What do you want to see different out of the bye week?

I agree that the offense is putrid. The fact that the defense can't get off the field is completely unacceptable. The time of possession disparity has to be equally shared by the defense. West virginia got the ball with 8:30 left in the game and we never got the off the field. Yes the penalty was dumb and was a huge contributing factor, but not being able to get off the field and give another opportunity to assess Rangel really hurt.
The penalty was THE contributing factor to not getting off the field, not ‘a’ factor. 😂

It is weird that we take the stance of having one offense and coordinators have to adapt to that, but the one time in 20 years we've had an elite defense we didn't make the new coordinators do that same thing.
Pretty sure Mason had to do that a couple years ago when he came in after Knowles. But it didn't keep after that.

The penalty was THE contributing factor to not getting off the field, not ‘a’ factor. 😂
I was watching the TV replay and saw what West Virginia was doing on offense and about 80% of their blocking schemes are GAP SCHEME BECAUSE OF THEIR EMPHASIS ONBA STRONG RUNNING GAME! I am literally begging our Coaches to implement that at least 50% of the time because I believe it fits our type of offensive lineman better! West Virginia hit us for 389 yards rushing!!! 🤢

It's funny because it's bigger than a normal hat.
We Got This Yes GIF by Disney Channel

I was watching the TV replay and saw what West Virginia was doing on offense and about 80% of their blocking schemes are GAP SCHEME BECAUSE OF THEIR EMPHASIS ONBA STRONG RUNNING GAME! I am literally begging our Coaches to implement that at least 50% of the time because I believe it fits our type of offensive lineman better! West Virginia hit us for 389 yards rushing!!! 🤢
It’s all about balance my dude. Work-Life balance, Run-Pass balance, Win-Loss balance.

It was a huge factor, no doubt. However, they converted two other 3rd downs on the drive, one before the punt and one after. If we stop either of those we get a chance to get the ball back with time on the clock for another drive. We had essentially 3 opportunities to get the ball back, and we blew all 3, one with a penalty and two with our inability to stop them.

We do run a lot of gap scheme. Mostly GT and GH Counter.

We do run a lot of gap scheme. Mostly GT and GH Counter.
We have run less gap as the season has gone on. Despite zone blocking not being a strength of our OL in several years.

Jaylen Warren being the exception, as he thrived in a zone scheme due to his patience, vision and shiftiness.

Not lately, it has been f****** zone!!!
Vs WV - 7 zone schemes and 8 Gap scheme.
Vs KSU (I stopped after 3rd Q) - 13 zone and 17 Gap.

I’m not disagreeing with you in that I think we need to be running even more gap scheme.

The biggest issue IMO is that our TE’s aren’t near as good as Josiah Johnson was for us last year. I think Ford is going to be really good but just a true freshmen. Pair that with very little creativity/adjustments by our OC, below average OL play and bad QB play and this is what we get.

Last edited:
Back