Serious National Security Threat

Polds4OSU

Sheriff
Patreon Supporter

GOP House Intelligence Committee chair warns of a serious national security threat

Republican head of the House Intelligence Committee urged the Biden administration on Wednesday to declassify information about what he called a serious national security threat.

Rep. Mike Turner gave no details about the nature of the threat, and the Biden administration also declined to address it
Turner earlier Wednesday sent an email to members of Congress saying his committee had “identified an urgent matter with regard to a destabilizing foreign military capability” that should be known to all congressional policy makers. He encouraged them to come to a SCIF, a secure area, to review the intelligence.

ODD response from his OWN Party Leader
House Speaker Mike Johnson, cautioned against being overly alarmed.

Johnson said he was not at liberty to disclose the classified information. "But we just want to assure everyone steady hands are at the wheel. We’re working on it and there’s no need for alarm,”
The Senate Intelligence Committee said they are aware and have been tracking the issue

Democratic Rep. Jim Himes, the ranking member of the Intelligence Committee, said in a statement that the classified information is “significant” but “not a cause for panic.”

The Senate Intelligence Committee said it has been tracking the issue.

“We continue to take this matter seriously and are discussing an appropriate response with the administration,” Sen. Mark Warner, the Democratic committee chairman, and Sen. Marco Rubio, the Republican vice chairman, said in a statement. "In the meantime, we must be cautious about potentially disclosing sources and methods that may be key to preserving a range of options for U.S. action.”

The WH responded they are aware of the issue, have been in contact with Congressional Leaders on the issue for a month and already have a meeting on the Books for Tomorrow to brief Senior Congressional Leaders. Noted they had already reached out to the Gang of Eight about the issue this week

National security adviser Jake Sullivan told reporters at the White House that he already had been due to brief Turner and other senior congressional leaders on Thursday. Sullivan did not disclose the topic or provide any other details related to Turner’s statement.

“I’m focused on going to see him, sit with him as well as the other House members of the Gang of Eight, tomorrow,” Sullivan said. “And I’m not in a position to say anything further from this podium at this time.”

He acknowledged it was not standard practice to offer such a briefing.

“I’ll just say that I personally reached out to the Gang of Eight. It is highly unusual, in fact, for the national security adviser to do that," Sullivan said. He said he had reached out earlier this week.

Johnson said he sent a letter last month to the White House requesting a meeting with the president to discuss “the serious national security issue that is classified.” He said Sullivan's meeting was in response to his request.

Allegedly the issue is that Russia wants to put a nuke in space. Big surprise. Can/will they? I doubt it.

Allegedly the issue is that Russia wants to put a nuke in space. Big surprise. Can/will they? I doubt it.

Republican warning of 'security threat' about Russia wanting nuke in space: Sources​

The White House's national security adviser and leading lawmakers on Capitol Hill sought to allay public concerns on Wednesday after the House Intelligence Committee chairman warned of a "national security threat" related to a "destabilizing foreign military capability" so serious that President Joe Biden should declassify "all information" about it.

Two sources familiar with deliberations on Capitol Hill said the intelligence has to do with Russia wanting to put a nuclear weapon into space. This is not to drop a nuclear weapon onto Earth but rather to possibly use against satellites.

Still, "it is very concerning and very sensitive," said one source, calling it "a big deal."

While not addressing the subject directly, multiple members of Congress quickly described the issue as serious without stoking public alarm.

"We are going to work together to address this matter, as we do all sensitive matters that are classified," House Speaker Mike Johnson told reporters at the Capitol on Wednesday afternoon.

"But we just want to assure everyone steady hands are at the wheel," he said.

Rep. Jim Himes, a Connecticut Democrat and the ranking member on the House Intelligence Committee, echoed that in his own statement, calling the warning "significant" but "not a cause for panic."

"As to whether more can be declassified about this issue, that is a worthwhile discussion but it is not a discussion to be had in public," Himes said.

Seems really weird considering multiple countries have demonstrated abilities to down satellites in multiple ways. For multiple decades. Added that the US super secret mini shuttle is up there doing who knows what, seems hypocritically weird.

Seems really weird considering multiple countries have demonstrated abilities to down satellites in multiple ways. For multiple decades. Added that the US super secret mini shuttle is up there doing who knows what, seems hypocritically weird.
Treaties have been signed to not weaponize space. Downing a satellite from surface or an airplane is not putting weapons in space. Putting nukes up there is exactly what the treaties were trying to prevent.

Source

Treaties have been signed to not weaponize space. Downing a satellite from surface or an airplane is not putting weapons in space. Putting nukes up there is exactly what the treaties were trying to prevent.

Source
I hear ya. And here’s why. Now if that was done in 1962. How hard would it be to put a nuke in space covertly today? And why the need anyway? Multiple countries now have non orbital weapons platforms over our heads.

Feels more like an anti Trump move to keep him from cozying up to the Russians. Like maybe, they think he’ll win.

I hear ya. And here’s why. Now if that was done in 1962. How hard would it be to put a nuke in space covertly today? And why the need anyway? Multiple countries now have non orbital weapons platforms over our heads.

Feels more like an anti Trump move to keep him from cozying up to the Russians. Like maybe, they think he’ll win.

From a guy that's defended Trump repeatedly? Look up the man that made the statement: Congressman Mike Turner. Against impeachment for Jan 6, defended Trump on documents case immediately after the search, and hes already endorsed him for this years election,... don't think he's anti-Trump.

Your trolling would be a lot more entertaining if it weren't for the fact that the imaginary liberal tears that are your only voting criteria count just as much as informed and educated voters.
What's even more entertaining is that on the same day Putin says that he prefers Biden as POTUS you post this:

Tomorrow's headline: Donald Trump invites Putin to put nukes in space and point them at all of our closest allies and California. Gogetem assures us this is just how every President in the history of America has always spoken.

1708028282052.png

Infighting erupts in House GOP over 'reckless disregard' for national security threat​

Infighting erupted among House Republicans Thursday when one lawmaker accused another of “reckless disregard” over vague warnings issued this week of a national security threat, a letter sent to Speaker Mike Johnson shows.

Rep. Andy Ogles (R-TN) slammed Intelligence Committee chair Mike Turner (R-OH) over his Valentine’s Day revelation to the public that the U.S. faces an “imminent and perhaps existential threat,” according to the letter revealed by Politico’s Olivia Beavers.

“The Chairman of the Select Committee on Intelligence is solely appointed by the Speaker and under your direct purview,” Ogles writes. “Should the Chairman retain his post, you have a duty and an obligation to reassure this body (Congress) and the American people that the processes of the Intelligence Committee have not been corrupted by the very institutions they are charged with monitoring.”

ABC News’ Thursday report notes the weapons Russia wants would not target Earth but possibly satellites and that the White House' and Congressional leaders are slated to hold a classified meeting Thursday.

At a press conference Wednesday, White House national security adviser Jake Sullivan expressed surprise at Turner’s comments, especially considering he’d already contacted the four Democratic and four Republicans the White House briefs on classified intelligence, the gang of eight.

“I am a bit surprised that Congressman Turner came out publicly today in advance of a meeting to sit along side him,” Sullivan said. “It is highly unusual, in fact, for the national security adviser to do that.”

haha Anti Trump move. Don't you mean a PRO UKRAINE and ISRAEL funding move

Per Trump Jr and Boebert it was a Deep State Op..which are apparently run by MAGA Republicans now (since the leaker is a huge Trump guy) to scare Congress into pressuring Mike Johnson into reconsidering not allowing a vote on the Israel/Ukraine Funding Bill

Doesn't make any sense at all but that's what they are putting out there on the Twitter.

Donald Trump Jr., Lauren Boebert Push Bizarre New 'Deep State' Conspiracy Theory​

Donald Trump Jr. weaved a conspiracy theory to challenge talk about a “serious national security threat” after a top House Republican issued a call to address the threat Wednesday.

The former president’s son took to social media after House Intelligence Committee chair Mike Turner (R-Ohio) called on President Joe Biden to declassify information related to the threat, which sources told ABC News is related to Russia putting a nuclear weapon in space.

“Does anyone really believe that there is a serious Russian threat that magically leaks about 30 seconds after the Speaker said they’re not going to take up funding another $60 billion in Ukraine?” wrote Trump Jr. of House speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.), who said he isn’t planning on putting the aid package that includes Ukraine on the House floor.

“Is anyone stupid enough to buy this at this point? Textbook deep state propaganda!”

Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.), in response to Trump Jr.’s post, wrote, “Funny thing, ain’t it?

haha Anti Trump move. Don't you mean a PRO UKRAINE and ISRAEL funding move

Per Trump Jr and Boebert it was a Deep State Op..which are apparently run by MAGA Republicans now (since the leaker is a huge Trump guy) to scare Congress into pressuring Mike Johnson into reconsidering not allowing a vote on the Israel/Ukraine Funding Bill

Doesn't make any sense at all but that's what they are putting out there on the Twitter.

Donald Trump Jr., Lauren Boebert Push Bizarre New 'Deep State' Conspiracy Theory​

Donald Trump Jr. weaved a conspiracy theory to challenge talk about a “serious national security threat” after a top House Republican issued a call to address the threat Wednesday.

The former president’s son took to social media after House Intelligence Committee chair Mike Turner (R-Ohio) called on President Joe Biden to declassify information related to the threat, which sources told ABC News is related to Russia putting a nuclear weapon in space.

“Does anyone really believe that there is a serious Russian threat that magically leaks about 30 seconds after the Speaker said they’re not going to take up funding another $60 billion in Ukraine?” wrote Trump Jr. of House speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.), who said he isn’t planning on putting the aid package that includes Ukraine on the House floor.

“Is anyone stupid enough to buy this at this point? Textbook deep state propaganda!”

Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.), in response to Trump Jr.’s post, wrote, “Funny thing, ain’t it?
Now you have me wondering what happens to each war if Trump wins.

Funny part is I’m so apolitical at this point, my OP are my own thoughts. I don’t follow any of the Trumps.

I thought it was a bizarre message myself considering the levels of technology they’re nudging us to.

As stated earlier, it takes minutes to put a nuke in space anyway. If they’re not already there.

I got the news update there was an emergency announcement but that’s the news title. Had no idea there was a soap opera going on. I thought it was about a cyber attack.

Which explains what @mugato was saying, which was an eye opener. As soon as the news turned to the nuke story, I assumed they were locking in American support in such a way, that if Trump won, he couldn’t end the support.

That’s why you got me wondering now, what would Trump do?

Last edited:
Back