Regionals

In past years where we have drawn an inferior #4 seed, Rob/Josh have shown a willingness to down staff the opening game. Niagara does not appear to have a top line ace pitcher that would make them more dangerous than expected. I think there is a decent chance we don't see Garcia/Holiday on Friday.

Complete lack of respect for Big 12

Does Josh/Robb DARE going down staff for Niagara and having Garcia for Saturday and Holiday/Benge for Sunday?
This just seems like the new normal now. It has spread to virtually every sport except basketball. Once OU and UT leave it will spread to Softball as well. OSU will dominate and get put as a 6 or 7 seed.

Sam Garcia needs to throw Friday. Game 1 is too important. We learned that lesson last year. Lose game 1 and you are basically dead, because coming through losers bracket is so hard.

Holiday (who’s prolly our true ace anyway) in game 2 sets up the matchup perfectly.

Also if we do win regional, we want our guys on normal rest for Supers.

Nebraska should use their ace v Florida, but it’s a decent weekend staff (there’s a reason they could come through losers bracket at the Big10).

Florida has been doing a piggy back start thing on Friday with limited success. We will see how they approach the weekend. Typically Jac Cag is their Sunday guy. Their Saturday has been their most consistent starter. Jac is not their only offensive or pitching weapon. Stop underestimating our opponents. FWIW: the committee didn’t even list Florida as their last 4 in.

Sam Garcia needs to throw Friday. Game 1 is too important. We learned that lesson last year. Lose game 1 and you are basically dead, because coming through losers bracket is so hard.

Holiday (who’s prolly our true ace anyway) in game 2 sets up the matchup perfectly.

Nebraska should use their ace v Florida, but it’s a decent weekend staff (there’s a reason they could come through losers bracket at the Big10).

Florida has been doing a piggy back start thing on Friday with limited success. We will see how they approach the weekend. Typically Jac Cag is their Sunday guy. Their Saturday has been their most consistent starter. Jac is not their only offensive or pitching weapon. Stop underestimating our opponents. FWIW: the committee didn’t even list Florida as their last 4 in.
With as dominant as Benge looked in the Big 12 tourney I agree this is the best approach. Throw your aces to get to the cat bird seat, then Benge locks down a 3-0 regional tally and off ya go to Supers.

Biggest hope is the offense stays hot enough we don't need sterling pitching performances to win.

With as dominant as Benge looked in the Big 12 tourney I agree this is the best approach. Throw your aces to get to the cat bird seat, then Benge locks down a 3-0 regional tally and off ya go to Supers.

Biggest hope is the offense stays hot enough we don't need sterling pitching performances to win.
I could see Benge going first too, then Garcia and Holiday to close it out. Nice to have options.

In past years where we have drawn an inferior #4 seed, Rob/Josh have shown a willingness to down staff the opening game. Niagara does not appear to have a top line ace pitcher that would make them more dangerous than expected. I think there is a decent chance we don't see Garcia/Holiday on Friday.
Do they have any soft tossing lefties? Guy would probably pitch a complete game SO against us

Any season ticket holders been able to login to their account and buy regional tickets? Will not give me the option to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man he obliterated that ball & knew it right away.
I am not a big batflip guy, but in that situation, it just seemed natural how he yeeted it and I am with it.

Also, I'm a sucker and will click on that clip every F-ing time I see it

So we play Florida in the softball world series and their baseball team gets sent to our regional. Ou plays Duke in the world series and has Duke in their regional. I'm seeing a pattern here. Obviously, if games are not at the same time, you'll have some fans there for one event making the trek to the other event. Not sure how tickets are handled for a regional, how many visiting teams get. We know Nebraska travels well and with Softball in OKC, there could be more UF fans there than would have been. Should be some good crowds in O'Brate.

So we play Florida in the softball world series and their baseball team gets sent to our regional. Ou plays Duke in the world series and has Duke in their regional. I'm seeing a pattern here. Obviously, if games are not at the same time, you'll have some fans there for one event making the trek to the other event. Not sure how tickets are handled for a regional, how many visiting teams get. We know Nebraska travels well and with Softball in OKC, there could be more UF fans there than would have been. Should be some good crowds in O'Brate.
Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

That's one of Rex's all time great calls.

True story, my wife convinced me to leave in the top of the 8th when OSU was down 5-1
My parents were there but left around that same time. Had to just hear the call on the radio. Don't blame anyone who left though, even an hour behind here in CO I was up past midnight to see the end of the game. Weather was brutal for getting games in that year.

Keep the rotation normal…Garcia Friday, holiday Saturday, and benge to slam the door
If we go that route hope the bats blow up so we can pull Garcia early and save his arm for the Super, or have him available later in the regional if needed.

Back