Texas Bowl Thread

CptnQuirk

I’m your Leader
Patreon Supporter
From a guy on Facebook:
OKLAHOMA STATE VS TEXAS A & M NOTES

TAMU, owning an 18-10 record in the all-time series, OSU won the last four in the Big XII Conference. In 2019, OSU lost to TAMU in the Texas bowl, 24-21. After quarterback Max Johnson announced that he would transfer to North Carolina, sophomore signal caller Jaylen Henderson will start his fourth game of the year in the Texas Bowl, Smith, the top receiver, reportedly sustained a broken finger in the loss to LSU and will not play in the upcoming bowl game. Elco (formally DC) will most likely let Robinson (D line coach) be head coach for the bowl. TAMU defense is led by Edgerrin Cooper at LB with 83 tackles. 17 for a loss and 8 sacks. TAMU has allowed 21.3 points per game in 2023. Rated #52 offensively. Allow 106 rushing yards per game (Ranked 17th) Lost to, Miami, Alabama (26-20) Tennessee, Ole Miss, and LSU.

From a guy on Facebook:

TAMU, owning an 18-10 record in the all-time series, OSU won the last four in the Big XII Conference. In 2019, OSU lost to TAMU in the Texas bowl, 24-21. After quarterback Max Johnson announced that he would transfer to North Carolina, sophomore signal caller Jaylen Henderson will start his fourth game of the year in the Texas Bowl, Smith, the top receiver, reportedly sustained a broken finger in the loss to LSU and will not play in the upcoming bowl game. Elco (formally DC) will most likely let Robinson (D line coach) be head coach for the bowl. TAMU defense is led by Edgerrin Cooper at LB with 83 tackles. 17 for a loss and 8 sacks. TAMU has allowed 21.3 points per game in 2023. Rated #52 offensively. Allow 106 rushing yards per game (Ranked 17th) Lost to, Miami, Alabama (26-20) Tennessee, Ole Miss, and LSU.
Reports indicate Elijah Robinson is headed to Syracuse as DC because he was going to stay DL coach at A&M. Also, their OC was Petrino and he is already at Arkansas. Assume Elko will put together a patchwork staff of support personnel and coach the bowl game.

From a guy on Facebook:

And did not beat anyone with a winning record. Auburn has the best record at 6-6.

Howdy Pokes! Looks like we get to meet up again in the Texas Bowl. Might have to rename it the Texas A&M bowl since we pretty much end up here year after soul-crushing year. Played Northwestern in 2011, KSU in 2016, oSu in 2019... the rare occasion when we go to the Liberty Bowl instead, Tech fans accuse us of ducking them. Congrats on winning the final Bedlam but would it have killed y'all to keep Texas out of the CFP?

My prediction:
oSu 28
A&M 17

Don't really see how my Ags will have any give-a-sh!t left in the tank after the past two tumultuous seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
@TPS_Report Welcome! Happy to have you hear. I hope you receive a warm welcome from everyone.

Yeah, I think most here are expecting us to win this one, but (like so many other bowls nowadays) that doesn't really mean much for comparing programs. A&M is in a situation of upheaval and they are going to be much more likely to have players leave before, not play in, or simply not care about the game. Combine that with the coaching staff situation and it is just massive hill to climb.

@TPS_Report Welcome! Happy to have you hear. I hope you receive a warm welcome from everyone.

Yeah, I think most here are expecting us to win this one, but (like so many other bowls nowadays) that doesn't really mean much for comparing programs. A&M is in a situation of upheaval and they are going to be much more likely to have players leave before, not play in, or simply not care about the game. Combine that with the coaching staff situation and it is just massive hill to climb.
This team hasn't really fared well in games they are expected to win. So for that reason I am saying this is going to be an L

Thanks! Always had good rapport with oSu folks. Y'all were the opponent for our 2001 Red, White, and Blue out so oSu will always have a special place in A&M lore.

Back