NIT or NCAA?

Are we going to make the tourney?

• Yes

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
We are stuck watching this s***show for at least 2 and probably 3 more years. Buyout right now is north of $11 million. Drops to $9 million next yr and north of $6 million yr after. Hell it’s still $4 million yr after that. We can’t fire Boynton in any of those scenarios and hire a name coach. Even by that time we are such a dumpster that any “hot” mid major coach would be wise to sit it out and take another job bc we will not pony up the cash and will be gunshy to extend contracts bc of the last 2 debacles.

A 5 game losing stretch at the end of the season including home losses to Baylor and Kansas State, winnable games in which we didn't look particularly good, didn't do ourselves any favors. Who called it stepping on our own dicks? Were our dicks actually long enough to step on?

Of course. We are the one seed but have to go to Youngstown State. Yet again we get screwed.
The NIT is a joke anyways. Doesn’t really matter imo, especially when the majority of our players won’t be back next season. Not like we can use this to develop young talent, because we have Quion, that’s all.

I am shocked the university declined the opportunity to host. Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most ridiculous reason(s) ever given. Put staff on the Big Orange Bus, drive them over to host, drive them back to Tulsa. Solve it somehow.

Program/admin doesn’t even take itself seriously, why should fans?

I cancelled ESPN+ a year or 2 ago because I was barely watching it. Guess I'll miss this game and any others on ESPN+ Oh freaking well.

Not that it matters now but remember last year when the NCAA made a statement saying it was “unacceptable” for Boynton to mention specific members of the rules committee in his emotional press conference following the decision not to overturn the post season ban? After that there was not a chance in hell that we were gonna make the cut today. I’m not so sure we would have gotten in if we were 19-14 after that happened.

This is just a bad look by the university. Has this ever happened, the overall number 1 seed elect not to host? The leadership should have found a way to make basketball hosting an option. Not very good optics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back