2022-2023 Off-Season

Three “Non” Conference games to close the season.
Youre Good Robert Deniro GIF

Biggest post season development would be the offensive lineman living in the weight room and coming back in the greatest shape of their life.

Interesting that the KSU game is after both team's bye weeks.

And a Friday game

That bothers me a little. One of the good things about a bye is getting extra time to prepare for your next opponent who only gets a week to prepare for you. We both got hosed a little there.

So what do you see as the biggest challenges in the off season as we get closer to spring football?
The offensive line actually improving like we are told they are every year. Bowman staying healthy and learning his 4th offense and the receivers gelling with him. I will maintain doubts about the OL until conference play. No amount of spring hype will penetrate my salt encrusted bitterness.

However, I do believe Bowman is very capable. If our offensive scheme fit his strengths, he will be good. I have a lot of concerns of him making it through the season and lacking a legitimate back-up. Rangel needs to take several steps forward in development for an injury to Bowman to not ruin our season.

The offensive line actually improving like we are told they are every year. Bowman staying healthy and learning his 4th offense and the receivers gelling with him. I will maintain doubts about the OL until conference play. No amount of spring hype will penetrate my salt encrusted bitterness.

However, I do believe Bowman is very capable. If our offensive scheme fit his strengths, he will be good. I have a lot of concerns of him making it through the season and lacking a legitimate back-up. Rangel needs to take several steps forward in development for an injury to Bowman to not ruin our season.
Look on the bright side. The offensive line can’t really get any worse.

I think the schedule sets up nice for the current position the program is in, lots of turnover throughout on both sides of the ball and a new DC. I'm excited about going up against the new schools. Not thrilled about only playing one school from the state of Texas but I don't see that happening year in and year out.

Offensive line just needs to stay healthy. At one point last year we were using what would have been our 4th string center as a starter at the position. Very few teams can do well in that situation. I am hoping that Gundy and Glass are reevaluating our strength and conditioning workouts for at least the OL to make sure it is not contributing to injuries.

Offensive line just needs to stay healthy. At one point last year we were using what would have been our 4th string center as a starter at the position. Very few teams can do well in that situation. I am hoping that Gundy and Glass are reevaluating our strength and conditioning workouts for at least the OL to make sure it is not contributing to injuries.
I’m curious about Zone vs Gap injuries too. Zone would seem to leave open more possibility for getting rolled up if someone read the flow/defense wrong. Gap, everyone knows where everyone is going.

I’m curious about Zone vs Gap injuries too. Zone would seem to leave open more possibility for getting rolled up if someone read the flow/defense wrong. Gap, everyone knows where everyone is going.
I did not think about that, that is a good point!

Switching to gap scheme will help tremendously in many areas. May not notice a huge difference this coming season but moving forward we will see a more physical OL no doubt.

Poor goons and whorns, the Big XII has been pounding them and they just have to say, "Thank you sir, may I please have another"

Back