3 game series vs Florida St March 10-12

Last call for the Cowgirls. 7-5 FSU bottom 7

Carwile with the lead off walk
Factor GIDP on a 3-2 count.
Wynne Ks

Ballgame

Last edited:
The plate ump had a huge part of that outcome. FSU had 4 errors and only 4 hits but plated 7 runs. I said last night it felt like a postseason game but there’s no question the ump got into the heads of both starting pitchers.

Edit: the other thing that was strange is that on several occasions the ump would be very vocal on balls and crazy delayed on his strike hammer signal. The teams had no clue what was coming and it cost FSU with a delay call once. Just stay silent on balls and on strikes be quick and emphatic. It’s umpiring 101. Even at first there were a few calls that the blue looked unsure of herself.

Pitching was terrific yesterday by the freshman! Two things I was disappointed in was 1) Coach G not using a pinch runner for Wark when she was on 2nd base in, I think 3rd inning. A pinch runner would have scored on Factor's single but instead we left the bases loaded. And 2) I'm tired of watching Morgan Wynn take the first pitch right down the middle of the plate for a strike every single time.

The plate ump had a huge part of that outcome. FSU had 4 errors and only 4 hits but plated 7 runs. I said last night it felt like a postseason game but there’s no question the ump got into the heads of both starting pitchers.

Edit: the other thing that was strange is that on several occasions the ump would be very vocal on balls and crazy delayed on his strike hammer signal. The teams had no clue what was coming and it cost FSU with a delay call once. Just stay silent on balls and on strikes be quick and emphatic. It’s umpiring 101. Even at first there were a few calls that the blue looked unsure of herself.

The home plate ump was horrible for both teams. His strike zone changed quite a bit for sure.

On the delay call…are you talking about when he awarded us the walk? If so, the ump did call a strike that made the count 3-2. FSU catcher thought it was a strikeout and start the around the horn. That on the catcher and not the ump. She should kept the count in her head. I will not blame him(ump) for that….his floating coffee cup strike zone I will.

I was told these umps were from the PAC 12 yesterday at the game.

Pitching was terrific yesterday by the freshman! Two things I was disappointed in was 1) Coach G not using a pinch runner for Wark when she was on 2nd base in, I think 3rd inning. A pinch runner would have scored on Factor's single but instead we left the bases loaded. And 2) I'm tired of watching Morgan Wynn take the first pitch right down the middle of the plate for a strike every single time.

I am very confused with Morgyn Wynne. Put her in as a pinch hitter….she produce big time. But having her in the lineup, she not swinging with the same confidence. She does look a little off. Maybe she trying to hard as a starter. I dunno…we really need her to hit the ball like she did two years ago

Last edited:
Kyra Aycock pitched a great game. I was nervous about her As a Fr. getting the nod against a top 5 program. No nerves now…wow

That was the first run giving up in Aycock 4 starts.

Last edited:
T1

Kilfoyl has the start

Walked
caught stealing
walked double
run scored E5 on the throw home on FC
K swinging
stole 2nd
K looking

***EDIT***
No error on the throw home by Bloodworth….if she made a better throw, the runner would been out at home

Last edited:
B2

Wark reached on base on E5 fielding
Carwile bunt single runners on 1st and 2nd…beautiful bunt
Factor SAC bunt moved the runners to 2nd and 3rd
Wynne K swinging
Tuck RBI Single under review been over ruled she was out no score

i didn’t see enough to changed it

end of 2

FSU leads 1-0

Last edited:
B2

Wark reached on base on E5 fielding
Carwile bunt single runners on 1st and 2nd…beautiful bunt
Factor SAC bunt moved the runners to 2nd and 3rd
Wynne K swinging
Tuck RBI Single under review been over ruled she was out no score

i didn’t see enough to changed it

end of 2

FSU leads 1-0
Apparently the ncaa definition of indisputable is wildly different from everyone else's

T3

walked
flied to RF
Stoled 2nd
walked, runners on 1st and 2nd
grounded to P, runners on 2nd and 3rd(Kilfoyl ran up to field the ball and made a perfect throw to Wark)
grounded to SS

Back