Sanders in for Ole Miss

Why in gawds name are we spending this much time, energy, and effort discussing Sanders when we have a bowl game against a seriously depleted and demoralized cult of collie coming up and we should be the most healthy and whole we’ve been since Bedlam? Fuck him and his momma and the horses they rode in on. They’re gone and all I have to say is…

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1703179200923.png

Fuck uO. Beat aTm. Go Pokes!

Period.

True. I'm just sick of the mantra that the OC, Gundy, etc. are a huge problem. Sanders was good enough and we won some big games with him at QB. The coaches did a good job. But as we learned this year, we brought in Bowman with his own limitations and had success. Again, kudos to the coaches.
Absolutely, kudos to the coaches, particularly given how dire things looked end of last season through the first 4 games this season. But for as well as he served us this season, I would hate to have seen what 2022 would have looked like with Bowman running the show. The OL playing poorly like they did and no premier RB to take the pressure off, I have to believe it would have been a trainwreck.

Well, let's try it with better, more correct adjectives.

"No... This is basic enough that it doesn't require professional training. As a grown adult, its super weird that you feel personally affronted by the actions of a 23 year old college athlete who tried to gut your university's football progran on his way out the door and is unaware of your existence."
Exactly.

He was an okay to good QB while he was here. I have no problems with his performance on the field.

I take exception not to him leaving per se, but rather his attempts to harm the program as he left. That was a no class move. I don't like him for that. I'm not going to hope for the best for him and thank him for that. Recognizing and agreeing with that is far from obsessive or weird behavior. It's not like I want the dude dead or maimed for his classless behavior. I'm just gonna hold a small personal grudge. Nothing wrong with that.

Well, let's try it with better, more correct adjectives.

"No... This is basic enough that it doesn't require professional training. As a grown adult, its super weird that you feel personally affronted by the actions of a 23 year old college athlete who tried to gut your university's football progran on his way out the door and is unaware of your existence."
Good one. Still doesn't justify "vitriol" towards a college athlete. Pretty sure OSU was and will continue to be fine after his departure. Heck, we may have done better without him. But that's not really the point. The point is that its weird that grown adults are so personally affronted by the actions of a completely un-related college athlete because they damaged their college football team. It makes one wonder if you process all of life through the lens of OSU athletics.

Exactly.

He was an okay to good QB while he was here. I have no problems with his performance on the field.

I take exception not to him leaving per se, but rather his attempts to harm the program as he left. That was a no class move. I don't like him for that. I'm not going to hope for the best for him and thank him for that. Recognizing and agreeing with that is far from obsessive or weird behavior. It's not like I want the dude dead or maimed for his classless behavior. I'm just gonna hold a small personal grudge. Nothing wrong with that.
I can respect this. Small personal grudge makes some sense given the context. Hatred and vitriol.....meh.....not so much. Maybe we're all just splitting hairs in this discussion.

Exactly.

I screamed at the TV/QB as much this year as I did when Sanders was here so....

Good one. Still doesn't justify "vitriol" towards a college athlete. Pretty sure OSU was and will continue to be fine after his departure. Heck, we may have done better without him. But that's not really the point. The point is that its weird that grown adults are so personally affronted by the actions of a completely un-related college athlete because they damaged their college football team. It makes one wonder if you process all of life through the lens of OSU athletics.
It's like telling someone how to grieve, we all have our way of processing.

Absolutely, kudos to the coaches, particularly given how dire things looked end of last season through the first 4 games this season. But for as well as he served us this season, I would hate to have seen what 2022 would have looked like with Bowman running the show. The OL playing poorly like they did and no premier RB to take the pressure off, I have to believe it would have been a trainwreck.
And if he hadn't been such a prick we probably could have avoided the early losses and been a playoff contender. I hate him for that too, another what could have been.

I can respect this. Small personal grudge makes some sense given the context. Hatred and vitriol.....meh.....not so much. Maybe we're all just splitting hairs in this discussion.
Cool....I guess. Cool if you couldn't respect it too, frankly.

Perhaps....for some reason....you're mischaracterizing....either intentionally or unintentionally....what others are saying indicating their personal grudges and/or opinions of the guy as "hatred and vitriol".

Maybe THAT'S the problem here.

Maybe.

And if he hadn't been such a prick we probably could have avoided the early losses and been a playoff contender. I hate him for that too, another what could have been.
Do you really "hate" him though?

Seems a little excessive to me, but cool if you do.

Damn you're certainly hanging on SS's jock strap for some reason that is completely beyond me.

@andylicious may be a little over the top with his disdain for the kid, but dang....you're over the top the other way as well.

Looking at his body of work, he was good but Chaos until the Boise game in 2021. He was stellar with good talent, But I believe without a great supporting cast and injuries he regressed;

I sympathize with a guy playing hurt and with limited offensive support and staff leadership; In addition, Knowles defense made Sanders look better.

He allegedly left a bit immaturely. Dude had been through the ringer at OSU - it wouldn’t have been so noticeable if The staff had developed a solid #2 QB for 2023

Last edited:
Cool....I guess. Cool if you couldn't respect it too, frankly.

Perhaps....for some reason....you're mischaracterizing....either intentionally or unintentionally....what others are saying indicating their personal grudges and/or opinions of the guy as "hatred and vitriol".

Maybe THAT'S the problem here.

Maybe.
Maybe. But, I'm directly addressing andy's comments below (a post you liked), and saying its bizarre that presumably grown ass adults are so upset with a college kid that they believe vitriol, middle fingers, FUs, etc...are in order. Seriously? Y'all are ok with those types of feelings towards a college kid that you don't even know? That's weird. Then he doubles down and says anyone that believes otherwise is no longer a fan. Laughable.

Look, I totally understand having some hard feelings towards a former player given their less than graceful exit, especially if you're heavily invested in OSU football, but let's at least have some class.

You do realize that if one’s douchey type actions are revealed they may be excluded from future adulation? Right?

You do realize trying to tear down a team by recruiting away from said team will result in negative opinions and vitriol? Right?

No matter your former status of greatness if you try to embarrass and/or denigrate the university this will result in lots of middle phalanges being pointed in the direction of the former great? Right?

You realize that defending such offensive creatures will result in the same kind of FU behavior towards the defending “fan”, “voice of reason, “level headed message board poster”, or however one would view themselves trying to justify traitorous individuals that seek to harm the university and its programs?

In other words don’t post how we should still love them on a message board of obviously Poke fans that have no pity on a guy that tried to wreck the football program. No excuse for his selfish behavior on the way out. The same goes for the ineffective defensive end and the washed up softball pitcher.

The meme was first. "Can we all get along"
I say: No. Nope. Nein. Nyet. Nada. Noway.

Its like a bunch of siblings in here...
The older "perfect children"
The middle "forgotten/unheard/underappreciated children"
And...
The younger "get everything they want/want everything now children"...
;)

Looking at his body of work, he was good but Chaos until the Boise game in 2021. He was stellar with good talent, But I believe without a great supporting cast and injuries he regressed;

I sympathize with a guy playing hurt and with limited offensive support and staff leadership; In addition, Knowles defense made Sanders look better.

He allegedly left a bit immaturely. Dude had been through the ringer at OSU - it wouldn’t have been so noticeable if The staff had developed a solid #2 QB for 2023
Stellar? He was never stellar.

At his best at OSU with good talent, he was also good….never stellar.

“Allegedly left a bit immaturely”?

Lol.

Invalid obnoxious points you’re trying to make here.

Rejected.

Maybe. But, I'm directly addressing andy's comments below (a post you liked), and saying its bizarre that presumably grown ass adults are so upset with a college kid that they believe vitriol, middle fingers, FUs, etc...are in order. Seriously? Y'all are ok with those types of feelings towards a college kid that you don't even know? That's weird. Then he doubles down and says anyone that believes otherwise is no longer a fan. Laughable.

Look, I totally understand having some hard feelings towards a former player given their less than graceful exit, especially if you're heavily invested in OSU football, but let's at least have some class.
I’m okay with whatever feelings Andy has about the kid that he’s expressed on the message board.

I will say that nothing in that post is particular vitriolic or hateful. It also actually makes some valid points about loyalty and respect being a two way street between players and fans. Is it a little over the top for my tastes? Sure. Do I feel the same way he does? Not really.

In the end though they’re his feelings, and he’s responsible for them. I’m not….you’re not…only Andy.

What I think is truly weird and obsessive is your insistence that you are somehow qualified to pass judgment over someone else’s feelings as if you have some kind of moral authority to deem what feelings are acceptable and which ones aren’t.

You continue to do so with Andy’s feelings and did it with my post as well….not that IGAF about what you think about my feelings be it positive or negative.

That’s what’s weird to me in this whole thing.

Last edited:

When you say I am classless maybe you are right. If I have been harsh in my discussion posts about a semi-professional athlete that tried to burn down a program I am wrong I guess. Your constant chirping, bitching and moaning about Gundy is equally classless. Fortunately for all involved your insults or downgrading have about the same level of skill and insight as your football knowledge base.

The meme was first. "Can we all get along"
I say: No. Nope. Nein. Nyet. Nada. Noway.

Its like a bunch of siblings in here...
The older "perfect children"
The middle "forgotten/unheard/underappreciated children"
And...
The younger "get everything they want/want everything now children"...
;)
Yeah, you don't have the older children right. The eldest child was "had to work his ass off taking care of the younger two and had the most rules because the parents weren't exhausted yet and gave up on the rules for the younger two". But we all got along. We fought each other, sure, but when someone picked a fight with us it got real in a hurry. Just ask Jimmy Fitzpatrick. He still won't come out onto the porch.

Back