2024 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oline is the least of my worries--they're going to be good, and we've now got some quality depth. Defense is the concern. We did not get any better over the course of last season. Continued to get shredded downfield, guys out of position. We'd better get that fixed--I hope Nardo can get it done. Also not much LB depth--absolutely cannot afford any injuries at that position. If we're much improved on that side of the ball, we should contend.

Oline is the least of my worries--they're going to be good, and we've now got some quality depth. Defense is the concern. We did not get any better over the course of last season. Continued to get shredded downfield, guys out of position. We'd better get that fixed--I hope Nardo can get it done. Also not much LB depth--absolutely cannot afford any injuries at that position. If we're much improved on that side of the ball, we should contend.
Nardo has said that he will use some other defensive sets to better matchup against the offenses.

I think again using Oliver more as a pass rusher and moving Daniels up to a LB/S hybrid will actually improve our coverage on the back end. Having faster/quicker guys on the back end and not giving QBs time to wait for receivers to work open should improve our defense.

This! Daniels is a great player but, seemed like he was always a step behind every play he was covering someone. Getting Oliver on the line and Daniels will likely do as you said OSU79 and i am 100% for it!

Daniels will suit much better in that hybrid role. When they rolled him down post snap to come down into the curl/flat area closer to the line of scrimmage he looked much more comfortable. I expect the defense to make good improvements, just don’t expect the Knowles 2021 defense just yet. I do think Nardo can get us to being a solid defense consistently. Hes young, motivated, knowledgeable and relates well with young kids.

I really believe we put this line up out there on defense and we see significant improvement:

DE- Collin Oliver
DT- Collin Clay
DT- Justin Kirkland
DE- Obi Ezeigbo
LB- Kendall Daniels
LB- Nick Martin
LB- Justin Wright
CB- Korie Black
CB- Cam Smith
S- Trey Rucker
S- Kobe Hylton

Atleast on 3rd down