2024 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would not Suprise me at all if we are playing ISU in Arlington. KSU and Utah are being hyper inflated over flashy QBs not because they have proven rosters. The older teams just win in this league.
Schedules are a bigger factor than their QB's I think.

Tough ask to get Utah and Kstate back to back (one on the road, one at home.) Iowa State has to go back to back with them at the end of the year (one on the road, one at home.)

Kstate and uu don't play one another in the regular season. Throw in a sneaky WVU team (Iowa State gets them too) or a visit from Tech before Thanksgiving (ISU gets them too) and the schedule could have some blemishes when it's all said and done.

Schedules are a bigger factor than their QB's I think.

Tough ask to get Utah and Kstate back to back (one on the road, one at home.) Iowa State has to go back to back with them at the end of the year (one on the road, one at home.)

Kstate and uu don't play one another in the regular season. Throw in a sneaky WVU team (Iowa State gets them too) or a visit from Tech before Thanksgiving (ISU gets them too) and the schedule could have some blemishes when it's all said and done.

We also don't play KU or ISU who will both be top half of the league next year....probably even above Utah and KSU. And no UCF.

Utah went 7-5 last year lost a chunk of their roster and are projected a #10 team because they return a QB off a knee injury.

KSU returns less than most in the league but are projected # two....why? It's because everyone is hype about Avery Johnson and his 56% and 480 yard 2023 campaign.

Big 12 protections have been way off for a few years now because folks flat out pay no attention. Hell Iowa state beat us last year, beat KSU (and finished ahead of them) return the most out of any team in the country and we are thinking we got a poor shake cause we get KSU and not them?

I actually really like our schedule.

We also don't play KU or ISU who will both be top half of the league next year....probably even above Utah and KSU. And no UCF.

Utah went 7-5 last year lost a chunk of their roster and are projected a #10 team because they return a QB off a knee injury.

KSU returns less than most in the league but are projected # two....why? It's because everyone is hype about Avery Johnson and his 56% and 480 yard 2023 campaign.

Big 12 protections have been way off for a few years now because folks flat out pay no attention. Hell Iowa state beat us last year, beat KSU (and finished ahead of them) return the most out of any team in the country and we are thinking we got a poor shake cause we get KSU and not them?

Theory: ChatGPT

Yeah that’s a long winded reply to “I think schedules are a biggest factor than QB’s” To then go on and point out the potential fallacy in their QB situations.😂

Yup, K State lost four offensive line starters that each started between 25 and 35 games over the past three seasons, including two who were drafted in this past NFL Draft!!! We, OSU, is in much the same position with starting o line experience this upcoming season!!! I agree with a previous commenter on this thread that it very well could be OSU vs Iowa State in Dallas in early December! Interesting that we don’t play them in the regular season cycle this year!!! 🤔

Yeah that’s a long winded reply to “I think schedules are a biggest factor than QB’s” To then go on and point out the potential fallacy in their QB situations.😂

The two are very tied together. People consider OSU to have a tough schedule as we drew both KSU and Utah (Projected #1 and #2). I think both of those teams are projected that high based almost entirely on Preseason QB hype. I don't think our schedule is tough at all.

So, we have, according to On3, the #5 offensive line and the #5 linebacking core, but we're only going to win 7.5 games??? The rest of our team must suck. LOL

I can't wait to see the top 10 lists for Runningbacks and Receivers.

So, we have, according to On3, the #5 offensive line and the #5 linebacking core, but we're only going to win 7.5 games??? The rest of our team must suck. LOL

I can't wait to see the top 10 lists for Runningbacks and Receivers.
Pretty sure the RB list already posted. We were not on it. Understandably so since anyone behind OGIII is a bit of a mystery.

The two are very tied together. People consider OSU to have a tough schedule as we drew both KSU and Utah (Projected #1 and #2). I think both of those teams are projected that high based almost entirely on Preseason QB hype. I don't think our schedule is tough at all.
My only pushback on Utah is I think what you're seeing in their ranking is equity based on years of success. I felt like we benefitted from the same thing at times over the last couple of seasons where I didn't think we were as good as our ranking, but based on years of success under Gundy and how the polls work I'll take it every time. Lord knows plenty of programs benefit from this every season, particularly if they're in the two conferences destroying the landscape of college athletics.

One Ollie >>> Two from any other team

Totally agree, but I'd love it if he didn’t have > 30 carries in any game this year (25 or less would be even better). It would probably mean fewer yards, but less wear/tear on him would be a good thing, even if it cost him some honors.

Totally agree, but I'd love it if he didn’t have > 30 carries in any game this year (25 or less would be even better). It would probably mean fewer yards, but less wear/tear on him would be a good thing, even if it cost him some honors.
I expect someone to emerge from the group behind Ollie. Sesi showed some promise and with an extra year could be a solid #2 (insert poop joke here)

I agree 20 ish touches a game would be a good number for Ollie.

My only pushback on Utah is I think what you're seeing in their ranking is equity based on years of success. I felt like we benefitted from the same thing at times over the last couple of seasons where I didn't think we were as good as our ranking, but based on years of success under Gundy and how the polls work I'll take it every time. Lord knows plenty of programs benefit from this every season, particularly if they're in the two conferences destroying the landscape of college athletics.

Sure. However I cannot name a time we have ever finished 8-5 and unranked only to start the next season Ranked in the Top 10, conference favorites, with a 9.5 over/under. Our preseason projections always seem to fall at or below our previous seasons success rate.

I expect someone to emerge from the group behind Ollie. Sesi showed some promise and with an extra year could be a solid #2 (insert poop joke here)

I agree 20 ish touches a game would be a good number for Ollie.

I think we will find out early as I see us saving Ollie for conference just like we did last year at least against S Dakota st and Tulsa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back