some perspective

We went into the new big 12 of hopes of being a contender. It seems we will be a pretender for a long time.

Hope you enjoy OSU but this is rock bottom
For us

I'm a new Poke; so, I'm a little surprised by all of the Gundy angst on this board.

I am from GA and have a degree from UGA. Even coming off two straight national championships and with a current #1 ranking, there are fans screaming for assistants to be fired.
Sounds like it’s the Dawg fans that need perspective. The OSU fans have every right to state that yesterday is unacceptable.

Georgia just didn’t their butt kicked on their own field by a team from a non P5 conference that no one has ever heard of.
This isn’t true. South Alabama was really good last year. Just because you may not have heard of them, doesn’t mean no one has. Sure I thought we would win, but I never once believed it was a for sure thing.

Let’s back off on the idea this is a team no one knows especially since we played there in the last couple of years.

No offense All Hat but this isn’t the morning for trying to find a silver lining. Most of us here are very long time fans, and this all time low of a loss just needs to be vented about and absorbed for a few weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
More so than Troy in 2007? Same conference.

This isn’t true. South Alabama was really good last year. Just because you may not have heard of them, doesn’t mean no one has. Sure I thought we would win, but I never once believed it was a for sure thing.

Let’s back off on the idea this is a team no one knows especially since we played there in the last couple of years.

Yeah, they had an excellent year last year. The funny thing is that I listened to a podcast yesterday morning that was mentioned here, and the hosts were talking about how this defense was on the verge of being really good, but everybody wants the staff fired.

Last edited:
Yeah, they had an excellent year last year. The funny thing is that I listed to a podcast yesterday morning that was mentioned here, and the hosts were talking about how this defense was on the verge of being really good, but everybody wants the staff fired.
Maybe the podcasters are wrong…probably.

I saw nothing on the verge of really good yesterday.

It's not just this game. A general sense of pessimism abounds.
unless you've been through this, you WILL NOT understand...just let the fans fume and call for heads to roll...every fan base b!tches at their programs from time to time, you've just come around at the wrong time I suppose...btw, did you happen to watch the 'ugliest football performance' of the year (all of NCAA) yesterday, possibly the decade..?!..

Last edited by a moderator:
unless you've been through this, you WILL NOT understand...just let the fans fume and call for heads to roll...every fan base bitches at their programs from time to time, you've just come around at the wrong time I suppose...btw, did you happen to watch the 'ugliest football performance' of the year (all of NCAA) yesterday, possibly the decade..?!..

I didn't watch as it wasn't part of my cable package. I did listen to it for a while as I followed the game thread here.

I gotta say: I was disappointed with just about every phase of our game yesterday.

Its pretty clear that a certain level of complacency has set in and we could use some changes--especially on the offensive side of the ball. The folks who were calling for those changes in the off season are pretty vindicated. This is the worst loss of Gundy's tenure. Worse than the K State loss last year and worse than the Troy loss back in 2006.

Iowa State is pretty hapless themselves, so there is a chance in that game of a win, but I don't see too many chances remaining on the schedule without some major shifts.

Yeah, they had an excellent year last year. The funny thing is that I listed to a podcast yesterday morning that was mentioned here, and the hosts were talking about how this defense was on the verge of being really good, but everybody wants the staff fired.
LOL, you cite a podcast like that lends some credibility to what the person is saying. Anyone can start a podcast.

People actually subscribe to Robert Allen's nonstop sunshine pumping and he even has a radio show and that dude is wrong all the time.

LOL, you cite a podcast like that lends some credibility to what the person is saying. Anyone can start a podcast.

People actually subscribe to Robert Allen's nonstop sunshine pumping and he even has a radio show and that dude is wrong all the time.

I'm not citing the podcast as being authoritative. I didn't even know it existed until several people here referenced it.

I didn't watch as it wasn't part of my cable package. I did listen to it for a while as I followed the game thread here.
If you only “listened to it for a while“, you don’t have much room to give ”perspective” to those that were there and saw it in person.

Is the misery restricted to football, or does it permeate everything OSU?
I didn’t say “misery” and misery is not what is being exhibited in this thread.

Now you’re just being an azz because your uninformed inexperienced ridiculous comparison to Georgia fans is being rejected.

Back