Time to throw the house at UT

Screw the sink.

All men on deck we need to absolutely throw everything at them. I want to see the buzzsaw and heads buzzin!

Time for the pokes to play a complete game. Gundy needs to bring a great offensive game.
Time to make adjustments every quarter and not at half time.

This is a big game let’s bring the hammer!!! Let’s go!!!

Screw the sink.

All men on deck we need to absolutely throw everything at them. I want to see the buzzsaw and heads buzzin!

Time for the pokes to play a complete game. Gundy needs to bring a great offensive game.
Time to make adjustments every quarter and not at half time.

This is a big game let’s bring the hammer!!! Let’s go!!!
Not disagreeing, but (checks notes):
Gundy still head coach = game plan, dont stray from game plan, business...dis is business...

Unless he awakens "Castleman" Gundy... chrome confetti for all!!!

They have one loss - to a team we beat. They have multiple close games - just like we do.

They are not a giant - haven't been one for decades.

They are deeper than us, most definitely healthier than us, and have more talent.

On paper, we lose, and maybe lose big. But - the game has to be played on grass.

We have exceeded the preseason expectations. Texas needs to have a poor performance. We need to have a very strong performance. It happens. OSU wins!! Cowboys end the Longhorn drive at the stockyard.

No matter what happens this team is one that
most long term Cowboy fans will remember with a measurable amount of satisfaction.

Bowman needs to have his A game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

He needs to make good quick reads with good field vision, get the ball frequently to Presley, as well as Owens and Johnson. If he can do that effectively, Ollie will run wild! Our defense is not going to shut down the Longhorn offense, but they need to get a few key stops and get some turnovers to go with those stops. It will be critical to get pressure on Ewers. If he can stand back there with no duress looking for receivers it will be a long day.

They have a great run defense. We're going to have to throw the ball well to have any chance.
Yes, and their pass defense is below average. Seems like we are going to need to see the ou gameplan again. Texas is so talented up from they probably won’t even load the box but we’ll see. Tahj Brooks from TT was the 4th leading rusher in the country and had 70 in the first half, but then they got down and made the Tech offense one dimensional.

I’m much more concerned about our D. They are very balanced. Even without Brooks they have very good RBs with Baxter and Blue. And Ewers has a ton of receivers to throw to. Nardo will need to study what ISU did as they probably most successfully slowed them down. With Texas leaving the B12, maybe Campbell and Heacock can loan us their game plan…Ha!

They are deeper than us, most definitely healthier than us, and have more talent.
I wouldn’t say healthier. Their starting RB, Brooks, was lost for the season and he is a stud. Baxter their backup got dinged against Tech and went out in the 3rd. Their best CB Watts went out against Tech on the first play. Both Worthy the WR and Sanders the TE who are two of their stars have played but been hobbled for weeks now. Both went out against Tech but returned to the game. They are beat up too, but certainly have more depth to cover those injuries.

The whorns will watch game film and realize an 8 man box is necessary to slow the Ollie attack. He is a man playing with boys to this point. Maybe the whorns are special, but if they don’t stack the box it could be a 300 yard day

Anyone complaining about Ticket prices at BPS, go get some tickets to Jerry's joint, that aren't nosebleed. Wow, my wife and I will go, made sure to buy on the "Visitors" side of the stadium. But 2 barely decent seats (with fees) ~ $700 per seat. Anyway were making a trip out of it. 2 nights, decent restaurant reservation of Friday. Saturday we'll see about chow after the Victory. Hope some Pokes will join us, would hate all ut-sec there.

No kidding. Why do we always get shredded in the first half? Seems like watching film all week he would have the guys ready to go at kickoff.
I honestly think Gundy wants vanilla on both sides of the ball in the first half of most games so he has time to make complicated adjustments at half time. I wish we had someone who could make adjustments on the fly.

The whorns will watch game film and realize an 8 man box is necessary to slow the Ollie attack. He is a man playing with boys to this point. Maybe the whorns are special, but if they don’t stack the box it could be a 300 yard day
My guess is Texas will believe their interior DL can take care of the run. They’ll start the game playing the safeties back and trusting their big boys to slow down Ollie. If they’re able to do that, we’ll be in for a long day. Have to force them to play a safety down and then attack through the air. Keep our balance, we’ve done a tremendous job of this for the most part starting with the K State game. Boils down to we have to take what they give us and make plays to force them to adjust, then attack what they give us again. We can beat these guys, just have to make plays, be balanced and play smart.

My guess is Texas will believe their interior DL can take care of the run. They’ll start the game playing the safeties back and trusting their big boys to slow down Ollie. If they’re able to do that, we’ll be in for a long day. Have to force them to play a safety down and then attack through the air. Keep our balance, we’ve done a tremendous job of this for the most part starting with the K State game. Boils down to we have to take what they give us and make plays to force them to adjust, then attack what they give us again. We can beat these guys, just have to make plays, be balanced and play smart.
Agree that balance is critical. Passing opens up running. Running opens up passing. Also I’d like to see Bowman run the ball occasionally. There needs to be a glimmer of a QB run threat. I like quick hitting counter action plays. Defenses over commit to first movement more times than not. Blitz more and throw the tricks at them. Go Pokes! Dehorn Texas!

Step 1 to not allowing them to stop our run game with just interior linemen is to not run solely HB Dives at the A and B gaps every play. Looking at you, KASEY DUNN!

Feels like a game where we need the pass to open up the run. UT can be had in the secondary if we protect Bowman. They're great at rushing the passer, but not so great in the secondary.

Absolutely have to get 7 and not 3 when we have the chance as I don't see us holding them below 30 points.

Step 1 to not allowing them to stop our run game with just interior linemen is to not run solely HB Dives at the A and B gaps every play. Looking at you, KASEY DUNN!
We do not run HB dive. We run inside zone, outside zone (both with insert) and counter (both GT and GH). Just because you guys see “a run up the middle” for no gain a handful of times, does not mean to give up on our inside zone. The other team has a game plan and good players too. Ollie and the OL have proven time and time again, just keep at it and it will start hitting eventually.

Back