What do you want to see different out of the bye week?

Gundy is about as bad as Dunn when it comes to calling plays. His poor play calling was the impetus for hiring Holgerson in the first place.
You don’t remember Missouri in 2008. Gundy was pretty good and inventive.

If you think that the collectives are determining the player value, I’ve got some oceanfront property in Tuttle to sell you.

Read the rules.

Also, read the court decision. NIL is the student-athlete getting paid for the use of the name, image, and likeness. The court decision does not allow of paying the players directly for playing.

The NIL contracts are between the student-athlete and the sponsor. The school is not a party to the contracts.

Read the rules.

Also, read the court decision. NIL is the student-athlete getting paid for the use of the name, image, and likeness. The court decision does not allow of paying the players directly for playing.

The NIL contracts are between the student-athlete and the sponsor. The school is not a party to the contracts.
Are they really rules when no one exists to enforce them?

This is an interesting YouTube. Don’t know anything about the two speakers but I thought was well thought out answers

If this has already been posted my apologies
The host was a member on OP, and I think is still here on the new site. Gives really good insight, and has some interesting guests (former players, etc...).

Remember 1988. We had a bad defense that season but then completely shut down a pretty good offense in the holiday bowl. I remember it being said during that game that our coaches really simplified the defense in the practices leading up to the game.

I'd like to see that because whatever this defense has our players doing, or trying to do, is obviously not working. Just wind them up and set them loose... can't be any worse.
It is weird that we take the stance of having one offense and coordinators have to adapt to that, but the one time in 20 years we've had an elite defense we didn't make the new coordinators do that same thing.

The problem is that we're just not getting consistency. Last year was always going to be tough with a new coordinator and switching to a new scheme. Then we lost some critical players from last year's team (Benson, Goodlow, McKinney) in the offseason. Then we lost more key players as the season has gone along (Wright, Oliver, and Martin) which has necessitated playing newer players at crucial roles for the 3-3-5. Even though our secondary is mostly intact, these guys can't cover for forever, and every defensive scheme is going to have a hole somewhere. When we can't generate a consistent pass rush, or we have inexperienced linebackers who are out of position, we're going to give up a lot of yards which will make our DBs look bad.

Honestly, I don't care if we keep Nardo around or not. We have bigger problems on the offensive side of the ball. Outside of one year with Knowles, we haven't had a great defense here in my lifetime. I have also said before that it's tough to provide an honest assessment of the defense when your offense is as spectacularly terrible as ours has been. People are still going to box score evaluate and spout their opinions, and that's fine, whatever. I'm not sure that I've seen anything from Nardo at this point that shows he has potential, though I do think the 3-3-5 can work. I just don't think people should be making meaningful conclusions of the defense at this point. We have got to fix the offense first. Then let's look at the defense and go from there.
I agree that the offense is putrid. The fact that the defense can't get off the field is completely unacceptable. The time of possession disparity has to be equally shared by the defense. West virginia got the ball with 8:30 left in the game and we never got the off the field. Yes the penalty was dumb and was a huge contributing factor, but not being able to get off the field and give another opportunity to assess Rangel really hurt.

It is weird that we take the stance of having one offense and coordinators have to adapt to that, but the one time in 20 years we've had an elite defense we didn't make the new coordinators do that same thing.
We also adapted when Holgorsen arrived, and look what happened directly after that. The problem is, we eventually hired unqualified coordinators to run that offense, then simplified it to oblivion, and then never adapted beyond that.

I agree that the offense is putrid. The fact that the defense can't get off the field is completely unacceptable. The time of possession disparity has to be equally shared by the defense. West virginia got the ball with 8:30 left in the game and we never got the off the field. Yes the penalty was dumb and was a huge contributing factor, but not being able to get off the field and give another opportunity to assess Rangel really hurt.
To summarize: we had everyone returning, expected to challenge for a conference title and playoff berth, but we are worse than last year.

I heard all of the off-season talk on Sirius and other places and thought‘how are they only talking about Utah & Kstate & virtually nothing about OSU???’

Well, now I know.

Back