gVndy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a fun thought experiment...

Gundys buyout sits at $25mil which is a lot. But what ultimately coats you more in the long run? Paying to can him now, or the lost revenue from dwindling fan support and bowl appearances while we wait for that buyout to come down, only to have to try and rebuild afterwards?

We’d have to rebuild if he left tomorrow, we haven’t missed a bowl in forever, I don’t see us missing one as reason to fire him ( if that happens, still plenty of time to turn this season around) but if the fans stop showing up that would send a definite message. Not this year probably, the school already has that sellout cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’d have to rebuild if he left tomorrow, we haven’t missed a bowl in forever, I don’t see us missing one as reason to fire him ( if that happens, still plenty of time to turn this season around) but if the fans stop showing up that would send a definite message. Not this year probably, the school already has that sellout cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are already gonna have to rebuild. This team won’t win another game. We are at rock bottom

We might beat ISU. They may be more inept on offense than we are. Going to be a pillow fight
Yea I thought about that but any win to justify the poor coaching decisions of Gundy isn’t going to help us long term.

I don’t know how to feel about us winning any more games this season.

No, Gundy needs to be put out to pasture and Robinson or Josh Henson needs to be HC
ZR would be great, but he's got much better prospects in the NFL. Unfortunately, he's a pie in the sky suggestion that people need to stop mentioning. We're gonna need a different solution.

Yea I thought about that but any win to justify the poor coaching decisions of Gundy isn’t going to help us long term.

I don’t know how to feel about us winning any more games this season.
It’s reported that Gundy’s buyout is $25 million. He ain’t going anywhere. We can’t even find money for the recruiting budget. They aren’t firing him. He’s going to have to leave on his own

ZR would be great, but he's got much better prospects in the NFL. Unfortunately, he's a pie in the sky suggestion that people need to stop mentioning. We're gonna need a different solution.
I don’t care who at this point, I’d take just about anybody over Dunn and Dickey. Those two can’t be gone soon enough.

I didn’t agree with the Gundy hire in the first place, but ate my share of crow when he was able to elevate the program a step or two beyond where it was when he got the job. I have been ready for him to go for about 5 years now, and I’m afraid this season may drive more folks away from the program, recruits and fans both. The longer this is allowed to continue, the bigger the rebuild will be moving forward.

I didn’t agree with the Gundy hire in the first place, but ate my share of crow when he was able to elevate the program a step or two beyond where it was when he got the job. I have been ready for him to go for about 5 years now, and I’m afraid this season may drive more folks away from the program, recruits and fans both. The longer this is allowed to continue, the bigger the rebuild will be moving forward.

Look at Gary Patterson. Yes, he elevated TCU to new heights, but after a while the program became stale and mired in mediocrity, and he was shown the door. Gundy is probably the most over-paid coach in D1. Yes, he led OSU to great heights as a CEO with T. Boone's money, but he's never been an X's and O's guy, and now he is totally complacent. Time to show him the door.

What do you think is going to happen if we fire Dickey and Dunn? Our HC is going to raid some d2 school for new coaches and we will be in the same position next year. This problem starts at the top and there’s only one way to fix it, everything else is a Bandaid.
He could hire Cale. I wouldn’t mind him at least for a tryout.

It’s reported that Gundy’s buyout is $25 million. He ain’t going anywhere. We can’t even find money for the recruiting budget. They aren’t firing him. He’s going to have to leave on his own
Why would he leave? Would you leave 5 mil a year just because the team sucks

I'm sold. We were promised improved concepts and changes and we've only gotten worse, much worse. Fire the entire offensive staff after the last game.

And since i hate it when people whine and don't offer solutions...

For OC, hire Ben Arbuckle. Currently in first year at WSU. Was a Western Kentucky before. Young guy, already having success three games into his P5 career. At a school that is getting left out next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back