NIT or NCAA?

Are we going to make the tourney?

• Yes

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
Reports are del Conte is not going to take the "interim" tag from Rodney Terry and wants a big splash name...despite booster and player appeals. I would take him in a heartbeat but know he just moved ahead of just about everybody else on their next coach lists.
Haha....leave it to the Texas AD to screw this up. Please, please, please do this and end up making a bad hire and continue to tradition of making the wrong hire. This is so Texas.

I remember reading after the Chris Beard thing went down that there were rumblings of back channel conversations between Texas and Calapari. I could totally see that happening because with the resources he has at Kentucky and pretty much a starting lineup off all 5 star players year after year, he's really underachieved with only winning one title. I'm sure they are ready to push him out the door there. If he was to go to Texas, since the richest athletic program in the country always seems to underachieve, hopefully Calapari doesn't live up to expectations.

I remember reading after the Chris Beard thing went down that there were rumblings of back channel conversations between Texas and Calapari. I could totally see that happening because with the resources he has at Kentucky and pretty much a starting lineup off all 5 star players year after year, he's really underachieved with only winning one title. I'm sure they are ready to push him out the door there. If he was to go to Texas, since the richest athletic program in the country always seems to underachieve, hopefully Calapari doesn't live up to expectations.
Stars want the ball and with more than 2-3 on a team at one time it is difficult to get everyone the PT they want. Kids have to buy into the team concept which happens less and less often with each passing year.

I’d rather have 4* seniors than 5* freshmen
I agree, but my comment was more addressed to uber-stacked teams having difficulty being successful due to egos. Think that also relates to your comment as maturity seems to foster the team concept more than incoming guys who were BMOCs in HS.

Take away Texas who consistently has been good.

Tech - had a great run in 2019 no doubt. But Beard left the first time a bigger school called and look at Tech ever since. They are horrible.

I know our history but these newer coaches don’t care about that and they want the biggest school and power they can get and we just aren’t that program right now. Sure go get a good young coach like the one at Samford but the moment he starts to win these bigger blue blood basketball schools are going to open their check book unlike we do for basketball now with football doing well.

Crap, Brad Underwood came for one year, granted probably knew about the assistant coach issues, but he ran to Illinois

I’m not saying Boynton is the answer, I’m just saying getting a new coach doesn’t mean we start winning all of a sudden. Could easily make us worse.
Tech ever since? They were bad this year, but we’re definitely not terrible last year, the year after Beard left. They were 27-10, 12-6 in conference, made the tourney championship game, were a 3 seed in the tourney, and made the Sweet 16. In my best Gundy voice, “Get your facts straight!” And you can’t say Beard left as soon as a bigger job came, it was his alma mater, that’s a different set of circumstances.

Underwood knew he was about to get busted, if that doesn’t happen he stays in Stillwater.

K State is another example, new coach, instant success. Iowa State, new coach, instant success.

You’re right that it bringing in a new coach can go bad, but you provided terrible examples.

Tech ever since? They were bad this year, but we’re definitely not terrible last year, the year after Beard left. They were 27-10, 12-6 in conference, made the tourney championship game, were a 3 seed in the tourney, and made the Sweet 16. In my best Gundy voice, “Get your facts straight!” And you can’t say Beard left as soon as a bigger job came, it was his alma mater, that’s a different set of circumstances.

Underwood knew he was about to get busted, if that doesn’t happen he stays in Stillwater.

K State is another example, new coach, instant success. Iowa State, new coach, instant success.

You’re right that it bringing in a new coach can go bad, but you provided terrible examples.
Well you also did a terrible job at reading through the thread and just hopped on this one like a true champ.

If you kept reading through other discussions with other posters, you would see I went on to discuss more but that’s obviously too hard for your pea size brain.

Don’t be a dick

And yes, maybe his alma mater, but to say Texas wasn’t a bigger job you’re just talking out of your ass.

Yes, Tech did well the year after with Beards class, but the coaches first class as coach has been abysmal and a failure.

Season 6 Nbc GIF by The Office

ORU is getting their butt kicked. I've never seen ORU play so poorly this season.. bummer

'm not religious.. but ORU is my "adopted" 2nd favorite.. my grandpa was a huge ORU fan and he always took me to every home game. He was the best man I ever knew. It was very difficult to attend ORU's home games with an empty seat next to me.

I'll attend every ORU home game because sitting next to my grandpa from age 6 to adulthood were the best memories I harbor

So, the mighty Big 12 has one team left in the big dance. Hard for us to back up this best conference in America talk.

In hindsight I'm glad we got the NIT. Few extra games to watch our boys play, a nice chip for our shoullder and hopefully enough heat on Boynton's seat to force him make some adjustments moving forward.

So, the mighty Big 12 has one team left in the big dance. Hard for us to back up this best conference in America talk.

In hindsight I'm glad we got the NIT. Few extra games to watch our boys play, a nice chip for our shoullder and hopefully enough heat on Boynton's seat to force him make some adjustments moving forward.
Huh? Texas and K-State are both still in it. That’s two.

Back