TCU at OSU

how many times is that this year that a last :30 possession to tie or take the lead ended in a turnover? And guys, it was a good call. Small just stuck out his forearm for some reason. More stupid basketball.

how many times is that this year that a last :30 possession to tie or take the lead ended in a turnover? And guys, it was a good call. Small just stuck out his forearm for some reason. More stupid basketball.
Yeah, I was getting ready to say the same thing. It was a good call. However, the refs were very inconsistent, to say the least. but they definitely got that call right

At the end of the day they lost because Mike boyton stinks. 17 point lead, refs should not even matter.
Pretty sure this is common knowledge. Holder screwed OSU with that contract.. hopefully Chad (AD) will do something about it immediately after the conclusion of this season.

Pretty sure this is common knowledge. Holder screwed OSU with that contract.. hopefully Chad (AD) will do something about it immediately after the conclusion of this season.
I disagree. They need to fire him now. We can’t afford to do it at the end of the season. We need to start contacting and interviewing other coaches. We need to recruit the current roster to prevent a mass exodus. The more time Boynton stays the greater the odds of us not having most of the team left because they will all transfer out.

In the 3 conference games we should have won even w the usual warts there are 3 plays that scream “Coaching Matters” and why someone who has been around as much basketball as Boynton has won’t figure it out.

Baylor-Up 1 in OT Boynton calls for true freshman playing in his 1st college conf game in his 1st OT to bring the ball up for the 1st time right in front of the Baylor bench. Baylor coach Drew recognizes and immediately calls for his point guard to switch onto Dailey. He picks him from behind and gets a layup. Baylor up one and wins.

KSt-Tie game around a minute to go KSt baseline inbounds w 1.2 seconds on the shot clock. Instead of going w size on the unbounder or in the paint we stay matched up. KSt recognizes from the bench and instead of running set calls for lob. 2 point game and we lost.

TCU-Closimg minutes TCU up 2 and OSU has no rim protector or size on the floor. TCU coach backs them out of set and calls for ISO from their 4 on our undersized lineup. Gets the easy bucket. OSU later cuts it to 3 and won’t sub in Garrison. TCU calls for ISO again and gets easy bucket to push to 5.

He is such a dang good dude and cares so much. It sucks that he is a horrible coach. But it is what it is. He needs to be gone after the season irregardless.
Yea I’m not going to feel good about it. I like Boynton. I think he really gets the Cowboy culture and loves being here. It’s just not working out. He was put in a bad situation right out of the gate and could just never get it going in the right direction. I think he is going to go to a mid major and do well. Get some seasoning and be a really good coach some day. Just sucks it won’t be at OSU.

I disagree. They need to fire him now. We can’t afford to do it at the end of the season. We need to start contacting and interviewing other coaches. We need to recruit the current roster to prevent a mass exodus. The more time Boynton stays the greater the odds of us not having most of the team left because they will all transfer out.
National signing day begins April 17th and ends on May 5th. He won't be fired before then. It's not ideal to fire a coach between mid-season and end of season. Gotta sign the class before Boynton is fired.

Unfortunately, he'll probably get another year. I really hope that isn't the case.

National signing day begins April 17th and ends on May 5th. He won't be fired before then. It's not ideal to fire a coach between mid-season and end of season. Gotta sign the class before Boynton is fired.

Unfortunately, he'll probably get another year. I really hope that isn't the case.
He won’t but I think it hurts us regardless of signing day. They can still transfer at any point.

I think if you get the right coach they can try to keep the guys we have. I think keeping Boynton hurts us because we keep losing and he has the locker room convinced he is the only option

Back