Regionals

it’s more about others schools not getting their respect than actually facing Florida. Florida isn’t very good…don’t think anyone has a problem with playing them. Doesn’t mean they deserved to get in the field. Committee preaches RPI and completely ignored it this year

Lamar should’ve been in…committee did a sh**y job IMO
They have share holders to answer to, hence the likes of Lamar or Cincy being left out while Florida is in.

That said, watch out for Florida. They've been ass this year, but the talent is there on the roster that if they pull it together they're dangerous.

Finally, so glad to see 0u not get a top 8 spot. Still a sham they're ahead of us, but whatever, still knocked them off their pedestal.

it’s more about others schools not getting their respect than actually facing Florida. Florida isn’t very good…don’t think anyone has a problem with playing them. Doesn’t mean they deserved to get in the field. Committee preaches RPI and completely ignored it this year
Thing is, they kinda didn't. Apparently Florida is #1 SOS and #30 RPI. Which points a huge finger at why the metrics are so flawed. How is it possible to lose HALF of your games but still be top 30 in anything? Rhetorical question, cause it's not possible in anything of value.

Thing is, they kinda didn't. Apparently Florida is #1 SOS and #30 RPI. Which points a huge finger at why the metrics are so flawed. How is it possible to lose HALF of your games but still be top 30 in anything? Rhetorical question, cause it's not possible in anything of value.

The results on the field have to matter. Wasn’t the case for UF. Reminds me of the “good loss” argument in basketball.

Any other team would have been left out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The results on the field have to matter. Wasn’t the case for UF. Reminds me of the “good loss” argument in basketball.

Any other team would have been left out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep it's a sham just like the CFP committee and basketball committee. Plain bias that everyone can see, but nothing is ever going to be done about it because there's WAY too much money at stake.

They have share holders to answer to, hence the likes of Lamar or Cincy being left out while Florida is in.

That said, watch out for Florida. They've been ass this year, but the talent is there on the roster that if they pull it together they're dangerous.

Finally, so glad to see 0u not get a top 8 spot. Still a sham they're ahead of us, but whatever, still knocked them off their pedestal.
Agree to disagree…I’m more concerned about Nebraska than Florida. Their pitching isn’t good. The only thing Florida has is Jac Caglianone… let’s not act like this vintage Sully team. It’s a down year for them.

They also went 13-17 in conference play…TCU had a better resume. Cincinnati deserved to get in. Their brand got them in…I just don’t think their one of the top 64 teams

Agree to disagree…I’m more concerned about Nebraska than Florida. Their pitching isn’t good. The only thing Florida has is Jac Caglianone… let’s not act like this vintage Sully team. It’s a down year for them.
Fair enough. I haven't watched them play a single game, but know they're always loaded with supposed talent. They don't concern me much either, but if we face them can't sleep on them.

Fair enough. I haven't watched them play a single game, but know they're always loaded with supposed talent. They don't concern me much either, but if we face them can't sleep on them.
I seen them play…it’s not the same Florida team sully has had. Doesn’t have the high end arms or position players. They have one player jac…that’s a two player like benge. Very gifted!! Outside of that…they’re very average hitting and below average pitching.

Nebraska might have the best pitcher in the regional. They have a more solid offense and more depth on the mound. That said, it’s a very doable regional for us. Just got to execute

I seen them play…it’s not the same Florida team sully has had. Doesn’t have the high end arms or position players. They have one player jac…that’s a two player like benge. Very gifted!! Outside of that…they’re very average hitting and below average pitching.

Nebraska might have the best pitcher in the regional. They have a more solid offense and more depth on the mound. That said, it’s a very doable regional for us. Just got to execute
Nebraska will use that guy against Florida most likely, right?

Coastal only got in because of their coach retiring and didn’t hurt they had AD as selection committee chair. I know NCAA protocols blah blah blah but guarantee you they all talk outside of the room.

Guess they had top 20 KPI so that gave them cover but would have put TCU in over them

Last edited:
Back