What do you want to see different out of the bye week?

Rangel has had spot duty so far in his career, now he gets his full tryout to see if he can perform at this level or not. I don’t have high hopes but maybe we’ll be pleasantly surprised. There’s been rumbling from some folks, and I think he probably feels the same, that he’s not really gotten a fair shake. Well now’s his time, no excuses. Sure the season hasn’t gone well but he’s still playing with a veteran Oline that doesn’t give up many sacks, really good/experienced receivers and a superstar running back. The OC still stinks but pretty solid opportunity to show what you’ve got.

Rangel has had spot duty so far in his career, now he gets his full tryout to see if he can perform at this level or not. I don’t have high hopes but maybe we’ll be pleasantly surprised. There’s been rumbling from some folks, and I think he probably feels the same, that he’s not really gotten a fair shake. Well now’s his time, no excuses. Sure the season hasn’t gone well but he’s still playing with a veteran Oline that doesn’t give up many sacks, really good/experienced receivers and a superstar running back. The OC still stinks but pretty solid opportunity to show what you’ve got.
I agree with a lot of this. Not sure what would be considered acceptable #'s. In Big 12 play our veteran QB completes about 50% with 4 TDs and 6 INTs. The superstar RB has a 4.3 ypg average in Big 12 play.

Still if TDs are greater than or equal to INT's and he completes close to 60% tonight then I'll consider it a positive.

When Rangel said he was going to let it all hang out, I quickly envisioned Wes Lunt against Arizona in one of his early starts. It wasn’t pretty. Then again our OC won’t open the offense up like Monken did.

He started a bowl game and it was a disaster

He started a bowl game and it was a disaster
He was a true freshman in an impossible situation.
Same board says HCMG won’t play freshman and then holds the Wisconsin game against Rangel.

I don’t know what he’s going to do. I’ve seen things that looked like “yeah he may have it.” Followed up with the opposite. However, we have a change which is what most of us wanted. We also know that no one has seen the two guys behind him so penalizing Rangel in limited duty in BS situations while calling for two more freshmen that haven’t taken a college snap seems questionable at best.

Regardless it’s still Dunn and Dickey in charge, not sure Tom Brady in his prime could help us with those two.

Same board says HCMG won’t play freshman and then holds the Wisconsin game against Rangel.

I don’t know what he’s going to do. I’ve seen things that looked like “yeah he may have it.” Followed up with the opposite. However, we have a change which is what most of us wanted. We also know that no one has seen the two guys behind him so penalizing Rangel in limited duty in BS situations while calling for two more freshmen that haven’t taken a college snap seems questionable at best.

Regardless it’s still Dunn and Dickey in charge, not sure Tom Brady in his prime could help us with those two.
I'm not sure where we are going here?

When Rangel said he was going to let it all hang out, I quickly envisioned Wes Lunt against Arizona in one of his early starts. It wasn’t pretty. Then again our OC won’t open the offense up like Monken did.
No please, not Lunt against Arizona! He threw three or four picks including TWO returned for pick 6s! We had an early 14-0 lead then ended up losing 59-38! 🤔

I will say you make the very prescient (like that big word) point that it is now Rangel, Bowman and Maeli Smith as your options because Joe Montana and Tom Brady ain’t coming out of the OSU locker room tonight! Just have to see how things play out tonight! I DON’T expect anything but a LOSS but let’s see if their is any improvement!!! 🤔

Back