Troy Cox Classic & road trip to UTEP Feb. 24-26

Sportsfan89

Ranger
HOW BOUT THEM COWGIRLS!!!!

Cowgirls coming into this weekend 8-1 with 4 run rules in last weekend Clearwater Invitational. 12 home runs were hits including 2 grand slams. Coach Cloer new hitting coach needs some recognition. She has gotten these ladies focus and swinging with confidence. The lineup is rounding out to arguably the best in Coach Gajewski coaching career. Love the three Freshmens(Edwards, Wark, Lott) these young ladies is going to make the future of Cowgirls softball special to watch. Becker at leadoff…I am very impressed how she has the knack getting on base. I can go on and on with each player….I love with what we are seeing.

Defense looks pretty strong. If I am worry about anything it is Megan Bloodworth on 3B and backup pitching. With Bloodworth, she is a converted 3B from playing primary at 2B at Bama. The early errors makes a person worry. But looking at the big picture, she is gaining confidence, looking better each game played. By conference play and beyond….she will look like she been playing that position for years.

Kelly Maxwell looks better than ever. Did she leave a pitch hang for a homeru? Yes, that happens with the best. Lexi Kilfoyl is a nice compliment to Maxwell as a No. 2. She didn’t have her good stuff vs VT but she battled on. Kyra Aycock is our future. I think she solidify the No. 3 pitcher in the roatation. Aycock still needs some innings to improve her game…but I like what I see with the youngester. Ivy Rosenberry was hitting 71 on the radar gun. Could be the fastest pitcher we have. She does really good going through the opponent lineup the first time. It’s the second go around when they start hitting her. Not sure exactly if she throwing too hard that the ball cannot break or she not spinning the ball enough. Either way, until the coaches get her to make some corrections…I can see her come in for relief an inning or two. Bailie Runner has come along nicely since she came to Stillwater 2 yrs ago. She may not be a No. 1 or 2 pitcher but she will be a good compliment pitcher for the next few years.

Cowgirls are rated No. 3 and 4 in various polls This week, they have 4 games in the Troy Cox Classic on Friday and Saturday before traveling to El Paso to take on UTEP on Sunday. Not sure if any of these games will be televised or on the radio.

Feb 24(Friday)
10 am CT
vs 3-5 New Mexico

12:30 pm CT
vs 5-5 Nebraska

Feb 25(Saturday)
10 am CT
vs 2-8 Cal St-Bakersfield

12:30 pm CT
vs 5-4 New Mexico St

Feb 26(Sunday) in El Paso
1 pm CT
vs 4-5 UTEP

Nothing like the Clearwater Invitational but a nice weekend to workout a few kinks and give some of the youngsters some playing time.

B1

Becker single to SS
Edwards single to left runners on 1st and 2nd
Naomi E4 bases loaded
Wark BB RBI
Carwile SAC FLY RBI to RF runners on 1st and 2nd
Factor HBP bases loaded
Wynne grounded to 2B run scored and runners on 2nd and 3rd
Tuck single to 2B and advanced to 2B scored 2 runs
Tuck stole 3rd
Bloodworth single and advanced to 2nd
Becker RBI double off 3B glove
Edwards 2 run HOMER
Naomi single up the middle
Wark pop fly to 2B

end of 1
9-0

Last edited:
B2

Carwile single up the middle
Factor lined to 1B for a double play
Wynne single to SS
Tuck BB runners on 1st and 2nd
Bloodworth flied to 2B

Last edited:
B3

Alexx Waitman pinch hitting for Becker
Waitman grounded to 2B
Edwards double to left center
Naomi HBP
Lexi MacDonald pinch hitting for Warl
McDonald K looking
Carwile 3 run HOMER to Center
Lott pinch hit for Factor
Lott walked
Wynne K looking

end of 3
12-0

Last edited:
T4
Lott staying in to play LF and moved Edwards to CF
Timm in to play 3B for Bloodworth
Becker back in for Waitman

K looking
K swinging
HBP broke up the perfect game
K swinging

T5

Walked
rnner advanced to 2nd on WP
Single, runners on the corners
K swinging, WP run scored and runner on 2nd
Runner stole 3rd
K looking
Lined to SS

BALL GAME
12-1

Either Kilfoyl or Aycock gets the start vs Nebraska

They said Aycock was warming up in the Bullpen whilefirst game was going….i say she gets the start

We are the visiting team

T1

Becker lined to CF
Edwards K swinging first time this year and you can thank the announcer for putting a curse on her
Naomi grounded to SS

Last edited:
T2

Wark fly to RF
Carwile fly to CF
Factor single to SS
Wynne single to left
Schneidmiller RBI single
Bloodworth popped to SS

Last edited:
Back