Big 12 Softball Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silver linings: Talon Edwards had a really good day at the plate, Ivy Rosenberry gets an entire week to rest and recover, Lexi didn't get overextended this weekend so she should be good to go for regional action.
Is what it is. Better now than next weekend, or the weekend after, or the week after that.

Well hopefully that was the final lesson for this team: bring your A game or go home.

I'm sure they were getting an extraordinary amount of pats on the back from the fan base and media for last weekend. Humble pie can be helpful.

Just a note: since tying the game 2-2 against OU we've been outscored 13-2.

Last edited:
Coach says in postgame that he still thinks the Cowgirls are a top 5 seed, definitely top 8.
I agree with him fully. Losses happen. Just ask ou or texas. Iowa State and BYU beat us more times than they could.

I mean image how much you suck if you lose to a team that loses to those two clowns programs? Twice in shutout fashion.

:cool:

Last edited:
I agree with him fully. Losses happen. Just ask ou or texas. Iowa State and BYU beat us more times than they could.

I mean image how much you suck if you lose to a team that loses to those two clowns programs? Twice in shutout fashion.

:cool:
Of all the women's sports I think softball is the closest to parity. Seems like in the past few years anyone can beat anyone. OU is OU but no other blue blood is dominant week in week out like they used to be.

losing to a another average opponent….how this team looked so good against OU and looked disinterested against BYU committing 5 errors is beyond poor….I guess we didn’t want to compete this weekend. Play like that next week and we’ll be just like UCLA from last season

Last edited:
I haven’t watch a game since we lost

Coming tomorrow for selection time……I’m getting a bad feeling we are not in the top 8. Hope I’m dead wrong on the feeling….just not comfortable when seeing teams like lsu upsetting Tenn and few teams behind us making it to their conference title.

I haven’t watch a game since we lost

Coming tomorrow for selection time……I’m getting a bad feeling we are not in the top 8. Hope I’m dead wrong on the feeling….just not comfortable when seeing teams like lsu upsetting Tenn and few teams behind us making it to their conference title.
I think our two series wins versus OU and UT will keep us in top 8, but there's 5 bad losses on the resume (TU, BYU x2, ISUx2) that are definitely cause for concern.

I am not a fan of the RPI but that the formula the committee wanna use unfortunately. Just don’t see why Team A opponents winning % and their opponent opponents winning % should determine a team faith. Should be just how a team does. I lean more to the KPI. It doesn’t punish a team for their opponents outcome.

KPI top 10 is:

1. Texas
2. Oklahoma
3. Tennessee
4. Duke
5. Oklahoma State
6. Florida
7. Missouri
8. UCLA
9. Stanford
10. LSU

Status