some perspective

Sorry but your analogy doesn’t work. We’ve lost two we should win. We suck and it’s going to be a long season
I'm gonna disagree on the "we should win" part of the comment. We really aren't any good at all on either side of the ball. Run defense played pretty well, but our pass defense is atrocious. We all know what the offense is at this point. Yes, the program should not be this bad, but here we are, and that is completely on the HC.

I'm gonna disagree on the "we should win" part of the comment. We really aren't any good at all on either side of the ball. Run defense played pretty well, but our pass defense is atrocious. We all know what the offense is at this point. Yes, the program should not be this bad, but here we are, and that is completely on the HC.
You are correct, it should be would normally expect to win.

bottom line...unless some other team offers dunn a HC position (please, but who in the he!! would do that) we will be stuck with him, cuz gundy ain't gonna do a thing about it...I am sending an email to dunn this week thought and encourage him to watch other college football games and pick some plays that they run, so maybe we can have about 3 or 4 good ones...AZ state had some pretty good ones (vs USC) he can go back and look at...or maybe even visit with some HS OC's this week...

bottom line...unless some other team offers dunn a HC position (please, but who in the he!! would do that) we will be stuck with him, cuz gundy ain't gonna do a thing about it...I am sending an email to dunn this week thought and encourage him to watch other college football games and pick some plays that they run, so maybe we can have about 3 or 4 good ones...AZ state had some pretty good ones (vs USC) he can go back and look at...or maybe even visit with some HS OC's this week...
I think I have my 93 Madden Football game packed away in my closet. We could offer to let the coaching staff borrow it and see if there are some "old school" plays they might want to put into action for any upcoming games.

I think I have my 93 Madden Football game packed away in my closet. We could offer to let the coaching staff borrow it and see if there are some "old school" plays they might want to put into action for any upcoming games.
QBC '98 - Z29 Skid

Unstoppable. We should run it.

OSU offense: 2022 averaged 30 ppg; buuuuutttttt, averaged 44.7 ppg in first 7 games and 14.2 ppg in last 6 games...2023 averaging 22 ppg (last year averaged 47.75 ppg in first 4 games)..last 10 games averaging 17.3 ppg with a 3-7 record...unacceptable!!

OSU offense: 2022 averaged 30 ppg; buuuuutttttt, averaged 44.7 ppg in first 7 games and 14.2 ppg in last 6 games...2023 averaging 22 ppg (last year averaged 47.75 ppg in first 4 games)..last 10 games averaging 17.3 ppg with a 3-7 record...unacceptable!!
Its by design. Our offense only works when we can out-athlete people. Our scheme is easily defeated, and is utterly helpless if we face superior athletes. But Gundy realized he can get a lot of wins and points against inferior teams, which makes him a lot of money for not much effort, and has zero incentive to change that.

October 15th marks one year from the loss at TCU. Truly stunning what a precipitous fall this has been.

• Agree
Reactions: PF5
Les Miles was really who started the resurgence of OSU football, not Gundy. Without the 2001 and 2002 Bedlam victories, Boone likely doesn't make the investment that he did in OSU football. Not to mention that Miles didn't have a fraction of the resources that Gundy has had his entire tenure. It is a fact that Gundy has had way more resources at his disposal than any other OSU coach before him. That needs to be taken into account when evaluating his success.

Les Miles was really who started the resurgence of OSU football, not Gundy. Without the 2001 and 2002 Bedlam victories, Boone likely doesn't make the investment that he did in OSU football. Not to mention that Miles didn't have a fraction of the resources that Gundy has had his entire tenure. It is a fact that Gundy has had way more resources at his disposal than any other OSU coach before him. That needs to be taken into account when evaluating his success.
Miles didn’t answer the phone. Boone offered

If you’re a young poke you’ve never really experienced a losing season. It’s been a long time coming for even the old folks. People react. That’s life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you’re a young poke you’ve never really experienced a losing season. It’s been a long time coming for even the old folks. People react. That’s life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I was a junior in college the last time we had a losing season in Gundy’s first year. Now I’m almost 40

Hence paragraphs 2 & 3.

Nah…. If you’re hiring a HC then he has to have some autonomy to hire who he believes is the best fit. I’m sure he discusses his hires with the AD, but unless he’s talking hiring Art Briles an AD can’t veto something the guy you hired to run thing’s choices based on where they come from. Great coaches all start somewhere, the list of very successful coaches who started out coaching HS or D3 is pretty impressive. As far as recruiting, where do we get all the extra money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sad reality that we’re all struggling with and is generating all the bantering back-and-forth boils down to the fact that the formula that has been used by Gundy to produce the best years of Cowboy football in our history will never work again. Finding diamonds in the rough and players with high potential that he develops over a period of years to become elite players will never happen again unless the current state of the transfer portal and NIL change in some way.

Our school will never have the NIL money, with Boone passed on, to be able to compete with schools like Texas offering $50,000 per lineman and other schools elaborate NIL programs. Circumstances and timing could not have been worse for our program and the stark reality that is slapping us all in the face is that these things are combining to make us one of the worst teams in the new Big 12.

Unless significant restrictions, regulations or changes are made to the current transfer portal/NIL situation, I don’t see anything changing the current depressing outlook for our football program.

Back