2024 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
3-3-5 puts more pressure on the play caller to be effective. We don't know yet if Nardo has the capability to make a positive difference in that regard, but that's the gig if you're coaching that scheme. Its also less effective against a team that can push you around for 4+ ypc running simple, quick runs into the LOS, but that'll mainly impact us if we get outside the Big 12.

That said, the 3-3-5 is a valid strategy if you wanna reduce the pressure on recruiting more imposing DL. Oddly enough, we've seemed to do ok getting those guys on campus over the years, but maybe the worry is that we can't get them at a high enough rate to maintain depth OR it just eats a lot of recruiting resources to land each one.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see if Nardo has grown as a play caller in his second season.
Nardo needs to be more ready at the start of the game, he adjusts just fine

2024... ugh

I remember when tv was free but we only got 2 channels.

Episode 5 Nbc GIF by One Chicago

Sorry didn’t know I had to purchase PPV as a college football fan to get generic things like interviews

YouTube.

Tulsa World has a whole OSU spring football video playlist. That's just one example. But YouTube is the best place to go for what you're talking about if you don't want to pay for OSUMax. Which you should because it's fantastic.

Interesting. Now what entity will represent the asset? Is it the school or the Agent of the accused? I think the school gets a pass. The NIL Agent Dogs should handle All the expense, answers to the media, lawyers et al. The University and Gundy should refer all interference to the Agent. Oh, Unless Barry Switzer is for hire, if so, hire him and no one will remember if he's defending OG, Mussolini, or a criminal element on the teams he coached in the 70s, 80's. He has good run-on stories...

I love having two big power backs. That is not the norm for OSU. I have wondered over the years why we have not recruited a couple of bigger backs. That power running can wear down some defenses. With defenses using smaller quicker linemen and linebackers I see larger backs being productive. I believe it was Charles Crawford who was a bigger back for us that showed some flashes.

I’m actually very excited about our RB group. It sucks that Green went down but I think Ollie, Howland and Vailahi will be a really good trio. I was very impressed with Valiahi in the Big 12 champ game. He looked calm and comfortable, as if the moment wasn’t too big for him. I think a huge key to our season is keeping Ollie fresh for the long haul, which I think those two backs can do. I might be crazy but I think this offense has the potential to be extremely explosive, like on par with Rudolph/Hill/Washington. The OL experience is going to be massive for us and that is debatably the most crucial group in football. This should allow Dunn to be a bit more creative (when needed). Can’t wait for this season!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back