UCF @ OSU

Who uses a buyout as an excuse? I merely pointed out the obvious... whether people want to accept it or not... a buyout, even a negotiated buyout, is a huge amount... and is the only thing that gives Boynton any hope of another year. So mentioning the buyout is very legitimate.

The vast majority want Boynton gone.. including me. I just hope a buyout doesn't prevent that from happening. Boynton is a terrible coach... he's gotta go. If Boynton is not replaced, my yearly donation will immediately cease until he's gone.

And, NIL is a massive problem that needs attention immediately. Unless that changes, a new coach will begin his tenure recruiting the leftovers of leftovers of leftovers. Not a good scenario.
I think that because he’s so well liked off of the court they aren’t even exploring the possibility of a buyout or negotiating one. Where as if he were like Travis Ford I think they would at least have a discussion on if it was a possibility. Ford had significantly better overall results in the same amount of time and was let go. His buy out at the time was 7.2 mil negotiated down to one lump payment of 3.9. April 1st boyntons buy out will be 6.7 mil, and every article I read basically says it’s impossible to buy him out. I understand NIL didn’t exist back then and now throws a wrench into buying out boynton. Ford was good enough to get a mid major job and recoup the money he gave up. Boynton has 0 chance at another job so him accepting a buyout could prove difficult. Instead they lean on the fact that because it’s so big they can’t do anything, when they never even really explored it. IMO.

With the NIL while it may be lacking, when your team stinks you don’t come out and basically blame it on NIL. How many teams has he lost to that most likely have a smaller NIL budget. To his example of tyreek smith, I would say you didn’t win when you had him so why would anyone pay to keep him. If you want NIL money going 12-20 and last place in the conference isn’t the way to get more. And at this point any extra money they get won’t go for NIL, it will go towards his buyout.

I assume they won’t do anything, but we will know April 1st.

I think that because he’s so well liked off of the court they aren’t even exploring the possibility of a buyout or negotiating one. Where as if he were like Travis Ford I think they would at least have a discussion on if it was a possibility. Ford had significantly better overall results in the same amount of time and was let go. His buy out at the time was 7.2 mil negotiated down to one lump payment of 3.9. April 1st boyntons buy out will be 6.7 mil, and every article I read basically says it’s impossible to buy him out. I understand NIL didn’t exist back then and now throws a wrench into buying out boynton. Ford was good enough to get a mid major job and recoup the money he gave up. Boynton has 0 chance at another job so him accepting a buyout could prove difficult. Instead they lean on the fact that because it’s so big they can’t do anything, when they never even really explored it. IMO.

With the NIL while it may be lacking, when your team stinks you don’t come out and basically blame it on NIL. How many teams has he lost to that most likely have a smaller NIL budget. To his example of tyreek smith, I would say you didn’t win when you had him so why would anyone pay to keep him. If you want NIL money going 12-20 and last place in the conference isn’t the way to get more. And at this point any extra money they get won’t go for NIL, it will go towards his buyout.

I assume they won’t do anything, but we will know April 1st.
I sure hope Holder is contributing a heavy dose of funds to NIL. He and his national search firm got OSU into this mess with Boynton.

Does anyone else ever have a problem with ESPN+ always freezing? I have gig wifi and should have no problem with freezing/buffering, yet ESPN+ is the only app that perpetually freezes. Anyone else have the same problem and have a solution?
If I pause/rewind/fast-forward, it becomes extremely pixelated and the audio sounds like they are talking in a bathroom for about 30 seconds.

If I pause/rewind/fast-forward, it becomes extremely pixelated and the audio sounds like they are talking in a bathroom for about 30 seconds.
ESPN+ has been a disappointment. I wonder if anyone at the Big 12 is complaining to ESPN about the terrible feeds AND that so many of the Big 12 games are in pay per view (ESPN+) instead of regular ESPN / CBS, etc?

Oh, by the way, the Pokes MBB is an embarrassment.

That he grossly underachieved with. CC should have been a walking triple double and capable of dropping 40 every night.
Seriously. And he made some incredibly difficult shots in the last minute of games (I remember @OU, @ Wichita State) that saved some very poorly coached games. We see the same thing in the last minute now, it's just not being executed by Cade Cunningham.

ESPN+ has been a disappointment. I wonder if anyone at the Big 12 is complaining to ESPN about the terrible feeds AND that so many of the Big 12 games are in pay per view (ESPN+) instead of regular ESPN / CBS, etc?

It’s not pay per view. It’s a streaming app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ford had significantly better overall results in the same amount of time and was let go.
Ford made the tournament five times in eight seasons. And what's crazy is Ford only got year 8 because Boone stepped in and blocked an attempted buyout by a group of boosters.

Last edited:

I haven't had any problems. The reason they're on ESPN+ is because every Big 12 game is available to watch, and the actual channel maybe does 4 or a week. Nobody nationally wants to watch Oklahoma State play UCF. That's an awful game for ESPN to put on their TV network.

This way everyone can see their team play (although its more of a curse recently I can watch just about every OSU team on the app, I think its great. Sometimes the local announcers aren't great, but that's the fault of the home team.

I haven't had any problems. The reason they're on ESPN+ is because every Big 12 game is available to watch, and the actual channel maybe does 4 or a week. Nobody nationally wants to watch Oklahoma State play UCF. That's an awful game for ESPN to put on their TV network.

This way everyone can see their team play (although its more of a curse recently I can watch just about every OSU team on the app, I think its great. Sometimes the local announcers aren't great, but that's the fault of the home team.
To be fair, that's not the only reason they're on ESPN+. They're trying to drive consumers to that platform, constantly, which is why premium games also wind up on the app.

We also saw it with the NFL and putting Thursday Night Football on Amazon, then playoff games on Peacock this season. I have no idea what this all looks like in a few years, but the efforts and investment in driving people to streaming platforms is well underway.

Back