Sanders in for Ole Miss

I'm not familiar with the way he left, so I don't have an opinion on that.

I'll try to look at it through SS point-of-view:

There was a mass exodus before Sanders left Stillwater. The same members who played for the Big 12 championship.

Sanders knew he has no chance of playing in the NFL. I'm sure he received much more through NIL than in Stillwater. And so he took what he could get, knowing his career is nearly over.

I'm not sure why people (all fan bases) get so upset over transferring, especially in an era that is all about transferring.

I, for one, despise everything college football has become. But if a player believes transferring will better their situation, I'm not going to judge that player. It's not my place to. And I'm most certainly not going to judge a person over speculation. Unless someone can prove Spencer has some sort of flaw in his character, which evidence may exist, it's not right to do so.
Good old Spencer helped a lot of those guys decide to leave. The only good side to his leaving is you can’t miss him if he’s not gone. The only thing he could have possibly done worse is go to Norman. He actively tried to burn the house down on his way out.

You do realize that if one’s douchey type actions are revealed they may be excluded from future adulation? Right?

You do realize trying to tear down a team by recruiting away from said team will result in negative opinions and vitriol? Right?

No matter your former status of greatness if you try to embarrass and/or denigrate the university this will result in lots of middle phalanges being pointed in the direction of the former great? Right?

You realize that defending such offensive creatures will result in the same kind of FU behavior towards the defending “fan”, “voice of reason, “level headed message board poster”, or however one would view themselves trying to justify traitorous individuals that seek to harm the university and its programs?

In other words don’t post how we should still love them on a message board of obviously Poke fans that have no pity on a guy that tried to wreck the football program. No excuse for his selfish behavior on the way out. The same goes for the ineffective defensive end and the washed up softball pitcher.
I’m happy for him if he’s happy, played his ass for five years. I think he never had a legitimate OC during that time.

I think Bowman played better -

I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings.

There’s a lot of places to focus my energy as an OSU lifer. Getting salty over an amateur athlete isn’t a priority

I wish Trace Ford, Spencer Sanders and anyone who transfers out nothing but the best (unless they play us).

I’m excited about the opportunity for Oklahoma State to upgrade the position with a higher caliber player or better fit for us.

I’m happy for him if he’s happy, played his ass for five years. I think he never had a legitimate OC during that time.

I think Bowman played better -

I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings.

There’s a lot of places to focus my energy as an OSU lifer. Getting salty over an amateur athlete isn’t a priority

I wish Trace Ford, Spencer Sanders and anyone who transfers out nothing but the best (unless they play us).

I’m excited about the opportunity for Oklahoma State to upgrade the position with a higher caliber player or better fit for us.
You are priceless, and as more than likely a longer serving OSU lifer I will tell you that you do you and that I will manage me. Mr Sanders was and is an asshat judging from his actions, everyone works hard that doesn’t make him immune from disdain. Mr Ford was used by the Toad of Goon for their amusement and I feel bad for him.

You are priceless, and as more than likely a longer serving OSU lifer I will tell you that you do you and that I will manage me. Mr Sanders was and is an asshat judging from his actions, everyone works hard that doesn’t make him immune from disdain. Mr Ford was used by the Toad of Goon for their amusement and I feel bad for him.
we still beat Ford. The scoreboard means more to me than an emotional reaction 😁

I agree Sanders wasn’t perfect, I don’t feel he was the problem with the offense in 2022. He played his ass off 4 years, with a lot of growing pains- under three different OCs; the lack of a running game, not developing a backup QB, and a patchwork offensive line were the biggest problems in 2022.

I dont believe we hired the best OC we could get; and when Sanders was injured he didn’t want to risk further injuries due to having a patchwork line and an OC that was in over his head.

This was Gundy’s 18th season as a head coach.

I, for one, despise everything college football has become
I'm getting there. If it ever separates from the NCAA and becomes a "super league" and nothing more than cash-grabbing shitty semi-pro minor league for the NFL where the games are nothing but excuses to make you watch commercials for 3.75 hours then I'll probably move on and just watch the shitty football in the NFL where you can at least learn the players' names from year to year.

I still love Oklahoma State University. I still love the Oklahoma State Cowboys (and Cowgirls). I still love Oklahoma State Cowboys football. I love what makes us unique. I love our history and having it be a part of my life now for nearly half a century. If we ever lose that I'm done.

Imagine Bowman’s brain in Sanders body.

We'd have at least two Big 12 Championships.
There were times when Sanders was brilliant. That comeback win over Notre Dame was an all-timer. We were a healthy Jalyn Warren away from winning the Big 12 CCG two years ago. With a healthy Warren we aren't in position to have to score on that final play, but a healthy Warren scores on that final play. He plants a foot and turns upfield and runs through an arm-tackle.

we still beat Ford. The scoreboard means more to me than an emotional reaction 😁

I agree Sanders wasn’t perfect, I don’t feel he was the problem with the offense in 2022. He played his ass off 4 years, with a lot of growing pains- under three different OCs; the lack of a running game, not developing a backup QB, and a patchwork offensive line were the biggest problems in 2022.

I dont believe we hired the best OC we could get; and when Sanders was injured he didn’t want to risk further injuries due to having a patchwork line and an OC that was in over his head.

This was Gundy’s 18th season as a head coach.
You need to hone your interpretation of “playing his ass off”. Sanders played well when he wanted to, no consistency. Lay the leaving at the feet of Gundy if you wish, but it’s revisionist history. Sanders and his mother blew their relationship with the coaching staff by their actions and attitudes.

I don't blame a kid for tryna grab the cash with both hands and make a stack. Cream get the money, dolla dolla bill y'all. But don't say or do negative shit on the way out and for gawd's sake don't go 77 miles to the south. If you do either of those things and especially the latter you become the enemy and we instantly hate you and that is all.
Hip Hop 90S GIF

I Feel You Chris GIF by NETFLIX

I'm getting there. If it ever separates from the NCAA and becomes a "super league" and nothing more than cash-grabbing shitty semi-pro minor league for the NFL where the games are nothing but excuses to make you watch commercials for 3.75 hours then I'll probably move on and just watch the shitty football in the NFL where you can at least learn the players' names from year to year.

I still love Oklahoma State University. I still love the Oklahoma State Cowboys (and Cowgirls). I still love Oklahoma State Cowboys football. I love what makes us unique. I love our history and having it be a part of my life now for nearly half a century. If we ever lose that I'm done.

The NFL has far more parity than NCAA football does and it's a very compelling watch, every weekend. The stacked decks that some college programs have and their ability to self-schedule outside of conference produces some absolute crap from a watchability standpoint, then add in the eye test bs that's entrenched in college football and you get teams people 'think' are the best competing for the sport's most coveted prize.

I fear the transfer portal is going to do to college football the same thing it's done to college basketball: make rosters a turnstile where fans are following constantly changing rosters and losing touch with watching players develop over a period of years. The genie's out of the bottle.

They should hang his poster on the wall as a reminder for what can happen in the portal mess. He’s probably the highest profile athlete (so far) whose portal experience ended in disaster. He’s a nobody at ole miss. His name is tarnished at OSU. Hell at least if he just pinned his ears back and stuck it out he’d be remembered for beating ou. Might even get some sympathy for a local sponsorship. Now he has nothing, not even a degree. This dude will have some demons for the rest of his days… super sad really
I would use SS all day every day as a cautionary tale for the transfer portal.

You need to hone your interpretation of “playing his ass off”. Sanders played well when he wanted to, no consistency. Lay the leaving at the feet of Gundy if you wish, but it’s revisionist history. Sanders and his mother blew their relationship with the coaching staff by their actions and attitudes.
Let's not pretend like he was unflinchingly heralded as a saint and held in the same regard as a Brandon Weeden or Mason Rudolph was his whole time here. He caught a LOT of flack from the very start, some warranted, but just as much unwarranted. He masked a lot of issues with our offense and without his playmaking ability, we don't win Bedlam in 2021, we don't go to the Big 12 title game, the Fiesta Bowl and beat ND, etc... etc... Don't believe me? Look at how the offense functioned hardly any better this season than last with stone statue Alan Bowman at the helm behind an improved O-Line scheme and the best running back in the country to hand the ball to. Not trying to knock Bowman, just highlighting the clear distinction which, yes, can be argued the other direction in plenty of ways as well. Will also mention it wouldn't take much digging to go back through this board both last season and this season and find several people calling for various coaching and other changes to be made, myself included. This season ended up getting pieced together to a pretty good end result, but few if any of us thought that would be the case the latter half of last season and first half of this season. We all thought it was going to be a repeat of 2022 and end with not even being bowl eligible. Given all that, would you personally look to go to a known good team for your final year to try and earn a starting spot, or hang onto a seemingly sinking ship with the same combo of Dunn and Dickey that flopped the year prior? You still have nothing more to think or say regarding SS leaving besides "F--- you"?

TLDR: Faulting him for the way he left is fair, I won't argue that. But faulting him for leaving considering all the circumstances is pretty rich.

Let's not pretend like he was unflinchingly heralded as a saint and held in the same regard as a Brandon Weeden or Mason Rudolph was his whole time here. He caught a LOT of flack from the very start, some warranted, but just as much unwarranted. He masked a lot of issues with our offense and without his playmaking ability, we don't win Bedlam in 2021, we don't go to the Big 12 title game, the Fiesta Bowl and beat ND, etc... etc... Don't believe me? Look at how the offense functioned hardly any better this season than last with stone statue Alan Bowman at the helm behind an improved O-Line scheme and the best running back in the country to hand the ball to. Not trying to knock Bowman, just highlighting the clear distinction which, yes, can be argued the other direction in plenty of ways as well. Will also mention it wouldn't take much digging to go back through this board both last season and this season and find several people calling for various coaching and other changes to be made, myself included. This season ended up getting pieced together to a pretty good end result, but few if any of us thought that would be the case the latter half of last season and first half of this season. We all thought it was going to be a repeat of 2022 and end with not even being bowl eligible. Given all that, would you personally look to go to a known good team for your final year to try and earn a starting spot, or hang onto a seemingly sinking ship with the same combo of Dunn and Dickey that flopped the year prior? You still have nothing more to think or say regarding SS leaving besides "F--- you"?

TLDR: Faulting him for the way he left is fair, I won't argue that. But faulting him for leaving considering all the circumstances is pretty rich.
Quit trying to mansplain. He could have avoided most of the negativity, he chose not to do so. He tried to burn the house down on the way out. When you do that people are not going to revere you, they tend to loathe you.

Why in gawds name are we spending this much time, energy, and effort discussing Sanders when we have a bowl game against a seriously depleted and demoralized cult of collie coming up and we should be the most healthy and whole we’ve been since Bedlam? Fuck him and his momma and the horses they rode in on. They’re gone and all I have to say is…

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why in gawds name are we spending this much time, energy, and effort discussing Sanders when we have a bowl game against a seriously depleted and demoralized cult of collie coming up and we should be the most healthy and whole we’ve been since Bedlam? Fuck him and his momma and the horses they rode in on. They’re gone and all I have to say is…

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because it came back up when Spencer failed his classes at Ole Miss.

But I agree, my focus is the folks we have, and they are darn good.

Last edited:
It is not that SS left OSU, it is how he left. He revealed a lot of bad character traits on his way out the door. He was a 23 year old (at the time) professional football player making 400k. He even burned the company that gave him NIL money.

In the business world, you don't try and burn everything down on your way out. I would never higher someone that did this.

Back