UCF @ OSU

Well surely the last two games slams the door on this situation. Some where thinking a "late season surge" would get his job back. There's no surge, this team is awful. Just lost 2 games at home against average and below average competiton.

I will be absolutely shocked if OSU goes a different direction. Too much money for the buyout. Unless a donor steps up pays it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember how much fun this time of year used to be? Good times.
Barely.

Old Man Technology GIF by The Mole Agent

Well surely the last two games slams the door on this situation. Some where thinking a "late season surge" would get his job back. There's no surge, this team is awful. Just lost 2 games at home when you had a double digit lead against average and below average competition.
I know a buyout can be negotiated, but it's still a helluva lot of money. Let's hope the AD does what needs to be done. Everyone, well, mostly everyone, realizes that a change must be made. I'm sure a coaching change would decimate the roster, but that is bound to happen anyway. It would be severely disappointing to see Boynton on the sideline during the 24-25 season and that's an understatement.

Let's hope a change is made. It has to be done.

I know a buyout can be negotiated, but it's still a helluva lot of money. Let's hope the AD does what needs to be done. Everyone, well, mostly everyone, realizes that a change must be made. I'm sure a coaching change would decimate the roster, but that is bound to happen anyway. It would be severely disappointing to see Boynton on the sideline during the 24-25 season and that's an understatement.

Could be wrong but I think fords buyout was negotiated, but the full amount had to be paid in like 30 days or something.

The second thing I would say. So what if the roster is decimated. They aren’t going to win with him as the coach. I don’t want to lose Garrison, small, Dailey, etc. But at the same time what’s the point of keeping a coach to keep the players when he can’t coach them.

This man went basically an entire game without calling a time out as there was a 20 point swing going on. And then called 2 in the last 20 seconds. I can’t even make up a reasoning for that.

Remember when we thought ford was a bad coach. We hadn’t seen anything yet.

Last edited:

I don’t see how anyone could support keeping him if money wasn’t a factor. OSU has become an embarrassment.

Does anyone else ever have a problem with ESPN+ always freezing? I have gig wifi and should have no problem with freezing/buffering, yet ESPN+ is the only app that perpetually freezes. Anyone else have the same problem and have a solution?
Yes. Have to escape game entirely and then pull it up anew. And it freezes too.

I genuinely believe people support him because he’s a nice guy and can use the large buyout as an excuse. And are praying he figures out something he hasn’t in 7 years
Just rewatch tonight every time you think “he’s figured it out”.

Sits on timeouts as momentum changes.
Starts 2nd half needing to recapture momentum and thinks he can do it w protecting Small and then compounds that decision by playing Hicklan instead of Dailey.
Refuses to attack a pathetically weak press and get easy buckets or fouls.
Left Garrison on the bench too long at the end
At the most critical jumcture and possession needing a buckets he refuses to go w optimal lineup or call timeout and demand a set play.

Who uses a buyout as an excuse? I merely pointed out the obvious... whether people want to accept it or not... a buyout, even a negotiated buyout, is a huge amount... and is the only thing that gives Boynton any hope of another year. So mentioning the buyout is very legitimate.

The vast majority want Boynton gone.. including me. I just hope a buyout doesn't prevent that from happening. Boynton is a terrible coach... he's gotta go. If Boynton is not replaced, my yearly donation will immediately cease until he's gone.

And, NIL is a massive problem that needs attention immediately. Unless that changes, a new coach will begin his tenure recruiting the leftovers of leftovers of leftovers. Not a good scenario.

Back