some perspective

I'm a new Poke; so, I'm a little surprised by all of the Gundy angst on this board.

I am from GA and have a degree from UGA. Even coming off two straight national championships and with a current #1 ranking, there are fans screaming for assistants to be fired.

This has been years now that this hasn’t been addressed. It’s not just the last few games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Georgia just didn’t their butt kicked on their own field by a team from a non P5 conference that no one has ever heard of.

This thread gives me zero perspective. Here's some real perspective.....Gundy gets paid over $7.625 and is become increasingly more lazy over recruiting and coaching hires as the years go by. He kept a lot of fans happy because we'd still go to some mid level bowl with every once in a while a NY6 bowl. He lost his fire years ago and now the chickens are really going to come home to roost this season.

The gripping Georgia is doing is from losing Monken, just like we did when we lost him and hired Yurcich. They’ve gone from an elite O to just good. We are far from that now, and a whole other level of gripe.

Georgia just didn’t their butt kicked on their own field by a team from a non P5 conference that no one has ever heard of.

Nope. UGA just beat an SEC team, and people still want the OC fired even though they have a new QB and the top WR still hasn't played, and they lost a RB for the season.

The gripping Georgia is doing is from losing Monken, just like we did when we lost him and hired Yurcich. They’ve gone from an elite O to just good. We are far from that now, and a whole other level of gripe.

No, it's pervasive from a certain segment. Bobo was the OC under Richt. His offenses averaged over 38 points per game, but he was blamed for not winning. They started on him the moment Smart named him OC.

some perspective for you because you’re a “new poke” so you don’t have the history with watching the performance of this team through the years.

The heat Gundy and his assistants are getting is completely justified and not at all irrational overreaction.

No, it's pervasive from a certain segment. Bobo was the OC under Richt. His offenses averaged over 38 points per game, but he was blamed for not winning. They started on him the moment Smart named him OC.
Ok but again these two situations are not comparable. Georgia wins games against power 5 opponents. OSU has a high school oline and a coach that thinks we can coast by with pee wee league coaches because gundy is friends with them.

Georgia would legitimately fire someone for the performance we saw Saturday for OSU. Hell, I wouldn’t be shocked trash littered between the hedges from fans livid pissed from the atrocity they saw. OSU fans just leave because we have to accept that gundy took us to a bowl game a few years ago.

some perspective for you because you’re a “new poke” so you don’t have the history with watching the performance of this team through the years.

The heat Gundy and his assistants are getting is completely justified and not at all irrational overreaction.
Unfortunately, last year was my final straw. For me, the level of care I can afford is the same I give to basketball. Zero.

That said, now that I’m 45 minutes away instead of 45 hours ( by car, the fun path ) I’ll be supporting all other sports. I’ll be there for girls soccer. Can’t wait till cross country. I’m down for some rastling and baseball too. Softball seems pretty exciting too. Time for me to spread out.

No offense All Hat but this isn’t the morning for trying to find a silver lining. Most of us here are very long time fans, and this all time low of a loss just needs to be vented about and absorbed for a few weeks

No offense All Hat but this isn’t the morning for trying to find a silver lining. Most of us here are very long time fans, and this all time low of a loss just needs to be vented about and absorbed for a few weeks

It's not just this game. A general sense of pessimism abounds.

just a reminder, Gundy has three bedlam wins in 19 seasons, UGA has 2 national championships during the same span. He deserves all the crap he gets.

Back