WCWS

My question is why did Coach not try some things like drag bunting just to get some base runners? That pitcher was completely shutting us down and I would think after the fifth inning you might try some things like that just to get some base runners and try to get to their pitcher?

Went back and looked at the HR. Feel bad for Lexi because it was a drop ball that stayed up. The plate ump wasn't having anything to do with the bottom 6" to 8" of the strike zone and that's where Lexi feeds. She had to keep climbing the ladder to get strikes "called" and that one was just left too high. Florida learned early to lay off pitches down. I don't complain as much about inside/outside corners because every game may have different camera angles that can be deceiving on TV.

Florida's freshman pitcher just kept chewing up the high and inside edges and we bit time-after-time. We chased more garbage pitches than I could count and when we'd get a piece, they were just weak pop-ups. I'd say we should have had 5-6 more baserunners just on walks alone.

Agree with MustangPokeFan - why not try something different after the HR? The plate ump wasn't going anywhere (or change his zone), and it was up to the Cowgirls to chase Florida's starter from the game. We just kept chasing pitches high and inside.

Went back and looked at the HR. Feel bad for Lexi because it was a drop ball that stayed up. The plate ump wasn't having anything to do with the bottom 6" to 8" of the strike zone and that's where Lexi feeds. She had to keep climbing the ladder to get strikes "called" and that one was just left too high. Florida learned early to lay off pitches down. I don't complain as much about inside/outside corners because every game may have different camera angles that can be deceiving on TV.

Florida's freshman pitcher just kept chewing up the high and inside edges and we bit time-after-time. We chased more garbage pitches than I could count and when we'd get a piece, they were just weak pop-ups. I'd say we should have had 5-6 more baserunners just on walks alone.

Agree with MustangPokeFan - why not try something different after the HR? The plate ump wasn't going anywhere (or change his zone), and it was up to the Cowgirls to chase Florida's starter from the game. We just kept chasing pitches high and inside.
I think the microcosm of the whole night was Poullard's at bat to lead off the sixth. The pitcher tried to walk her, but she kept chasing that pitch that was high and inside. The same pitch that had killed is for 5 innings aleady. By that point in the game, the adjustment should have been made to lay off that pitch. She chased it on 2-1 and 3-2.

Either:

1) Kenny/Shippy didn't make the proper adjustments and just said keep swinging and we'll eventually get one

Or

2) the players didn't execute what they were told to do.

Regardless, it was a horrible time for that to happen. Rothrock pitched well, but we made her even better.

I think the microcosm of the whole night was Poullard's at bat to lead off the sixth. The pitcher tried to walk her, but she kept chasing that pitch that was high and inside. The same pitch that had killed is for 5 innings aleady. By that point in the game, the adjustment should have been made to lay off that pitch. She chased it on 2-1 and 3-2.

Either:

1) Kenny/Shippy didn't make the proper adjustments and just said keep swinging and we'll eventually get one

Or

2) the players didn't execute what they were told to do.

Regardless, it was a horrible time for that to happen. Rothrock pitched well, but we made her even better.

Not as high as I thought but looks like a ball off the plate inside. This probably came off the leather bat wrap it was so far inside.

1717179304888.png

Rothrock strike zone was slightly bigger than what Kilfoyl had

But we never made the right adjustments to get our bats going.

Lexi Kilfoyl grade is an A
Defense even with the error grade to an A
Hitting grade a person my argue that it should be an F but I’m raising it to a D on a grade curve

Ladies needs to do better tomorrow or we are going to be 2 and bbq(out).
You reference the strike zone, but you didn't grade it. I will... -F and that doesn't stand for fail!

You reference the strike zone, but you didn't grade it. I will... -F and that doesn't stand for fail!
True I didn’t…..eventhough the strike zone was larger against our batters….it was consistent all game that we should have made adjustments to get hits off of her. Whatever the reason, we done very poor job

Not ideal to have to face that Stanford pitcher in an elimination game. If we couldn’t hit that Florida pitcher I’m not sure what we’re gonna do against this girl. Do we put Rosenberry out there for this game?

Lexi holds Stanford scoreless in the first

B1
Poullard K's swinging on another bad pitch
Edwards grounds out to 2B
Wang pops out to SS. Chased two balls that weren't close.

B2
Godwin K's swinging
Rosie K's swinging on a pitch that her, and its absolutely the right call
Timm singles to CF, got jammed but fought it off
Wark flies out to RF

Back