Big 12 Tournament

Okcpokefan

Fqa9KRvWIAAm709

Tournament situation per ESPN:

Locks: Kansas, Texas, Iowa State, Baylor, Kansas State, and TCU.

Should be in: West Virginia

Work left to do: Oklahoma State

It goes without saying that winning at Texas Tech was a Quad 1 victory for Oklahoma State. All road games in the Big 12 are Quad 1 contests this season. This particular road win could not have come at a better time for an OSU team that was labeled as "next four out" material prior to tipoff. Then again, a single victory against a team tied for last in the Big 12 won't necessarily elevate you all the way from "next four out" to "last four in." The Cowboys still have work to do at the Big 12 tournament, but at least Mike Boynton's group has momentum and, perhaps, a shorter distance to climb. (updated March 4)

Have to win it all: Texas Tech and OU

Tournament situation per ESPN:

Locks: Kansas, Texas, Iowa State, Baylor, Kansas State, and TCU.

Should be in: West Virginia

Work left to do: Oklahoma State

It goes without saying that winning at Texas Tech was a Quad 1 victory for Oklahoma State. All road games in the Big 12 are Quad 1 contests this season. This particular road win could not have come at a better time for an OSU team that was labeled as "next four out" material prior to tipoff. Then again, a single victory against a team tied for last in the Big 12 won't necessarily elevate you all the way from "next four out" to "last four in." The Cowboys still have work to do at the Big 12 tournament, but at least Mike Boynton's group has momentum and, perhaps, a shorter distance to climb. (updated March 4)

Have to win it all: Texas Tech and OU
I STILL can't understand why WVU has been a "lock" all season. Fran was saying it when the were 4-10 in conference. they have 1 more total win, but 1 less in conference. What am I missing?

I STILL can't understand why WVU has been a "lock" all season. Fran was saying it when the were 4-10 in conference. they have 1 more total win, but 1 less in conference. What am I missing?

They have Bob Huggins, we have Boynton. If we have a virtual tie of a Season they will get the nod 100% of the time over us.

They beat PITT, Florida, and Auburn in non-conference. Lost to Purdue and Xavier. Somehow that Purdue loss is considered gold along with the PITT victory.

We lost to UCONN, Va-Tech, S. Illinois, and UCF. We beat Wichita State and Ole' Miss. Plus a better conference record.

WV and OSU swept ISU. WV beat K-State but split with Tech and OU. OSU swept Tech and OU.

I don't get it. Just more moving goal posts. One year it is your conference record, next year it is how you finish the season, and then the following year it is your November and December non-conference games. :ROFLMAO::cry:

You should see some of the Big10 and SEC teams they project ahead of us. It will make you sick. Miss State 9-11 in conference. Wisconsin 9-11 in conference. Rutgers 10-10 in conference. Penn State 10-10 in conference. There is so much dead weight in the Big 10 and SEC, there is no reason a team with those records should make it in.

Saw a tweet that said Anderson is back to practicing with the team. Limited though. Would be really freaking nice if he could be back for Wednesday, but I know these things go slow. We need him. OU even though they are dead last, bottom of the barrel, suck balls, seem to have figured some stuff out lately and any team is hard to beat 3 out of 3.

Back