KU at OSU

Well it's been to four final fours and won two national championships with great coaching so.....it's not unrealistic to find someone to make the program a perremial tournament team.

If KSU can hire a coach like Jerome Tang, who I predict is going to take them to new heights, there’s no reason we can’t do the same. We just need an athletic Director with a brain and some balls to find a big time candidate and pull the trigger.

Ford had a massive buyout, yet Ford was fired in 2016 after a season in we went 3–15 in Big 12 play and 12–20 overall. His winning percentage was 60%.

A couple more losses will put Boynton below .500. After the conclusion of this season hopefully the AD understands a change is needed

Ford had a massive buyout, yet Ford was fired in 2016 after a season in we went 3–15 in Big 12 play and 12–20 overall. His winning percentage was 60%.

A couple more losses will put Boynton below .500. After the conclusion of this season hopefully the AD understands a change is needed
What I am about to say, not even I thought could ever be said, but….travesty ford is 10x the coach Mike boynton is.

I know tonight was KU and I didn't expect a miracle, but overall it really shouldn't be that big of an ask for oSu Basketball to have more conference wins than oSu Football.

Dear Mr Weiberg,
It's time.

If the Oklahoman had it right nothing will happen until after 4/1/24. According to their article Boynton would be due a buyout in the neighborhood of $8MM. On 4/1 it would go down to around $6.7. Sad thing is after next season you’re still paying a buyout north of $5.5.

If the Oklahoman had it right nothing will happen until after 4/1/24. According to their article Boynton would be due a buyout in the neighborhood of $8MM. On 4/1 it would go down to around $6.7. Sad thing is after next season you’re still paying a buyout north of $5.5.
Buyouts are usually negotiated down to a more manageable amount. Hopefully this can be done.

KU
Buyouts are usually negotiated down to a more manageable amount. Hopefully this can be done.
I think even Boynton realizes he shouldn't be in his position anymore. It seems like even he has lost confidence in himself. He recognized that he couldn't win with solely long & athletic players that were good at harassing teams on defense, but little else. He tried to get better shooters, less raw players. Now he has no defense and still can't draw up a half-court offense. Sadly, I think he gets another season and I think that hurts everyone, including him.

KU

I think even Boynton realizes he shouldn't be in his position anymore. It seems like even he has lost confidence in himself. He recognized that he couldn't win with solely long & athletic players that were good at harassing teams on defense, but little else. He tried to get better shooters, less raw players. Now he has no defense and still can't draw up a half-court offense. Sadly, I think he gets another season and I think that hurts everyone, including him.
It’s sad because we are talking about a whole staff and their families. Many of them played and graduated from here.

But the job didn’t get done so something has to change. There’s too big of a delta to not wait until 4/1 but not enough to wait until after next season. I think it gets done before the final 4 tips.

If KSU can hire a coach like Jerome Tang, who I predict is going to take them to new heights, there’s no reason we can’t do the same. We just need an athletic Director with a brain and some balls to find a big time candidate and pull the trigger.

I agree with your premise, but I think I (and most of our fanbase) would have been totally underwhelmed if we had cut Boynton loose a couple of years ago and turned around and hired Tang, another assistant without D1 HC experience. We would love to have him now, but I don't think it would have gone over well before we saw what he did at ksu his first season.

Man. I remember when we were really close to getting Bill Self to leave Kansas. My how much this program has fallen. It makes it REALLY hard to care about it.

Jamie Dixon got hired at TCU the year before Boynton took over Oklahoma State and has turned a school with zero basketball tradition into a respectable basketball school. Here we are with a rich tradition and a trash product. Coaching matters in college basketball. It is so frustrating to watch this team just continue to fall further and further. Its been 20 years since the last time we went to the Final 4. Its insane.

Jamie Dixon got hired at TCU the year before Boynton took over Oklahoma State and has turned a school with zero basketball tradition into a respectable basketball school. Here we are with a rich tradition and a trash product. Coaching matters in college basketball. It is so frustrating to watch this team just continue to fall further and further. Its been 20 years since the last time we went to the Final 4. Its insane.
It’s about to be 20 years since we’ve even made the sweet 16. The Athletic Department is all in on football. Boynton’s contract has too rich of a buyout unless major donors chip in, but with the past 20 years as a reference will the AD even find a coach that’s better? It’s going to take a major commitment to turn it around, and we’re already heavily committed to football. This program is long gone without some major help. Brad Underwood leaving and the NCAA probation are likely nails in the coffin. Fan support will not recover with the thunder in OKC even if we can loop some good seasons together. I’ve haven’t even been watching our basketball games for about 3 years. Only really see the box scores. Every time I try to watch it’s crappy basketball and it feels like we only win when our opponents also play crappy basketball. Boynton absolutely has to go, but I have no confidence the athletic director can find anyone that’s either better or will last for the long term.

It’s about to be 20 years since we’ve even made the sweet 16. The Athletic Department is all in on football. Boynton’s contract has too rich of a buyout unless major donors chip in, but with the past 20 years as a reference will the AD even find a coach that’s better? It’s going to take a major commitment to turn it around, and we’re already heavily committed to football. This program is long gone without some major help. Brad Underwood leaving and the NCAA probation are likely nails in the coffin. Fan support will not recover with the thunder in OKC even if we can loop some good seasons together. I’ve haven’t even been watching our basketball games for about 3 years. Only really see the box scores. Every time I try to watch it’s crappy basketball and it feels like we only win when our opponents also play crappy basketball. Boynton absolutely has to go, but I have no confidence the athletic director can find anyone that’s either better or will last for the long term.
Sadly this is spot on…especially the new administration heavily committed to football! If only we kept Brad underwood

Back