Fall ball starts up on the 30th

Listen to Kenny Gajewski interview on YouTube. Here is things that I caught interesting.

1. 2024 class is very small with only 2 commits after signing two big recruiting classes the last two yrs. Top 10-15 ranked classes. He be hitting the portal for a player or two next season that will fit Cowgirl System.

2. Vanessa Fletcher has turn down D1 head coaching job just 2 weeks ago to stay at OSU and taken over Recruiting Coordinator

3. Carrie Eberle as pitching coach. He knew that he be wanting her to comeback at some point as a pitching coach. He has kept up with her while at Longwood last yr on her progress. He wished that John would have stayed another yr to let Carrie grow a lil bit more, it is what it is. He felt that she was the person for the job from the interview. He also had two others in mind. Something caught me by surprise right around the 9 minute mark to 10 minute mark. He mentioned that he tried to soothed over the hire with Kelly. What their friction between Kelly and Carrie? I don’t know but something wasn’t right for Kelly jumped ship. Then again I might be digging to much into it.

4. He has mentioned that only 2 or 3 positions are penciled in(set)…the other positions are open for whoever wants it more

5. Not only this is a very young team but not very many familiar faces. Only has 3 players that has wore Cowgirls unis more than 2 yrs….Scotland David, Katheryn Ogg and Audrey Schneidmiller off the top of my head. Could be wrong on one of them.

6. Battle for 3rd String Pitcher between Kutz and Rosenberry. Kutz from my take started off a little rocky trying to get into the college life. She making strides. Rosenberry has been a surprised to Gajewski. Ivy has struggle some by throwing over the plate and not the corners. Her and Carrie been grinding hard to improve her game and he can see the confidence in her.

7. Lexi Kilfoyl is healthy…..arguably the best that she has felt and not thinking of it. Some of her hiccups last yr IMO even when healthy, she had it in the back of her mind to not get hurt and some of her stuff wasn’t effective. If she doesn’t think about it and go pitch….she will be just as good if not better than how she ended last season.

8. Freshmen to lookout for beside Kutz: Tia Warsop played for Great Britain and Taylor Anderson…these two are arguably the fastest runners on any of Gajewski previous teams. They have run havoc in practices. Another name Karli Godwin, she will start on day 1 at DP and she could play 1B or 3B. She be batting in the middle of the lineup either 3 or 4 hole.

9. Other names mentioned: C Caroline Wang transfer from Liberty; 3B Julian Poullard transfer from McNeese(she could possible play 2B or OF); Scotland David talk about her determination to play with all the setbacks with injuries. She may be an OF

Got me pretty pumped up for some softball

My early starting projections for C. Arkansas game on Saturday

C Caroline Wang
1B Wark
2B Graf/Bloodworth ????
3B Poullard
SS Edwards
OF Lott, Warsop, Sokoloski
DP Godwin

Lots of talent to choose from.

Based on the couple practices I’ve seen

1st-Wark…Godwin worked their as well
2nd- Bloodworth
SS- Edwards
3rd- Poullard
LF- Lott
CF- Warsop
RF- Sokoloski
DP- Godwin

Graf has dealing with an an illness for awhile, but has just started practicing this week so she’s a little behind. Either way should definitely challenge at 2nd

Bloodworth has moved back to her natural position at 2nd but has been getting work at 3rd and even SS.

Rose Davis is a freshman SS that has impressed early as well. Defensively, she’s held her own which is quite important considering it’s the one position he’s extremely hard on.

Freshman Logan Pickelsimer has also been impressive at catcher. Could make the case for the best arm on the team. Probably the best catching group Kenny has assembled as HC.

The one thing I noticed was they’re much faster as a team. Last year was definitely Kenny’s slowest team. Safe to say they’ve addressed the lack of speed through the portal and the freshman class

2nd- Bloodworth
SS- Edwards
3rd- Poullard
LF- Lott
CF- Warsop
RF- Sokoloski
DP- Godwin

Graf has dealing with an an illness for awhile, but has just started practicing this week so she’s a little behind. Either way should definitely challenge at 2nd

Bloodworth has moved back to her natural position at 2nd but has been getting work at 3rd and even SS.

Rose Davis is a freshman SS that has impressed early as well. Defensively, she’s held her own which is quite important considering it’s the one position he’s extremely hard on.

Freshman Logan Pickelsimer has also been impressive at catcher. Could make the case for the best arm on the team. Probably the best catching group Kenny has assembled as HC.

The one thing I noticed was they’re much faster as a team. Last year was definitely Kenny’s slowest team. Safe to say they’ve addressed the lack of speed through the portal and the freshman class
If your able to be around for practices and know more what’s going around the program….you should be the one start all these new threads instead of me. LoL

One thing i was surprised about is that our starters projections are the same. I took a wild shot on few positions.

Cannot wait for tomorrow to see this team in person.

B1

Kilfoyl gets the start

F7
single to 3B
FC 5-4 runner on 1st
single to SS
FC to 3B unassisted

end of one

due up

Wark
Wang
Godwin

T2

Wark single to SS
WangP5
Godwin single down lf line
Kilfoyl 3 run HOMER to left
Lott Grounded to 2B
Bloodworth grounded to SS

2nd- Bloodworth
SS- Edwards
3rd- Poullard
LF- Lott
CF- Warsop
RF- Sokoloski
DP- Godwin

If Logan doesn’t have an NIL deal with some pickle company we should just shut down all of our athletic programs.

Back