Regionals

This joke of a pitcher has our guys all tied up. Chin high fastball after fastball.
Sad thing is this joke of an umpire has called enough of them that you almost have to. Just like the pitch he fouled off. It was outside but he had to swing because strike 2 was pretty much in the same place. That’s how a poor umpire can effect a game.

Clearly we are playing tomorrow. Bats just didn’t show today against low level pitching. Let’s just hope we aren’t the 19% that lose a regional after 2-0.

What is wrong with our heads? We’ve regressed right back to staring at perfect pitches down the middle and swinging at pitches miles out of the strike zone. This guy is throwing a perfect meatball right down the middle of the plate on the first pitch of every bat and we just stare at it. We came out so confident and batting intelligently and now we’re back to the lack of discipline at the plate that caused us to have inexplicable offensive slumps during the middle of the season. We should be booking our flights to Clemson about now instead of having to play tomorrow. If we do play tomorrow, I don’t feel real great about it!

Again, should have never offered to even start the swing. It was ball 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But it's not the umpire's job to decide to swing at a pitch or not. It absolutely IS the umpire's job to make correct calls. That was not a correct call.

This joke of a pitcher has our guys all tied up. Chin high fastball after fastball.

He is not a joke of a pitcher. He was there Friday night starter last year when they were the national runner up. He is talented. The Cowboys are just as talented, just not being disciplined in their plate approach tonight.

Again, should have never offered to even start the swing. It was ball 4.

But that's the issue with the umps zone. Benge strike 3 and Ortiz strike 3 earlier same same spot...letters inside. Of they don't at least think about swinging in that area, they go down looking. It isn't whining about the zone...it absolutely determines a batters approach and its bs.

Back