Ryan Walters announces official partnership with Oklahoma Dept of Education and PragerU

Major textbook publishers withdraw from Oklahoma as fight over content worsens

Then they will turn around and use the lack of textbook options available as proof that public education is failing in Oklahoma. We've seen this play before. It's why I am leaving education the first chance I get. Love the kids, love the job. Hate the people who make decisions and it is becoming too much.

The effects of Ryan Walters crippling of public education for private financial cronyism will leave a chilling effect on Oklahoma in the next 10-15 years.
I'm well aware of the traditional inefficiencies of public education in Oklahoma, there are several adjustments that were necessary.

What he is doing is dismantling public education. He is literally throwing out the baby with the bathwater. All the while enriching friends and stating inflammatory rhetoric. It is wild.

He has turned numerous Oklahoma conservatives in my family against Republican leadership.

I'm embarrassed to have my education in Oklahoma and be associated with his jackass behavior. I'm appalled that the Republicans in Oklahoma have allowed his schtick to go on this long. I'm relieved that my children won't be educated in Oklahoma.

He should be thrown in jail. Ironically, jail is where many people without an education end up. If he's truly concerned about homosexual indoctrination, it will be an interesting next chapter in his life. I'm sure his orifices will fetch high quality cigarettes.

For a state with such a high agrarian population; the people of Oklahoma seem to have a difficult time identifying horse manure.

Walters with Dahm as moderator will hold a townhall meeting at a church in Stillwater on Nov. 7. Stillwater is generally fine and at home with ordinary Republicans, but I'm not sure when it comes to extremists, such as Walters and Dahm.

Walters with Dahm as moderator will hold a townhall meeting at a church in Stillwater on Nov. 7. Stillwater is generally fine and at home with ordinary Republicans, but I'm not sure when it comes to extremists, such as Walters and Dahm.
Not sure a college town is where you want to hold this meeting though. Could get contentious. Of course they will not probably hand pick the audience and it will be one big circle jerk

Not sure a college town is where you want to hold this meeting though. Could get contentious. Of course they will not probably hand pick the audience and it will be one big circle jerk
It's already contentious. Some parents as well as Walters didn't appreciate part of what was in an email the Stillwater Public Schools Superintendent Uwe Gordon sent out. One of the most contentious parts read:

“Sadly, sometimes parents, guardians, or other family members may react negatively, and in the worst cases, violently, to learning unexpected information about a child,” Gordon wrote. “Students will be told that such information must be shared with their parents/guardians. If a student expresses that sharing such information might create an unsafe environment for them, our counselors will work towards protecting that child’s physical safety and may contact organizations that help families work through sensitive matters constructively.”

Apparently, Walters and some parents feel no organization or councilor should try to help or interfere with a family whose child is having sexual problems. In other words, while trying to read between the lines, they fear that Stillwater Public Schools may have parents investigated if they reject student sexual activities for their children. Walters in a video referred to Gordon as a rogue administrator trying to undermine his new rules.

https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/s...cle_69050576-7501-11ee-afcd-eb3a27d57528.html

Walters.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting how Walters seems a lot more interested in speaking at town hall meetings in churches than speaking with his own office staff.

When was the last time Walters held a town hall meeting at a public school or other government public building? If Walters feels too alienated against Oklahoma public schools to feel at home there and meet with the people, then he's definitely the wrong person for the job for that alone.

Last edited:
The meeting that Walters and Dahm held in Stillwater Tues. night was mostly boring. Most of what Walters said I heard from him before or were just old far right Republican talking points, such as ban the Federal Dept. of Education. Get the teachers' unions out of the schools. God and prayer should be back in schools. He mentioned George Soros twice.

Dahm brought up the old Blaine Amendment. He said it was anti-Catholic. He also said the Catholic charter school to be funded by state tax dollars was constitutional from the result of a recent U. S. Supreme Court ruling on a different case. I guess he isn't worried that a charter school by the Church of Satan may want funded.

A lady yelled out "Ask a controversial question", but none were chosen from the questions asked on cards. The same lady commented "bullshit" several times. Dahm didn't like it and said children are present. I only saw one. Considering how rowdy other meetings held my Walters became, I was surprised the Stillwater meeting didn't get any rowdier. One question needed asking but wasn't was, "If you're so concerned about Oklahoma public schools, why are you holding your town halls in churches?" Also, nothing was asked about the Pamela Smith-Gordon resignation. Maybe the controversial questions were verbally asked after the meeting, but I didn't want to stick around longer for that.

It was a good-sized turnout for a public meeting but given the large size of the church, hardly more than half of the seats were taken. Most people in attendance looked past 55, so probably most of those who have children are now out of school. So much for Walter's idea to allow more parents to get involved. If they don't want to, they won't. With so few young parents there having kids in school, I doubt Walters is inspiring them to get involved, other than a few far right ones.

Last edited:
The meeting that Walters and Dahm held in Stillwater Tues. night was mostly boring. Most of what Walters said I heard from him before or were just old far right Republican talking points, such as ban the Federal Dept. of Education. Get the teachers' unions out of the schools. God and prayer should be back in schools. He mentioned George Soros twice.

Dahm brought up the old Blair Amendment. He said it was anti-Catholic. He also said the Catholic charter school to be funded by state tax dollars was constitutional from the result of a recent U. S. Supreme Court ruling on a different case. I guess he isn't worried that a charter school by the Church of Satan may want funded.

A lady yelled out "Ask a controversial question", but none were chosen from the questions asked on cards. The same lady commented "bullshit" several times. Dahm didn't like it and said children are present. I only saw one. Considering how rowdy other meetings held my Walters became, I was surprised the Stillwater meeting didn't get any rowdier. One question needed asking but wasn't was, "If you're so concerned about Oklahoma public schools, why are you holding your town halls in churches?" Also, nothing was asked about the Pamela Smith-Gordon resignation. Maybe the controversial questions were verbally asked after the meeting, but I didn't want to stick around longer for that.

It was a good-sized turnout for a public meeting but given the large size of the church, hardly more than half of the seats were taken. Most people in attendance looked past 55, so probably most of those who have children are now out of school. So much for Walter's idea to allow more parents to get involved. If they don't want to, they won't. With so few young parents there having kids in school, I doubt Walters is inspiring them to get involved, other than a few far right ones.
So. Seems most people were wrong

Oklahoma state superintendent issues memo to textbook publishers reinforcing Women’s Bill of Rights koco

Oklahoma State Superintendent Ryan Walters sent a memo to textbook publishers saying he's enforcing an executive order codifying the definition of the two sexes.

This summer, Gov. Kevin Stitt signed an executive order putting the Women's Bill of Rights into law. The executive order cements terms such as "female" and "male," defining a female as those who have a reproductive system that can produce reproductive cells and males as those who have a system that can fertilize those cells.

On Tuesday, Walters sent a memo to textbook publishers saying Oklahoma will not approve any textbooks that contain definitions or terms contrary to those in the executive order.

"If our textbooks do contain any language that runs contrary to the Women's Bill of Rights, please revise your textbooks before submission," Walters wrote in the memo. "While many authors and publishers work diligently to produce materials focused on academics, not all adhere to these standards. Please be aware that such publishers will not be welcome in Oklahoma."

"Radical gender ideology has no place in our classrooms, and that includes all teaching materials," Walters said in a news release. "The radical left’s attempt to diminish women will not work in Oklahoma. If textbooks contain any language that runs contrary to the Women’s Bill of Rights, they must be revised before being submitted for consideration in our state."

This wannabe Nazi needs to be removed. “ The radical left’s attempt to diminish women will not work in Oklahoma,”Liar!!! What about the diminishment of not allowing women to determine what happens to their own bodies. Or the pay gap between men and women in the Republican state. There is no telling what’s in store for women of this state if the Taliban remains in charge.

This wannabe Nazi needs to be removed. “ The radical left’s attempt to diminish women will not work in Oklahoma,”Liar!!! What about the diminishment of not allowing women to determine what happens to their own bodies. Or the pay gap between men and women in the Republican state. There is no telling what’s in store for women of this state if the Taliban remains in charge.
So much here. I’m just going to let you wallow

Oklahoma state superintendent issues memo to textbook publishers reinforcing Women’s Bill of Rights koco

Oklahoma State Superintendent Ryan Walters sent a memo to textbook publishers saying he's enforcing an executive order codifying the definition of the two sexes.

This summer, Gov. Kevin Stitt signed an executive order putting the Women's Bill of Rights into law. The executive order cements terms such as "female" and "male," defining a female as those who have a reproductive system that can produce reproductive cells and males as those who have a system that can fertilize those cells.

On Tuesday, Walters sent a memo to textbook publishers saying Oklahoma will not approve any textbooks that contain definitions or terms contrary to those in the executive order.

"If our textbooks do contain any language that runs contrary to the Women's Bill of Rights, please revise your textbooks before submission," Walters wrote in the memo. "While many authors and publishers work diligently to produce materials focused on academics, not all adhere to these standards. Please be aware that such publishers will not be welcome in Oklahoma."

"Radical gender ideology has no place in our classrooms, and that includes all teaching materials," Walters said in a news release. "The radical left’s attempt to diminish women will not work in Oklahoma. If textbooks contain any language that runs contrary to the Women’s Bill of Rights, they must be revised before being submitted for consideration in our state."
Good to see scientific definitions that don’t count the infertile as either men or women.

Btw, using that definition, you stop being a male when you get a vasectomy or a woman when you have a hysterectomy because you no longer have a system that can fertilize reproductive cellls or a reproductive system that can produce reproductive cells.

SUPERINTENDENT RYAN WALTERS SIGNS MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING WITH TAIWAN​

The Oklahoma State Department of Education is now in a Memorandum of Understanding with Taiwan to promote Mandarin in Oklahoma classrooms.

SUPERINTENDENT RYAN WALTERS SIGNS MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING WITH TAIWAN​

The Oklahoma State Department of Education is now in a Memorandum of Understanding with Taiwan to promote Mandarin in Oklahoma classrooms.
He must be desirous of national and now international attention. Oh goody, what a great representative of Oklahoma to the world. NOT

it's about time our State Dept of Ed pushes for more manderin!! I see better schools in Oklahoma in the near future because of ryan's shrewd moves! moms of liberty and prageru should be proud!

Damn Pokey, you are saying the same thing Janet Barresi is saying

Damn Pokey, you are saying the same thing Janet Barresi is saying
Wrong! Sandy Garrett was the last best Democrat, Joy Hofmeister was the last best Republican. If I sound like Barresi to you then you’re not really paying attention just trolling .

Back