Bedlam: Cowgirls at Sooners

The pitch calling is new, why give them the chance to get what we are doing?
Kilfoyl still throws the same pitches…not much of a secret especially with the seniors they have. Especially with technology like Synergy
where they can literally study every pitch she’s thrown this season. She happens to execute on an elite level…it’s more about the work load than anything trying to manage her pitch count.

View attachment 4625
ESPN just posted this of a Georgia pitcher's pitch location by season and from one game.

There's no secrets in scouting reports. If ESPN has this, so does the opponent plus much more data.

I can see putting Aycock in a pressure spot to she how she handles it....but we're not hiding Lexi. This is a sport where most teams throw 3 pitchers. She'll pitch next week, and maybe against BYU instead of OU, but we're not sitting her.
It’s not the location, it’s the spin and movement that you don’t want them to see.

You can read all of the charts you want, but taking actual at-bats against a pitcher gives you more info than anything. We will limit OU's opportunities to be in the box against her as much as possible.

The only way we change that strategy is if we decide we want to try to win the whole Big 12 Tournament for a shot at the 1 seed of the WCWS.

If anyone is interested this is from D1 softball on their podcast. They talk about OSU a lot here including interviewing lexi. A lot of good points from lexi mentioning how Eberle really improved her pitching this year and the hosts asked about her social media post regarding osu softball "turning her life around".

If anyone is interested this is from D1 softball on their podcast. They talk about OSU a lot here including interviewing lexi. A lot of good points from lexi mentioning how Eberle really improved her pitching this year and the hosts asked about her social media post regarding osu softball "turning her life around".
Great find.

I really liked: "she (Eberle) understands that I'm already a great pitcher........and I don't need fixing...."

That's pretty cocky, and that's the mindset you need to strikeout Jada Coleman in front of 4,000 fans.

Just watched Kenny's Monday press meeting, some highlights:

(paraphrased)
--BYU is the focus, have to beat them. "They gave us fits in Provo."

--asked about Micaela Wark "she battles her knees every day. She's really settled in after having a new hitting coach and philosophy, and also I think she was pissed she didn't get to play first. But she' handled it well. She's still learning to be a leader, sometimes it doesn't come out well."

--asked about pitching backwards versus OU "we started the year using those analytics that said to do it that way, but early on those said that Ivy should only be used for about 6-7 outs, and of course that has changed. I knew Carrie would want to do that this week before she even suggested it."

--I'll let you ask Ivy how she'd doing (implying she's doing as good as could be hoped is how I took it)

--asked about pitching strategy in game 3 after winning first 2 "Carrie didn't want to pitch Lexi at all. I told her, if we get up late, she's going in. When we tied it, I told her to get Lexi ready. We were one hit away."

--asked about his comments about OU being the bully "they slam their bats after walks. Why do they do that? (rhetorically) It's all about energy and bullying and I respect the hell out of it. I don't want my team being that way, but I get it. Maybe I should learn to filter myself, like with Kelly last summer, but really if you're an OSU fan you like it, if you're an OU fan you hate it, and nobody else likes them so I guess its fine."

--he also mentioned his stuttering, which I had never heard him bring up before, and a few other things....."but hey, that's who I am."

Just watched Kenny's Monday press meeting, some highlights:

(paraphrased)
--BYU is the focus, have to beat them. "They gave us fits in Provo."

--asked about Micaela Wark "she battles her knees every day. She's really settled in after having a new hitting coach and philosophy, and also I think she was pissed she didn't get to play first. But she' handled it well. She's still learning to be a leader, sometimes it doesn't come out well."

--asked about pitching backwards versus OU "we started the year using those analytics that said to do it that way, but early on those said that Ivy should only be used for about 6-7 outs, and of course that has changed. I knew Carrie would want to do that this week before she even suggested it."

--I'll let you ask Ivy how she'd doing (implying she's doing as good as could be hoped is how I took it)

--asked about pitching strategy in game 3 after winning first 2 "Carrie didn't want to pitch Lexi at all. I told her, if we get up late, she's going in. When we tied it, I told her to get Lexi ready. We were one hit away."

--asked about his comments about OU being the bully "they slam their bats after walks. Why do they do that? (rhetorically) It's all about energy and bullying and I respect the hell out of it. I don't want my team being that way, but I get it. Maybe I should learn to filter myself, like with Kelly last summer, but really if you're an OSU fan you like it, if you're an OU fan you hate it, and nobody else likes them so I guess its fine."

--he also mentioned his stuttering, which I had never heard him bring up before, and a few other things....."but hey, that's who I am."
The more I hear from Coach G the more I love it. Calling out his own alma mater on their childish antics is *chefs kiss*.

PAY THE MAN. Keep him here forever!

He has already become one of my all-time favorite OSU coaches. His confidence, his vision, his emotion, his realism, his energy, his never back down attitude, his comments towards OU, I love it all!!!! I love a Coach that is not scared to speak his mind, even if it ruffles feathers. I love that OU is an hour south of him & a daily reminder to pursue excellence! You can see it’s a burning desire to kick their ass every day for him! Hopefully, we are on the verge of turning those tables!

He has already become one of my all-time favorite OSU coaches. His confidence, his vision, his emotion, his realism, his energy, his never back down attitude, his comments towards OU, I love it all!!!! I love a Coach that is not scared to speak his mind, even if it ruffles feathers. I love that OU is an hour south of him & a daily reminder to pursue excellence! You can see it’s a burning desire to kick their ass every day for him! Hopefully, we are on the verge of turning those tables!
I mean we just beat them in a series at their house and we are so young. I know they always have talent but they are graduating a lot of important pieces that will be tough to replace.

Great find.

I really liked: "she (Eberle) understands that I'm already a great pitcher........and I don't need fixing...."

That's pretty cocky, and that's the mindset you need to strikeout Jada Coleman in front of 4,000 fans.
I also liked the approach eberle took, building on her IQ to know where to pitch a batter. Eberle is really building herself strong in the coaching world. If she can teach one of these young girls her drop ball, I'd love that too haha!

Back