3 game series vs Florida St March 10-12

Sportsfan89

Ranger
Big matchup between two top 5 teams in Stillwater. This is huge indicator just where our Cowgirls are at. I listen to the Kenny Gajewski show last night, he has said that Kyra Aycock will get a start this weekend. So I see Maxwell on Friday….Kilfoyl on Saturday and Aycock on Sunday.

Coach wasn’t pleased with the performance this past weekend…but he didn’t go offf on them for going undefeated in the Invitational. The ladies did have a little players only meeting to be focus on the upcoming games.

Maxwell has given up 4 home runs in last two starts. Myself, I thought the two to UTEP was cause by high wind conditions they were playing in. Coach Gajewski said that Kelly has not throw the rise ball very good as of late. And the ones that went yard even in the Missouri game were very ugly pitches. She done better vs SD St on Sunday. Hope she is back to form by Friday.

Thought the other pitchers done a great job. Rosenberry gave up 2 runs(unearned I think)…defense collapse causing 2 errors in the same inning. It was our first errors in 7 or 8 games. It happens. Love seeing Edwards laying out to try to make the play couple of times. She didn’t make them spectacular catches….but she did keep the ball in front of her. Defense played really good outside of the two hiccups.

Hitting was so so. I thought we played down to our competition. Not a lot of emotions that I’m used to. Coach G said on his show that the ladies were trying too hard instead take what the pitcher gives you. It’s good to see how majority of our youth is getting some experience thus far.

I have to say one thing, if you have not seen these ladies in person….you should. TV does these ladies no justice. Some of them i thought were like 5’5 or 5’6….heck they are like 5’9 or 5’10.

Standing room only tickets are only $5. You can get one and stand over the dugout…after the 2nd or 3rd inning…the seating is open up for you if you chose to sit. The Corral out in right field, you can bring your own food and/or drinks. I stood out there by some college girls…they had a backpack full of beer. Another person brought in bowls of hot wings and another brought 5/6 large pizzas. It was fun but yet a little annoying with college students that were a little tipsy.

I will be there Saturday but hopefully go to Friday game also. Hope to see you all there. Pack the house Saturday and walk over to watch game 2 of the OSU Baseball DH

Interesting move to only start Kelly once. I'd imagine she'll be available in relief on Sunday.

Aycock started 3 games and gave up 0 runs. Gajpews ki has confidence in her. Like you said, Maxwell will be available if needed.

I would love to see the Cowgirls sweep FSU….but if Coach wants to give the players some experience, glad he doing now than later

Maxwell gets out of the inning without any further damage. She uncharacteristically has 5 walks through 4 innings. Bats need to show some life here

Back