Was south Alabama worse or the Utah game?

I kind of feel like the Utah game was worse. I have been disappointed by cowboy football before but this one takes the cake for me. We have all the talent in the world and a good opportunity to win… but we won’t because of poor coaching.

I think Utah is a good team but they are not the Georgia bulldogs. Gundy and staff sure acted like our team was incapable of basic plays

I agree. Utah fans seem to think their defense broke our offense. Maybe to an extent but if you pay attention we just laid an egg. We’ve seen it many times as Dunn as OC. Why did I never see Presley until last drive? Felt like the Dax offense of deep ball, run for 0-2 yards, deep ball, punt.

We have a plethora of exciting and talented weapons, and no serviceable quarterback with which to get them the ball. I am ready for the Zane Flores era to begin. Start getting him some reps and prepare for the future!

Flores may be awesome. Bowman is not chopped liver. I'm not sure about Rangel. I do know Spencer Sanders continually had problems with Dunn as OC.

I don;t know that Bryce Young could thrive in an offense that Kasey Dunn is running.

Gundy keeps trying to make Fetch a thing.

Flores may be awesome. Bowman is not chopped liver. I'm not sure about Rangel. I do know Spencer Sanders continually had problems with Dunn as OC.

I don;t know that Bryce Young could thrive in an offense that Kasey Dunn is running.

Gundy keeps trying to make Fetch a thing.
I think we have a Dickey problem too. These guys could run block last year and can’t this year. We return everyone. WTF!!!

South Alabama was more embarrassing, but this has a bigger impact as it's a conference game and really showed that we are not ready to take over the top spot of the new conference that many of our fans seemed to think we would just inherit. I think we are seriously deficient at several assistant positions. Offensive Coordinator and O-line coach are the most glaring and Gundy needs to take a long hard look at them at the end of the season. Defensive coordinator has yet to impress me either...the D played OK yesterday at times, aside from atrocious tackling, but they were going against a true freshman QB with all of 6 quarters experience. If Rising had played, I suspect it would have gotten ugly.

As Gundy gets near the end of his career and starts thinking about retirement, I hope he decides to put his ego aside and try to get over that one hump that has eluded him, being a truly championship caliber coach instead of just a consistent bowl caliber coach. If I was him, and I'm not, I would restructure my contract, take about half a million less a year and go out and get the best OC and DC available in all of college football, pay them whatever it takes and then, most importantly, step back let them run their respective sides of the ball without interfering.

yeah, utes game mostly because of being a conference game and we were playing a new member; shoulda/coulda/woulda beat the crap out of them and show them how the Alpha treats newcomers...but no, we got 'aplhad'...

For me, South Alabama was far worse. Utah is a very good team. It's no shame to lose to them, although it was shameful how we played.
They are good but we are arguably suppose to be contending for a big 12 title. We look like crap.

I think the most disappointing aspect of this game was that we were given plenty of opportunities and our QB and OC really let everyone down

Last edited:
South Alabama was a clear embarrassment of a loss. How do you compare the two when they Yuths were higher ranked than us.

Two different kinds of misery and ineptitude

I never considered South Alabama a game.

We all had Utah circled, especially when we realized Rising was out.

Utah was worse because it was an important conference game. We had better not let the Utah doldrums cost us the KSU game. Time to move on. It’s Wednesday and another team is hungry to beat us. Get ready.

Back