Orange Power Tailgate - Final Bedlam Edition

Pokes28

When - Saturday November 4 - Lots open at 8 AM - kickoff at 2:30 PM
Where - South side of Ag Hall

1692988436234.png

Everybody is invited to join us at the Orange Power Tailgate for the final home Bedlam. One good thing about last week's weather and cancellation of the tailgate is that I didn't have to worry about what to make for this week's tailgate.

Pulled Pork
Corn Soufflé
and more sides TBD
We tend to eat about 2 hours before kick. So expect food to be served around 12:30.

We are also going to have a poor man's rendition of the Intoxicologist's mini-bar for this game. The menu for this is currently unknown.

Visiting fans. we would love to have you come by and join us. You will likely be offered food, drink, and conversation from some of the nicest people you will ever meet. A good rule of thumb is that as long as you aren't a typical Sooner jerk, you'll be treated like gold pretty much all over campus.

For anybody that has never come by before. This is a BYOD tailgate. This tailgate is 100% ran off of donations. We keep costs as low as possible and donate anything above those costs. - Update - we are approximately $300 net positive at the half way mark. Keep up the donations so we can get our donation level back up.

We have 400 sq foot of tent shade, a good TV setup, etc. As of last year, this is no longer a Posse lot. which means it is first come first parked for free.

If possible, we start with tailgating futbol before we tailgate football. Next weekend is a Premier League weekend, but none of the teams followed by those of us that show up early to watch are playing. I imagine we will be 100% focused on NCAA football on Saturday.

Rumor has it that we will also have several player family members coming by the tailgate. So come early and stay late. :)

Will anyone be there during or after the game?
Asking for a friend...
Since they changed it so we can't re-enter the game, there hasn't been much call for the TV to be up during the game. After the game, we always come back (that is where we have victory beers).

Since they changed it so we can't re-enter the game, there hasn't been much call for the TV to be up during the game. After the game, we always come back (that is where we have victory beers).
Kk. I will be flying back into Stillwater about 2p from a conference. I didnt get a ticket because my schedule for said conf was previously unknown. Just evaluating my options. There's always Georgex or Iron Monk....and stop by after

I would suggest that any/all of you show up early this Saturday. We have a good chance of having family members of players stop by. Also some former players may be stopping by as well. Get there early, drink heavily and cheer on the Cowboys.

The mini-bar is coming into focus: We will have the following shots.
The first three were staples from the Intoxicologist.
Sooner Bitch Slap
Purple Panty Droppers
Cowboy Victory Shots
+ 1 new drink that we will name on Saturday.

We will also have some other random and not so random things:
Bloody Mary bar in the morning
We'll also have some other things that can be drank or mixed.

Then after the game, there is a decent chance (details not completed yet) that the Locked on Oklahoma State podcast could be transmitting from the tailgate area. So after we win, come back, enjoy some victory beers and start the party anew.

I would suggest that any/all of you show up early this Saturday. We have a good chance of having family members of players stop by. Also some former players may be stopping by as well. Get there early, drink heavily and cheer on the Cowboys.

The mini-bar is coming into focus: We will have the following shots.
The first three were staples from the Intoxicologist.
Sooner Bitch Slap
Purple Panty Droppers
Cowboy Victory Shots
+ 1 new drink that we will name on Saturday.

We will also have some other random and not so random things:
Bloody Mary bar in the morning
We'll also have some other things that can be drank or mixed.

Then after the game, there is a decent chance (details not completed yet) that the Locked on Oklahoma State podcast could be transmitting from the tailgate area. So after we win, come back, enjoy some victory beers and start the party anew.
Purple Panty Pull Down.
New drink name suggestion: Well, Bye!

Plane made it in STW early. At a friends tailgate...may slide over aftah...
Kk. I will be flying back into Stillwater about 2p from a conference. I didnt get a ticket because my schedule for said conf was previously unknown. Just evaluating my options. There's always Georgex or Iron Monk....and stop by after

Plane made it in STW early. At a friends tailgate...may slide over aftah...
Welp, I did as I said I would and stopped by after the game...probably should have just remained incognito...that was a long walk across campus for an "oh, hey" and "yeah, OP isn't a thing anymore"...at least @CowboyJD introduced himself (which I really appreciated)...oh and @Pokes28.

There was kind of an invite to the BYU tailgate, but I wasn't really sure.

Anyway, peace guys. I'm glad you enjoy your group.

Last edited:
Welp, I did as I said I would and stopped by after the game...probably should have just remained incognito...that was a long walk across campus for an "oh, hey" and "yeah, OP isn't a thing anymore"...at least @CowboyJD introduced himself (which I really appreciated)...oh and @Pokes28.

It took me forever to get back to the car. I was hurting. Bad legs. I didn’t even talk to Pokes 28 or CowboyJD after the game. Come back for the BYU tailgate.

There is always a standing invite to join us. Some tailgates are bigger than others, of course. That last one was good. We went through gallons and gallons of alcohol. It was a long, exhausting, wonderful day. The drive home to Joplin that night was not fun...

There is always a standing invite to join us. Some tailgates are bigger than others, of course. That last one was good. We went through gallons and gallons of alcohol. It was a long, exhausting, wonderful day. The drive home to Joplin that night was not fun...
Felt close to olden times when I was there. Thanks for letting me drop in.

Maybe we should do the name tags with our screen names thing again for next time.

Back