OSU vs Notre Dame

Minus small 1-17 from 3. Continually letting wright and hicklen fire away. Combining to go 1-11.

Hicklen 4-16 on the year and Wright 6-26. That’s a combined 24%

My crazy idea.

Fire him now. Bring in Doug to install discipline for the rest of the season and maybe some players don't hit the portal.

Fire after the season and every player will hit the portal.
We have Scott on staff give him a chance the remainder of the year!

4 point lead...

Defense: we get blown by so someone steps in under the layup to try and take a charge. Nope. Only turned a layup into an and 1. Now a 1 point lead.

Offense: miss the shot

Defense: switch on a high ball screen your big man onto their PG. Goes exactly how ya might deduce, foul. Makes both FTs. Now down 1 point.

Offense: 3 guys stand around doing nothing while Small and Garrison do-si-do around with defenders trying to get free off a screen for 23 seconds. Then everyone panics and scatters around, all we get off is a step back contested 3 that...surprise...misses. And at that moment the game was over.

So much absolute idiocy down the stretch. You think I'd be numb to it by now, but it still angers me, albeit much less than before. Like someone else said it's total apathy. I only turn the game on for background noise. I know we won't make the tourney and sadly I don't care, because we've been so long without any success in it that the tourney as a whole is dead to me now. I hope we can find an answer in enough time for my kids to experience even just a shred of the excitement that was Cowboy basketball when I was growing up, but I'm sure not expecting it.

4 point lead...

Defense: we get blown by so someone steps in under the layup to try and take a charge. Nope. Only turned a layup into an and 1. Now a 1 point lead.

Offense: miss the shot

Defense: switch on a high ball screen your big man onto their PG. Goes exactly how ya might deduce, foul. Makes both FTs. Now down 1 point.

Offense: 3 guys stand around doing nothing while Small and Garrison do-si-do around with defenders trying to get free off a screen for 23 seconds. Then everyone panics and scatters around, all we get off is a step back contested 3 that...surprise...misses. And at that moment the game was over.

So much absolute idiocy down the stretch. You think I'd be numb to it by now, but it still angers me, albeit much less than before. Like someone else said it's total apathy. I only turn the game on for background noise. I know we won't make the tourney and sadly I don't care, because we've been so long without any success in it that the tourney as a whole is dead to me now. I hope we can find an answer in enough time for my kids to experience even just a shred of the excitement that was Cowboy basketball when I was growing up, but I'm sure not expecting it.
Craziest part is it was the same scenario as yesterday and not one person learned a thing. Player or coach.

Here is an idea… go in the transfer portal and recruit guys that average over 15ppg and don’t consider anyone else. Small is the only guard who can shoot the ball. Insanity. I like our young forwards but like someone else said we have 2 guards who average 24% shooting. Our free throw shooting is just as bad to atrocious. They are literally free shots ugh

Loooked at our FT shooting and the percentage isn’t bad until you take out smalls numbers he was 9-9. You take that out and we were 57% from the free throw line. WTF

Auburn beat Saint Bonavemture by 17 fyi.

By the way, fhe Irish guard that scored 20 and pretty much single handedly won the game.....is a freshman.
Heard that from the announcers, which further embarrassed me. Also, ND returned the fewest number of starting minutes in the NCAA from the team last year AND they have a new coach. Even with all that relative lack of cohesion on the other side of the court, we STILL played like we typically do. Not saying we returned a ton from last year either, but come on man.

Nope. Not going to watch this year. Can't do it.
That’s been me for a while now. Honestly I didn’t watch a whole lot during Cade’s year either because (no one at this point can convince me otherwise) he should have been dominant. Every time he stepped on the floor he should have put on a show and the flat out truth is, he didn’t. And it was 100% coaching.

I have a suite and do my best to keep it full. That said, I went to 3 games last year. Haven't gone this year. Yes, work gets in the way but mostly I just can't watch this sh*t anymore.

Careful saying you won't watch games anymore, folks here will say you're "nOt A tRuE fAn".

I like the rest of you followed Cowboy basketball religiously from as early as I could remember (late 90s Sutton years) all the way through Ford and the first few years of Boynton. Can't do it anymore. It's the same circus show and only serves to put me in a sour mood. Until things change to where I know we will at least play competent ball and be competitive, if not have a legit shot to win every game, I'll tune in only when convenient and find another way to spend my time.

Careful saying you won't watch games anymore, folks here will say you're "nOt A tRuE fAn".

I like the rest of you followed Cowboy basketball religiously from as early as I could remember (late 90s Sutton years) all the way through Ford and the first few years of Boynton. Can't do it anymore. It's the same circus show and only serves to put me in a sour mood. Until things change to where I know we will at least play competent ball and be competitive, if not have a legit shot to win every game, I'll tune in only when convenient and find another way to spend my time.
Problem is, we do have a shot at winning every game (so far). Atrocious shooting (regular and FT) and horrible end game coaching has killed us. Again.

I feel the same way you do, though. I keep getting my hopes up every season because it really only takes 1 season to turn things around. Disappointment and apathy hit early and hit hard this year.

Problem is, we do have a shot at winning every game (so far). Atrocious shooting (regular and FT) and horrible end game coaching has killed us. Again.

I feel the same way you do, though. I keep getting my hopes up every season because it really only takes 1 season to turn things around. Disappointment and apathy hit early and hit hard this year.
To your point, we'll probably pull some stunt off like upsetting Creighton after starting 2-4. Inexperienced fools would let that get their hopes way up.

Back