSU, Michigan, Penn St., Rutgers (yes, I said that), Washington, UCLA & ND. The B1G did them a solid though, they don't leave the west coast from 10/16 to the end of the season.

I was sad to see Stephon go. He really showed some value vs Texas last year. Sanders going to ole miss is the biggest head scratcher. Could have started at UF or Auburn

He's looking at his 3rd DC in 3 seasons now and an alum/fanbase that's out for blood. Firing Grinch, and losing Williams isn't going to buy Riley any time at all.

Their 'schedule is no cakewalk w/LSU, Michigan, Penn St., Rutgers (yes, I said that), Washington, UCLA & ND. The B1G did them a solid though, they don't leave the west coast from 10/16 to the end of the season.
USC is a turd theatre

I was sad to see Stephon go. He really showed some value vs Texas last year.

His Dad was the driver there. Was pissed that Stephon wasn't "the man" from day 1 and when the season was over was basically telling his son he had to leave to ensure he could be "the man" somewhere else.

Regarding the rest, they all paid off for us. I want guys that WANT to be at OSU. If that's not you, fine move on, someone else does.

Back