2023 Basketball Offseason

In world full of NCAA "f you's" to OSU, this would be near the very top of the list.......

"Case for a waiver: By the letter of the law, Moussa Cisse should be forced to sit out a year. But Cisse could try for a mental health waiver because he was on the Oklahoma State team that was hammered with a highly-controversial postseason ban in 2021-22 that Mike Boynton called "unfathomable" and "incredibly unjust and unfair.""
We will punish you unfairly and then give your players transfer waivers due to the mental anguish of the unjust punishment we will continue to enforce upon you!

Not going to be nearly as small as some expected. But very young. Again…..
I wanted to "like" this, but only returning 3 players from last year....woof. Boynton's seat should be red hot, so I hope he get some serious chemistry work in with these guys asap AND gets a stable and productive offensive installed. I'm terrified of our shooting, or lack thereof, already.

I wanted to "like" this, but only returning 3 players from last year....woof. Boynton's seat should be red hot, so I hope he get some serious chemistry work in with these guys asap AND gets a stable and productive offensive installed. I'm terrified of our shooting, or lack thereof, already.
"New numbers, who dis?" is way too applicable.

kCeLNa.gif

IYKYK

Boynton has a tremendous challenge in front of him this season. Shooting will once again be abysmal, hopefully I’m wrong.

There seems to be a log jam at the 4-5 spots

4. Dailey - McBride
5. Garrison - Miranda - Marsh
All unproven at this level

Where does Williams fit in? Athletic but can’t shoot.

Does Connor Dow adjust well enough to step in at the 2-3 spot to knock down some perimeter shots?

Does Thompson finally figure it out this season?

How does Hicklen adjust to this level? What about the CG Keller? Need at least one of these guys to be able to absorb minutes and provide some space on the floor.

They need to fill the last scholarship with someone that can consistently knock down shots. Although they will have to scrape the barrel for that.

Time for Boynton to prove it or make a change.

Boynton has a tremendous challenge in front of him this season. Shooting will once again be abysmal, hopefully I’m wrong.

There seems to be a log jam at the 4-5 spots

4. Dailey - McBride
5. Garrison - Miranda - Marsh
All unproven at this level

Where does Williams fit in? Athletic but can’t shoot.

Does Connor Dow adjust well enough to step in at the 2-3 spot to knock down some perimeter shots?

Does Thompson finally figure it out this season?

How does Hicklen adjust to this level? What about the CG Keller? Need at least one of these guys to be able to absorb minutes and provide some space on the floor.

They need to fill the last scholarship with someone that can consistently knock down shots. Although they will have to scrape the barrel for that.

Time for Boynton to prove it or make a change.
Thompson needs a new pair of shoes. How many times did he slip while making a cut last season?

Thompson needs a new pair of shoes. How many times did he slip while making a cut last season?
This is sadly, spot on. He just straight fell down more often than anyone I can remember. Ball then goes rolling out of bounds or right to a defender. Hooray Boynton team turnovers, of which we are averaging 14.9 per game over the last three years.... Yikes.

I love most everything about Oklahoma State. Men’s basketball is near the top of that list. Given the last decade I’ve used the summer to detox from the frustrations that come w MBB. Took to Twitter yesterday to see an encouraging post about our new PG and it got me excited. So being one who most like punishment I checked out the box score from last night’s game and saw we lost by 4 and thought “Well that’s to be expected. Guys are new to each other and we have a ton of young guys.”

Then I looked at the FT%. Keep in mind we lost by 4.

5/17. Why do I subject myself? Why?

I love most everything about Oklahoma State. Men’s basketball is near the top of that list. Given the last decade I’ve used the summer to detox from the frustrations that come w MBB. Took to Twitter yesterday to see an encouraging post about our new PG and it got me excited. So being one who most like punishment I checked out the box score from last night’s game and saw we lost by 4 and thought “Well that’s to be expected. Guys are new to each other and we have a ton of young guys.”

Then I looked at the FT%. Keep in mind we lost by 4.

5/17. Why do I subject myself? Why?
One thing to note is that I believe Small has averaged like 6 assists in these last two games!!! We haven’t seen that since Cade was here! I watched the feed yesterday with Doug Gottlieb and Brian Montinatti doing commentary and both really like Small and say he will have a big impact! For what it’s worth!

One thing to note is that I believe Small has averaged like 6 assists in these last two games!!! We haven’t seen that since Cade was here! I watched the feed yesterday with Doug Gottlieb and Brian Montinatti doing commentary and both really like Small and say he will have a big impact! For what it’s worth!
I’m legitimately excited about Small. PG play has been awful to watch save Cade’s 1 yr. Our decision making, handling, situational awareness and passing has cost us precious wins. I think they’ve cost us 2 tourney appearances and likely (maybe pun intended) a 3rd.

Back