BYU @ OSU

NIL is tough for OkSt.

This is where our grandparents and parents met. It’s where we met our spouses and friends. We just don’t take our kids to BPS or GIA. We take them to the Union, Library Lawn and Theta Pond. Walk around is often 3-4 generations gathering for a weekend.

We celebrate TDs at BPS. Buckets at GIA. We yell “3” at takedowns. We high five strangers in the outfield at softball. We marvel at O’Brate. We celebrate when Rickie or Victor win on Tour. We our overjoyed when we when Natty’s in cross country, Golf, equestrian or a women’s ITA.

We don’t get it when an athlete who for over a century has been just like us now moves on for more money.

NIL will be a problem for us for a while. Football and high profile athletes proves we can support it. Boynton failed to understand that if you are one of us we will support you. Do it the right way. Have success and you will be overwhelmed. His interview was a massive miscalculation. Just one more indication he doesn’t know how to lead the basketball program.
1708281650802.gif

No, I'm not wrong. We've lost conference games by an avg of 5 points. OSU has the youngest roster in the Big 12. Had NIL kept the mass exodus from occuring after the conclusion of last season, we'd be a much better team than we have now.. and it wouldn't be close.

I'm not understanding how people misinterpret my posts. I'm not defending Boynton, good lord. But he is right about NIL... sufficient NIL would've meant that most starters this year would not be starters.. they'd be bench riders.

I agree that Boynton isn't getting the job done and that's an understatement. But he is right tho. How do people not understand that he is right? The next coach will have the same damn problems with NIL and mass transfers unless OSU leadership gets serious about the basketball program.

It's a fallacy to compare OSU to any other program, such as Iowa State. What does Iowa State have anything to do with OSU's basketball program? Iowa State lucked out and won the transfer lottery. You have no idea how a team will perform with tons of transfers, so it's not like Iowa State's coach is Nastradamus or something. By sheer luck Iowa State won the transfer lottery. Iowa State is probably only one of a handful of teams tjat struck transfer gold.

Unless OSU leadership gets serious about NIL and the basketball program, OSU basketball will continue to fade away into obscurity. Either adapt to changes, or fall way behind. OSU leadership refuses to do what's necessary to give the basketball program a chance to succeed.

How do people not understand that? For the past 3 years, lack of NIL has destroyed the roster year after year. That will continue because OSU leadership doesn't give one damn thing about OSU basketball. It's only football theae days.
Talk about a ridiculous condescending premise.

Multiple things are true at once. But if that’s your approach, no thanks.

NIL is tough for OkSt.

This is where our grandparents and parents met. It’s where we met our spouses and friends. We just don’t take our kids to BPS or GIA. We take them to the Union, Library Lawn and Theta Pond. Walk around is often 3-4 generations gathering for a weekend.

We celebrate TDs at BPS. Buckets at GIA. We yell “3” at takedowns. We high five strangers in the outfield at softball. We marvel at O’Brate. We celebrate when Rickie or Victor win on Tour. We our overjoyed when we when Natty’s in cross country, Golf, equestrian or a women’s ITA.

We don’t get it when an athlete who for over a century has been just like us now moves on for more money.

NIL will be a problem for us for a while. Football and high profile athletes proves we can support it. Boynton failed to understand that if you are one of us we will support you. Do it the right way. Have success and you will be overwhelmed. His interview was a massive miscalculation. Just one more indication he doesn’t know how to lead the basketball program.

Eh, I get what you’re saying to a degree but to say Boynton failed to understand he needed to be one of us is just not true.

Boynton has literally cried for this program. He has been an incredibly loyal supporter of Oklahoma State and has represented this university to a standard that makes a lot of us proud of him as a man.

His lack of success and this really boneheaded interview are where we depart from having his back. But I will never, ever say he’s been a poor supporter of Oklahoma State. He certainly is “one of us”.

No, I'm not wrong. We've lost conference games by an avg of 5 points. OSU has the youngest roster in the Big 12. Had NIL kept the mass exodus from occuring after the conclusion of last season, we'd be a much better team than we have now.. and it wouldn't be close.

I'm not understanding how people misinterpret my posts. I'm not defending Boynton, good lord. But he is right about NIL... sufficient NIL would've meant that most starters this year would not be starters.. they'd be bench riders.

I agree that Boynton isn't getting the job done and that's an understatement. But he is right tho. How do people not understand that he is right? The next coach will have the same damn problems with NIL and mass transfers unless OSU leadership gets serious about the basketball program.

It's a fallacy to compare OSU to any other program, such as Iowa State. What does Iowa State have anything to do with OSU's basketball program? Iowa State lucked out and won the transfer lottery. You have no idea how a team will perform with tons of transfers, so it's not like Iowa State's coach is Nastradamus or something. By sheer luck Iowa State won the transfer lottery. Iowa State is probably only one of a handful of teams tjat struck transfer gold.

Unless OSU leadership gets serious about NIL and the basketball program, OSU basketball will continue to fade away into obscurity. Either adapt to changes, or fall way behind. OSU leadership refuses to do what's necessary to give the basketball program a chance to succeed.

How do people not understand that? For the past 3 years, lack of NIL has destroyed the roster year after year. That will continue because OSU leadership doesn't give one damn thing about OSU basketball. It's only football theae days.

If Boynton had had success before NIL and could point directly to NIL as being his downfall, more people would probably be agreeing with you.

I know you’re not defending him outright, but can you not see how blaming NIL when he has a career record of .534 and a conference record of .417 is kind of a cop out?

He had all the pieces he needed with Cade and went 11-7 in conference play. He literally uses his ability to recruit Cade as his shining victory but did absolutely nothing with him.

I really wanted him to succeed and I still respect him, but the interview killed it for me.

Agreed we need to be better with NIL, but there’s no way we should invest it with him at the helm.

If Boynton had had success before NIL and could point directly to NIL as being his downfall, more people would probably be agreeing with you.

I know you’re not defending him outright, but can you not see how blaming NIL when he has a career record of .534 and a conference record of .417 is kind of a cop out?

He had all the pieces he needed with Cade and went 11-7 in conference play. He literally uses his ability to recruit Cade as his shining victory but did absolutely nothing with him.

I really wanted him to succeed and I still respect him, but the interview killed it for me.

Agreed we need to be better with NIL, but there’s no way we should invest it with him at the helm.
1708282234549.gif

I keep hearing lack of NIL being a problem but haven't seen the hard numbers of what schools are paying vs OSU. Boynton said we lost players to TCU because of NIL then I go look at the portal and TCU lost 5 players last year. Was it a NIL problem for TCU? Maybe we lose players because they don't have faith in the leadership.

Perfect

I keep hearing lack of NIL being a problem but haven't seen the hard numbers of what schools are paying vs OSU. Boynton said we lost players to TCU because of NIL then I go look at the portal and TCU lost 5 players last year. Was it a NIL problem for TCU? Maybe we lose players because they don't have faith in the leadership.
Agree, I would think playing for a winning program would be a large factor for a player to consider when deciding on schools.

Saturday did have a 2004 feel about it. Natialie Bobik was a Cool Chick once again.

She may never have spent a day when she wasn't a Cool Chick. We took our kids to a game in early '04, probably when students were still on break. After the game I took the kids down to wait outside the locker room to get a few autographs on their new OSU shirts. Natalie and her sister were there waiting also - and they were far cuter than they were on tv. Of course, my tv at the time was about 0.5K.

She may never have spent a day when she wasn't a Cool Chick. We took our kids to a game in early '04, probably when students were still on break. After the game I took the kids down to wait outside the locker room to get a few autographs on their new OSU shirts. Natalie and her sister were there waiting also - and they were far cuter than they were on tv. Of course, my tv at the time was about 0.5K.
From Facebook on Saturday.
4BB6EFA5-1D98-4CEF-9727-D37E7B9FFC50.jpeg

Back