OrangePower Tailgate: Homecoming - CANCELED due to weather

Pokes28

NOTE - Due to the weather, I'm going to go ahead and pull the plug on the tailgate for this week. The plan is to push this week's food plan to next week/Bedlam

When - Saturday October 28 - Lots open at 8 AM - kickoff at 7 PM
Where - South side of Ag Hall

1692988436234.png

Everybody is invited to join us at the Orange Power Tailgate celebrating America's Greatest Homecoming...

Pulled Pork
Corn Soufflé
and more sides TBD
We tend to eat about 2 hours before kick. So expect food to be served around 5.

Visiting fans. we would love to have you come by and join us. You will likely be offered food, drink, and conversation from some of the nicest people you will ever meet. A good rule of thumb is that as long as you aren't a jerk, you'll be treated like gold pretty much all over campus.

For anybody that has never come by before. This is a BYOD tailgate. This tailgate is 100% ran off of donations. We keep costs as low as possible and donate anything above those costs. - Update - we are approximately $300 net positive at the half way mark. Keep up the donations so we can get our donation level back up.

We have 400 sq foot of tent shade, a good TV setup, etc. As of last year, this is no longer a Posse lot. which means it is first come first parked for free.

If possible, we start with tailgating futbol before we tailgate football. Next weekend is a Premier League weekend, however we likely will be watching the Wrexham match. It is not easy to get to watch them play, so if you have any interest, come join us and enjoy.

Last edited:
Update. The Karma team that was going to cook for us for Bedlam had other business pop up and they will not be coming for Bedlam this year. I'm probably the most disappointed as that means I have to figure out what we are going to do food wise for the biggest game of the year. So I would love to hear some thoughts.

Note: As of right now I'm leaning towards a chili cook for BYU...

Update. The Karma team that was going to cook for us for Bedlam had other business pop up and they will not be coming for Bedlam this year. I'm probably the most disappointed as that means I have to figure out what we are going to do food wise for the biggest game of the year. So I would love to hear some thoughts.

Note: As of right now I'm leaning towards a chili cook for BYU...
Maybe chili for Bedlam. Does anyone have enough wild game for the BYU game? That is usually good.

Maybe chili for Bedlam. Does anyone have enough wild game for the BYU game? That is usually good.
Our sources of wild game are hit and miss so to speak. of course if Bedlam is an 11 AM kick, then I don't have much to worry about. Wont have to worry too much about food at that one. Some yes, but nothing major.

Our sources of wild game are hit and miss so to speak. of course if Bedlam is an 11 AM kick, then I don't have much to worry about. Wont have to worry too much about food at that one. Some yes, but nothing major.
Have you cooked any brats or something similar this year, I recall you had burgers for the Central Arkansas game?

The weather forecast isn’t looking very good. I guess it will be a game day decision whether we will be there. I don’t need pneumonia.

Have you cooked any brats or something similar this year, I recall you had burgers for the Central Arkansas game?
No I have not done brats or anything like that so far this year.

I'm pretty scared of the weather this weekend. Not sure what a good plan would be.

Back