Orange Power Tailgate - First BYU edition - last tailgate of 2023

Pokes28

When - Saturday November 25 - Lots open at 8 AM - kickoff at 2:30 PM
Where - South side of Ag Hall

1692988436234.png

Everybody is invited to join us at the Orange Power Tailgate for the first time hosting BYU. Always fun to bring in new blood.

For this one it is currently looking to be a good cool fall day (as of this writing, it is supposed to be 40 degrees and cloudy). So we are going to chili and soups, etc. Should be a pretty good thing to eat before going to hopefully cheer our team into the conference championship game.
We tend to eat about 2 hours before kick. So expect food to be served between noon and 12:30.

BYU fans. we would love to have you come by and join us. You will likely be offered food, drink, and conversation from some of the nicest people you will ever meet. A good rule of thumb is that as long as you don't act like a Sooner (or from what we can see on X - a Utah fan), you'll be treated like gold pretty much all over campus.

For anybody that has never come by before. This is a BYOD tailgate. This tailgate is 100% ran off of donations. We keep costs as low as possible and donate anything above those costs. - Update - we are approximately $450 net positive at the half way mark. Keep up the donations so we can get our donation level back up.

We have 400 sq foot of tent shade, a good TV setup, etc. As of last year, this is no longer a Posse lot. which means it is first come first parked for free.

**EDIT** I had left the part about not getting there to watch PL matches on my post. That is incorrect. This Saturday is Manchester City (my team) versus Liverpool (@CowboyJD) which starts at 6:30 AM. We will be there, with the TV on and everything rolling (hopefully) by that time. I should be able to bring a heater and the tent sides to try and generate some warmth at least until it gets above freezing. I would love to have others come join in on the crazy.

Last edited:

1692988436234.png

Everybody is invited to join us at the Orange Power Tailgate for the first time hosting BYU. Always fun to bring in new blood.

For this one it is currently looking to be a good cool fall day (as of this writing, it is supposed to be 40 degrees and cloudy). So we are going to chili and soups, etc. Should be a pretty good thing to eat before going to hopefully cheer our team into the conference championship game.
We tend to eat about 2 hours before kick. So expect food to be served between noon and 12:30.

BYU fans. we would love to have you come by and join us. You will likely be offered food, drink, and conversation from some of the nicest people you will ever meet. A good rule of thumb is that as long as you don't act like a Sooner (or from what we can see on X - a Utah fan), you'll be treated like gold pretty much all over campus.

For anybody that has never come by before. This is a BYOD tailgate. This tailgate is 100% ran off of donations. We keep costs as low as possible and donate anything above those costs. - Update - we are approximately $450 net positive at the half way mark. Keep up the donations so we can get our donation level back up.

We have 400 sq foot of tent shade, a good TV setup, etc. As of last year, this is no longer a Posse lot. which means it is first come first parked for free.

**EDIT** I had left the part about not getting there to watch PL matches on my post. That is incorrect. This Saturday is Manchester City (my team) versus Liverpool (@CowboyJD) which starts at 6:30 AM. We will be there, with the TV on and everything rolling (hopefully) by that time. I should be able to bring a heater and the tent sides to try and generate some warmth at least until it gets above freezing. I would love to have others come join in on the crazy.
Enjoyed meeting y'all (again :cool: ) and listening in on some interesting and entertaining conversations. Thanks for the refreshment and will likely stop by again next season! It's a nice setup and I would have stayed if not already committed to join in across campus. Also, I did not come back after the game because I just wanted to be somewhere WARM & DRY, so I made a beeline for the office to wait for traffic to clear. Cheers!

Enjoyed meeting y'all (again :cool: ) and listening in on some interesting and entertaining conversations. Thanks for the refreshment and will likely stop by again next season! It's a nice setup and I would have stayed if not already committed to join in across campus. Also, I did not come back after the game because I just wanted to be somewhere WARM & DRY, so I made a beeline for the office to wait for traffic to clear. Cheers!
Everyone was gone by the time I got back to the car at that tailgate.

1692988436234.png

Thanks again for another fun year David!!! đź‘Ť

It was good to meet you. It was an interesting day, that is for certain. The weather wasn't great and so a lot of folks showed up late, etc. Next year, make sure you come earlier in the season when we aren't trying to stay warm and dry. :)

Back