Tucker Carlson Confirms He’s Interviewing Vladimir Putin In Moscow

What do you think the "truth about the Ukraine war" is?
It's easily explained. Putin feels betrayed by NATO. It had agreed that no new NATO member countries would border on Russia. That didn't happen. After Russia barely survived two massive military invasions from the west in the past, I'm not surprised Putin wants to gain control for part of or all of Ukraine.

The left and right can't agree on who is winning the Ukraine War. I suppose we'll find out for sure when one side runs out of soldiers and/or ammunition. The outcome will be delayed if NATO soldiers join in to help Ukraine.

It's easily explained. Putin feels betrayed by NATO. It had agreed that no new NATO member countries would border on Russia. That didn't happen. After Russia barely survived two massive military invasions from the west in the past, I'm not surprised Putin wants to gain control for part of or all of Ukraine.

The left and right can't agree on who is winning the Ukraine War. I suppose we'll find out for sure when one side runs out of soldiers and/or ammunition. The outcome will be delayed if NATO soldiers join in to help Ukraine.
Who made him feel "betrayed" when he took over Chechnya and Georgia?

Who agreed that there would be no new NATO countries on the border with Russia?

He invaded Ukraine because they had allied with NATO and EU and asked for permission to join both. Because they politically no longer wanted to align with former Warsaw PACT nations. NATO won't admit a country while it is in conflict so this prevents that.

The no border countries agreement never happened and was turned down many times when requested by Russia. NATO has never saught enlargement but as accepted requests for other countries to join.

"Such an agreement was never made. NATO’s door has been open to new members since it was founded in 1949. This has never changed. No treaty signed by NATO Allies and Russia included provisions on NATO membership. Decisions on NATO membership are taken by consensus among all Allies. Russia does not have a veto.

The idea of NATO enlargement beyond a united Germany was not on the agenda in 1989, particularly as the Warsaw Pact still existed until 1991. Mikhail Gorbachev said in an interview in 2014: "The topic of 'NATO expansion' was not discussed at all, and it wasn't brought up in those years. I say this with full responsibility. Not a single Eastern European country raised the issue, not even after the Warsaw Pact ceased to exist in 1991. Western leaders didn't bring it up either."

Individual Allies cannot make agreements on NATO’s behalf. President Clinton consistently refused Boris Yeltsin's offer to commit that no former Soviet Republics would join NATO: "I can't make commitments on behalf of NATO, and I'm not going to be in the position myself of vetoing NATO expansion with respect to any country, much less letting you or anyone else do so… NATO operates by consensus," he said.

The wording “NATO expansion” is already part of the myth. NATO did not hunt for new members or want to “expand eastward.” NATO respects every nation’s right to choose its own path. NATO membership is a decision for NATO Allies and those countries who wish to join alone."

Ukraine also agreed to give up their nuclear weapons in 1997 on the stipulation that Russia and US would never attack it.

NATO troops won't be involved unless nuclear weapons are used and it deems that action a direct threat to the member nations. Again DEFENSIVE ALLIANCE.

How many times has EVERY European country been invaded. Look at Poland or the Netherlands. Should they attached Germany to push their borders out and create a buffer. Russia in the last 100 years has invaded MANY countries in attempts to take territory.

Doesn't matter who our political left and right think is currently winning, you provide support to the side you support whether they are winning or not.

Russia won't stop until they are driven out, they don't care about people, theirs or Ukraine's and will vontinue to send in soldiers even without ammunition (already doing this by the way).

Or when Russia/USSR invaded Afghanistan or Finland or Hungary or Manchuria or Czechoslovakia or...

It had agreed that no new NATO member countries would border on Russia.

Myth:

NATO promised Russia it would not expand after the Cold War​

FACT
Such an agreement was never made. NATO’s door has been open to new members since it was founded in 1949. This has never changed. No treaty signed by NATO Allies and Russia included provisions on NATO membership. Decisions on NATO membership are taken by consensus among all Allies. Russia does not have a veto.
The idea of NATO enlargement beyond a united Germany was not on the agenda in 1989, particularly as the Warsaw Pact still existed until 1991. Mikhail Gorbachev said in an interview in 2014: "The topic of 'NATO expansion' was not discussed at all, and it wasn't brought up in those years. I say this with full responsibility. Not a single Eastern European country raised the issue, not even after the Warsaw Pact ceased to exist in 1991. Western leaders didn't bring it up either."
Individual Allies cannot make agreements on NATO’s behalf. President Clinton consistently refused Boris Yeltsin's offer to commit that no former Soviet Republics would join NATO: "I can't make commitments on behalf of NATO, and I'm not going to be in the position myself of vetoing NATO expansion with respect to any country, much less letting you or anyone else do so… NATO operates by consensus," he said.
The wording “NATO expansion” is already part of the myth. NATO did not hunt for new members or want to “expand eastward.” NATO respects every nation’s right to choose its own path. NATO membership is a decision for NATO Allies and those countries who wish to join alone.

So now that you have been shown to be factually wrong, are you going to retract? There was NEVER an agreement. STOP. MAKING. SH*T. UP.

So now that you have been shown to be factually wrong, are you going to retract? There was NEVER an agreement. STOP. MAKING. SH*T. UP.
In his defense, I'm sure he read that as a Putin quote or from a talking head on the GOP side. Both largely make crap up all the time.

It's Russia making up stuff that can't be found in an agreement. It makes the West look bad back home in Moscow. It will be interesting to see if Putin brings it up in his interview with Carlson.

It's Russia making up stuff that can't be found in an agreement. It makes the West look bad back home in Moscow. It will be interesting to see if Putin brings it up in his interview with Carlson.
the naked gun facepalm GIF

And if Putin does bring it up and Carlson is smart, rather than soft, he will ask Putin to produce on paper where Russia signed off with the West on such an agreement.
That face palm was directed at you.

So you never believed that there was an agreement for no new NATO members on the Russian border? Because your original post made it sound like you did and now it looks like you are backtracking.

It's not worth risking nuclear war over. His people won't overthrow him since he has an approval rating of around 80%, assuming it not overblown.
So you let him change Eastern Europe to suit his wants, wreck major parts of our economy and get rich with no repercussions? That’s not the American way. He needs a boot in his ass.

It's not worth risking nuclear war over. His people won't overthrow him since he has an approval rating of around 80%, assuming it not overblown.
Not sure if the approval rating is overblown or not. No way to know since ALL media is state run so counter points are suppressed, any dissent leads to arrests so no way to protest or try to present disagreement, and all politcal opponents are killed, removed or jailed.

This is what certain politicians are jealous of.

So you let him change Eastern Europe to suit his wants, wreck major parts of our economy and get rich with no repercussions? That’s not the American way. He needs a boot in his ass.
It's Europe's problem for now. U. S. economy is doing well. But that changes if Putin dares to invade a NATO country. Since UK, France and U. S. possess nuclear weapons, he will hopefully think twice before doing that.

After 20 years in Afghanistan that accomplished little, especially after the first 5-10 years, no WMD's in Iraq, the Vietnam War that proved the Domino Theory wrong, it's hard for me to support U. S. military involvement in foreign wars. Besides that, the U. S. is in deep debt and can't go on borrowing many billions of dollars every year just to blow things up. Eventually, the country doesn't have enough tax revenue to pay the interest on the debt.

It's Europe's problem for now. U. S. economy is doing well. But that changes if Putin dares to invade a NATO country. Since UK, France and U. S. possess nuclear weapons, he will hopefully think twice before doing that.

After 20 years in Afghanistan that accomplished little, especially after the first 5-10 years, no WMD's in Iraq, the Vietnam War that proved the Domino Theory wrong, it's hard for me to support U. S. military involvement in foreign wars. Besides that, the U. S. is in deep debt and can't go on borrowing many billions of dollars every year just to blow things up. Eventually, the country doesn't have enough tax revenue to pay the interest on the debt.
There is no US military involvement here.

Ukraine is doing the work they just need financial and equipment support. Money we spend to donate equipment to help Ukraine defend itself is being provided to US companies. That money stays in the US economy and supports our ability to provide future arms to ourself as well by maintaining our defense industrial base.

Back