Orange Power Tailgate - Kansas Info

Pokes28

Note: There will not be any official tailgate for the KSU game. It is still up in the air on if I'll even be able to make it to the game since I'm the only one in my group at work that isn't on vacation. So its possible I won't be able to leave Joplin until 5 PM which means no chance to make the game. So anybody that wants to buy a two tickets in 117, send me a PM.

When - Saturday October 14 - Lots open at 8 AM - kickoff at 2:30 PM
Where - South side of Ag Hall

1692988436234.png

Everybody is invited to join us at the Orange Power Tailgate. Food for this game will be soft tacos. Chicken and pulled pork will likely be two meats available.

Visiting fans. Please stop by. You will likely be offered food, drink, and conversation from some of the nicest people you will ever meet. A good rule of thumb is that as long as you aren't a jerk, you'll be treated like gold pretty much all over campus.

We tend to eat about the time people return from the walk before a game.

For anybody that has never come by before. This is a BYOD tailgate. There is a donation bucket (we also have venmo, etc) where every dollar that is donated goes to pay for tailgate food and any extra gets donated to the University to assist with scholarships. Last year was the first time in 12 years that we weren't able to donate at least $1000. That was due to food costs and lower attendance. But its a new year, new energy, new QB, new DC, etc. Should be a good time. - Update - we are approximately $250 net positive after the first two tailgates. Keep up the donations so we can get our donation level back up.

We have 400 sq foot of tent shade, a good TV setup, etc. As of last year, this is no longer a Posse lot. which means it is first come first parked for free.

Also note that when the game falls on a Premier League weekend, however October 14 is not a Premier League weekend. So we probably won't get start getting set up at the tailgate until around 8 AM

Missed y’all due to the inevitability of birth this week. We’ll see y’all closer to Thanksgiving.

An update for this week's game. While there is no Premier league this week, Wrexham will still be playing. So that match starts at 9 AM, so we will have the tailgate set up so we can start watching the match at that time.

I know a lot of people love to watch the Wrexham documentary but it is not easy or cheap to be able to watch them play. So if you want to join us, be at the tailgate by 9.

Yes, I will be there! See ya in two weeks!
It's common courtesy to announce yourself at the tailgate, an old tradition.
BTW, it's just like rule #1, what happens at the tailgate, stays at the tailgate, and in here. 🙂

It's common courtesy to announce yourself at the tailgate, an old tradition.
BTW, it's just like rule #1, what happens at the tailgate, stays at the tailgate, and in here. 🙂
I have been going for the last five years! 😆 I guess I need to quit using that cloaking device when I am at the festivities! I will get one of the ladies either Mary, Kerri or Becky to formally introduce me!!!

I have been going for the last five years! 😆 I guess I need to quit using that cloaking device when I am at the festivities! I will get one of the ladies either Mary, Kerri or Becky to formally introduce me!!!
Be sure to do that, but they have to introduce you by your "superhero message board name".

Didn’t I give you one of my extra tickets to either the Central Arkansas or South Alabama game, I remember a couple of folks needing a ticket and had those two extras!!! I have slept since then and can’t remember who I gave them to!
I don’t think so. I’ve had 4 tickets for several years and I’ve never needed any more.

Back