What do you want to see different out of the bye week?

Dickey isn’t fired. Gundy hasn’t ever fired a coach mid season. Why would he start now?

Rumors swirl that Rangel is preparing to start. Don’t know what that means for Bowman, but Rangel is it expected to start.

Apparently Flores isn’t going to play this year but that he also isn’t expected to leave in the offseason. Personally, I don’t share this optimism, but I guess we’ll see.

Cody Stoval is nowhere near as plugged in to what’s happening as he thinks he is or wants people to believe. Same guy said two years ago that Gundy was being blackmailed by Dunn and that’s what he couldn’t pull the trigger to do anything with his continued employment. Dunn was running the program and Gundy was just on cruise control, wasn’t showing up to practice etc etc. Those are all direct quotes. Last week he was having a meltdown on twitter about the SID not giving him press credentials and they had “decided they wanted a a war.” Again direct quote.

Do I hope what he’s saying is true, sure. Do I believe any of it outside of Rangel moving to QB1, no.

Dickey isn’t fired. Gundy hasn’t ever fired a coach mid season. Why would he start now?

Rumors swirl that Rangel is preparing to start. Don’t know what that means for Bowman, but Rangel is it expected to start.

Apparently Flores isn’t going to play this year but that he also isn’t expected to leave in the offseason. Personally, I don’t share this optimism, but I guess we’ll see.
Cody Stoval is nowhere near as plugged in to what’s happening as he thinks he is or wants people to believe. Same guy said two years ago that Gundy was being blackmailed by Dunn and that’s what he couldn’t pull the trigger to do anything with his continued employment. Dunn was running the program and Gundy was just on cruise control, wasn’t showing up to practice etc etc. Those are all direct quotes. Last week he was having a meltdown on twitter about the SID not giving him press credentials and they had “decided they wanted a a war.” Again direct quote.

Do I hope what he’s saying is true, sure. Do I believe any of it outside of Rangel moving to QB1, no.

Thanks guys. It was surprising to hear him say that about Dickey. Not that I think it's a bad decision, just that I don't expect Gundy to actually do it.

I guess I'm also one of those pessimists who is nervous about Flores looking for greener pastures. We'll see. Hopefully he remains a poke.

Vs WV - 7 zone schemes and 8 Gap scheme.
Vs KSU (I stopped after 3rd Q) - 13 zone and 17 Gap.

I’m not disagreeing with you in that I think we need to be running even more gap scheme.

The biggest issue IMO is that our TE’s aren’t near as good as Josiah Johnson was for us last year. I think Ford is going to be really good but just a true freshmen. Pair that with very little creativity/adjustments by our OC, below average OL play and bad QB play and this is what we get.
I counted 8 zone, and 7 gap scheme in the WV game and 15 zone 18 gap in the full K State game! Sometimes I miss the G block movement with the gap scheme (used a bunch in the BIG)! Notice how much more successful we were in the K State game running in the first half than we were against an opponent last week that is good (WV) but isn’t K State good in my opinion! 🤔

Thanks guys. It was surprising to hear him say that about Dickey. Not that I think it's a bad decision, just that I don't expect Gundy to actually do it.

I guess I'm also one of those pessimists who is nervous about Flores looking for greener pastures. We'll see. Hopefully he remains a poke.
That doesn’t seem to be Gundys mode of operation, to fire a coach mid season! He usually waits until after the season has ended! I talked to someone who is tied in with the NIL stuff here at OSU last Saturday and he said the QBs apparently all have really good deals and that is why you probably won’t see anyone leave until after next spring when someone loses out and the new starter is named, if they name anyone at that time!!!🤔
If Flores were to leave, it would not be back to Nebraska as they have their future for the next three years in 5 star Raiola!!!

Gundy is not the kind to can someone midway through a season. Have some conversations been had about a transition plan, maybe. I hope so. Do I think it should be Zach Allen or McEndoo taking over? I don’t know, I’d prefer to go get a bonafide O line coach but I don’t know anything about those guys so maybe they are the answer.

QB needs new life and honestly, I think some of you will be surprised by Rangel given an equal shake. Guy has been in nothing but crap situations for two years. I do expect something’s to look very different at the end of the year.

By all accounts Zane Flores is very happy in Stillwater. Let’s can the “oh crap everyone is going to transfer” stuff until it happens.

So we what the heck is this? Fake news?

0dd5b80b34fbaecfb7e3a1461bf60d5b.jpg

Seems out of character for Gundy and extremely far fetched. Has Gundy ever made a coaching change mid-season, let alone 3-4 coaching changes and nuking a current player? I'm calling BS until I see it from a reputable source. Probably just a bunch of wannabe "media" trying to get clicks/follows.

won’t see anyone leave until after next spring when someone loses out and the new starter is named, if they name anyone at that time!!!🤔
Has Gundy ever named a starter out of spring practice who wasn't already established as the starter from the previous season. My prediction is that we'll know next year's starter right before game 1, not a day before then.

Gundy has never fired a coach mid-season. Not once in his 20 years as HC.

I'd also argue, however, that this the most directionless one of his teams has looked midseason. I don't know when we've ever looked worse, outside of maybe 2014 when we shifted from Garman to Rudolph after 4 losses in a row. That was also a relatively new coaching staff, with Yurcich in year 2, Connelly was in year 1 with the o-line, and across the entire defense, I believe Van Malone (CB coach) was the most experienced at 2 years on the staff. So I don't know, an argument could easily be that this team is worse just due to the consistency across the coaching staff. Maybe that's finally enough for Gundy to pull the trigger and do something that he hasn't done before.

As for Rangel- I stated last year that he should be the starter between the 3 QBs. I didn't see anything that disqualified him. Mechanically, he was the best QB we had. Processing speed was slow, and behind our God awful o-line, his relative immobility compared to Gundy was a limiting factor, but just pure QB skills, I thought he looked the best. Maybe with time to prepare as the dedicated starter, he will excel. I think Dunn's offense will limit him, but we have enough talent at receiver that maybe that will make up for it.

Hmmm, most of what he puts out is BS or already known publicly like Snyder being special teams coach and Rattay being QB Coach and I guess we will see who starts at QB next week! I will give him credit for being able to communicate in a lucid manner! He obviously hasn’t been hit in the head by a flying frozen tortilla by the Texas Tech faithful!!!

Has Gundy ever named a starter out of spring practice who wasn't already established as the starter from the previous season. My prediction is that we'll know next year's starter right before game 1, not a day before then.
Brandon Weeden in 2010, Wes Lunt in 2012 and I believe Corndog, Cornelius in 2018! Weeden and Corndog were the number 1 backup but not the ESTABLISHED STARTER from 2009 or 2017! Lunt was pretty much a Monken recruit and was basically annointed by Monken who pretty much had total control of the offense his two years here!!! If you want to dispute me BRING YOUR RECEIPTS!!!

Brandon Weeden in 2010, Wes Lunt in 2012 and I believe Corndog, Cornelius in 2018! Weeden and Corndog were the number 1 backup but not the ESTABLISHED STARTER from 2009 or 2017! Lunt was pretty much a Monken recruit and was basically annointed by Monken who pretty much had total control of the offense his two years here!!! If you want to dispute me BRING YOUR RECEIPTS!!!
Sorry, I only keep receipts going back 7 years. I'll just have to take your word for it.

Why does this sound 180 from the previous one in regards to coaching. The comments on the video even bring this up. The tone is completely different like someone told them to change their attitude or is it just the emotion has worn off?

Why does this sound 180 from the previous one in regards to coaching. The comments on the video even bring this up. The tone is completely different like someone told them to change their attitude or is it just the emotion has worn off?
Casey and many of his guests seem to be unrelenting Gundy supporters, and the emotion has worn off, so you're seeing more of that. Personally, I see no reason to place such faith in Gundy. They bring up their faith in him to turn it around based on past seasons, but what most of us are upset about is the fact that he has to turn it around in the first place. Its a neat trick that he can turn things around miraculously after multiple losses in a row to mediocre teams. Its simultaneously appalling that a top 15 paid coach has to make such a miraculous turnaround after multiple losses in a row to mediocre teams. We will NEVER move beyond this era of Cowboy football until Gundy elevates his own approach, which we know isn't going to happen.

Back