2024 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I met Austin Kawecki last week, super impressive young man. Very personable, polite, excited to talk Cowboy football with a random stranger/fan like me. Jaden Nixon and Garrett Rangel were the same in my interactions with them, so is Brennan.

I am sure there are lots of programs out there that turn out great young men but when Gundy talks culture, I’ve seen it firsthand with multiple players of his. They tend to walk to the talk.

If this OL group is as good as those groups, we’ll be looking at Big 12 champion and a playoff win, if the defense comes along like we all expect.
The OL still has to prove it. I think a lot of the “hype” is based on returning starts, age etc. we all know the backstory more than the average pundit that didn’t watch much.

QB play will be better if they’re better. I’m not sold yet but Glass and Cooper at tackle from jump street as opposed to Springfield and Birmingham gives me hope.

I love Jake and Cole and they’ll have a role but the tackles will be better from day 1 compared to last year.

The OL still has to prove it. I think a lot of the “hype” is based on returning starts, age etc. we all know the backstory more than the average pundit that didn’t watch much.

QB play will be better if they’re better. I’m not sold yet but Glass and Cooper at tackle from jump street as opposed to Springfield and Birmingham gives me hope.

I love Jake and Cole and they’ll have a role but the tackles will be better from day 1 compared to last year.
And the doak walker

UCF game issues was due more to rainy conditions. The weather wouldn’t allow us to have a passing game. Yes our defense got gashed but I think if we could have scored more that we could have been in that game.

South Alabama game… we didn’t run Ollie at all and had the terrible 3QB rotation.

The Texas game seemed like we had a bad strategy game. Not saying we would have won, but we would have faired better had we used Ollie as a decoy. We should have used the passing game to set up the run.

When we face teams that have elite lines and secondaries, we have to use misdirection and use our best players as decoys. We can’t just run into the head of a good line and just assume we are going to be successful.

Agreed. Glass at left tackle will be the biggest advantage to making us better. I think we had a lot of guys not playing their natural tackle position last year due to depth.

Agreed. Glass at left tackle will be the biggest advantage to making us better. I think we had a lot of guys not playing their natural tackle position last year due to depth.
I think Glass will be at RT. Have you seen it listed the other way? Cooper was infinitely better when they moved him to the left side as opposed to right. Just curious. Good problem to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back