Big 12 Softball Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
KU beat Houston 6-5, Iowa State blew a big lead and was eliminated by Tech.

Cowgirls face BYU at 11

I'm very interested to see who pitches for OSU today, it will probably give some clues to tomorrow.

Don't forget that last year, OSU was beaten in the first round by KU, 8-7. I'm sure they were reminded of this.

Last edited:
Ivy will be starting today

To me, the postseason wild card for this team is Tallen Edwards. She was hitting around .400 for the first half of the season, but then, she missed a little time with an injury, and hasn't really been the same, now hitting under .300. She still has the great defense, but her bat coming alive would make a huge difference.

Word on the street is Kenny wants to win today (for it to be enough to solidify a top-8 lock), Eberle wants to win tomorrow (because she wants to beat OU) and Shippy wants to win the whole thing (because she's just competitive).

So Ivy today, Lexi tomorrow and the whole kitchen sink against Texas?

Word on the street is Kenny wants to win today (for it to be enough to solidify a top-8 lock), Eberle wants to win tomorrow (because she wants to beat OU) and Shippy wants to win the whole thing (because she's just competitive).

So Ivy today, Lexi tomorrow and the whole kitchen sink against Texas?
I'm down. I'm sure we'll see Kyra some. Probably her last chance as next week its for keeps.

BYU LHP Temples 10-6 4.42ERA

B1
Poullard K's swinging on a pitch at her ears
Edwards singles to RCF
Wang Ks swinging. Again chasing the rise ball
Godwin flies out to RF, sliding catch probably saved a run

Last edited:
T2
Groundout to 2B
Triple to RF corner
Single up the middle, RBI
HBP on 1-2
Pop out to 2B
Huge error by Bloodworth on a cross ground ball lets a run score
Groundout to 1B

BYU up 2-0

Last edited:
I haven't been comfortable with the attitude of "how many games do we want to win?" This team has proven it can lose to just about anybody. Plenty of game left though.
Honestly I feel more comfortable when they are playing highly ranked teams. They haven't shown the ability to lock in and take care of business against teams that shouldn't pose a problem.

Honestly I feel more comfortable when they are playing highly ranked teams. They haven't shown the ability to lock in and take care of business against teams that shouldn't pose a problem.
true, but BYU has already beaten us and OU this year and is fighting for their season, so I'd say they are dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back