Regionals

HCGW went to 8 straight College World Series and never won it, so I am guessing most in this thread would have been calling for his job for not being able to win the big one.
Not understanding your point here. We haven’t made a super regional since 2019 and have been bounced in our own regional 3 straight years under Josh. Not comparable to 8 straight CWS appearances at all.

We expect big time results because we are a big time program. Look around, coaches are doing the most with less and Josh can’t manage to win a regional with the most? It’s completely unacceptable.

HCGW went to 8 straight College World Series and never won it, so I am guessing most in this thread would have been calling for his job for not being able to win the big one.
I was a kid and watched all of Ward's seasons from 85 on.

And no, he didn't win a title, but he did make the finals twice, and of course we all believe there was no way Georgia was going to beat us twice. The difference, to me, was that whenever OSU would come up short back then, it was a surprise. You expected them to succeed because they usually did. They played the same way from game 1 to game 60.

When he'd do a postgame show with Bill Platt, he'd talk for 15-20 minutes each time and I'd listen to all of it. I'm sure some people complained, but you knew he was getting the best out of his players every year.

Last edited:
I’m jealous of this UConn team. Excellent defense, great pitching, timely hitting to drive in runs.

Glad they are going to take down ou. Misery loves company.

To be fair, GW won two JUCO nattys at Yavapai in ‘75 and ‘77. While at OSU, you know how many times he failed to win at least 40 games in a season over nearly 20 years as HC…..ONCE. He won 50+ games in a season EIGHT times during his tenure. Oh and he had a .750 winning percentage too not to mention all of the CWS appearances. The same cannot be said for Josh and to compare the two is just silly.

I would say we should have high expectations with the baseball program. To lose sight of that, you become Miami, USC, LBSU, and CS Fullerton of recent years.

Last call for the Sooners, just needing 7 to keep it going

After an error, OU has the baed loaded with nobody out. At least that means they'll keep showing that blonde in the front row

Ouch, followed by a 6-4-3 DP that shuts all of them up

Last edited:
Even in this, you can see the whole "well that's baseball" mantra/excuse.

He takes no accountablity, doesn't even act like there's a problem. I get that you don't put your guys or team down in public, but basically its "well shucks we're disappointed again but we all get along and have fun so its fine."

No acknowledgement of exectations for Oklahoma State baseball not being met or thanks to the 5-7K fans that came to support for every game. Its Almost as the job he has is one he's entitled to and he can just keep failing over and over again without any accountability.

Just stop...

Ward got us to CWS 10 times in 19 seasons (53%).
Holliday has 1 CWS trip in 11 seasons (9%).

And how about we stop looking at the prize (CWS) from the top down. Let's figure out how to fight our way out of a freaking regional with better coaching decisions first.

Even in this, you can see the whole "well that's baseball" mantra/excuse.

He takes no accountablity, doesn't even act like there's a problem. I get that you don't put your guys or team down in public, but basically its "well shucks we're disappointed again but we all get along and have fun so its fine."

No acknowledgement of exectations for Oklahoma State baseball not being met or thanks to the 5-7K fans that came to support for every game. Its Almost as the job he has is one he's entitled to and he can just keep failing over and over again without any accountability.
Look I'm no Joe Torre but when I see the same problems crop up year after year after year its not "just baseball". How many runners at 3rd with less than 2 outs did we leave on 3rd? How many K's in big situations where you just need to put the ball in play. Erhard had a lead off double yesterday, Meola followed up with a walk. They ended the inning 3 batters later still standing on 1st and 2nd. Josh has this philosophy that he is going to get big, tall athletic guys and turn them into baseball players. Sometimes it works but most of the time it doesn't. It's not shock that the best players we've had over that last 5 years haven't fit that philosophy. Don't understand how you can see Roc Riggio play baseball for 50+ games and not say I need to find 9 guys that play baseball like that. Obviously there aren't 9 Roc Riggios out there but guys that are baseball players not just big dudes that happen to play baseball.

Yeah you'd be wrong, we were calling for Holliday's job when he let yet another pitcher walk the bases full in Omaha to give up a lead. Guy was stubborn to a fault.

Any remote comparison of JH to GW is just ignorant of reality.

Look I'm no Joe Torre but when I see the same problems crop up year after year after year its not "just baseball". How many runners at 3rd with less than 2 outs did we leave on 3rd? How many K's in big situations where you just need to put the ball in play. Erhard had a lead off double yesterday, Meola followed up with a walk. They ended the inning 3 batters later still standing on 1st and 2nd. Josh has this philosophy that he is going to get big, tall athletic guys and turn them into baseball players. Sometimes it works but most of the time it doesn't. It's not shock that the best players we've had over that last 5 years haven't fit that philosophy. Don't understand how you can see Roc Riggio play baseball for 50+ games and not say I need to find 9 guys that play baseball like that. Obviously there aren't 9 Roc Riggios out there but guys that are baseball players not just big dudes that happen to play baseball.
There are infinitely more Roc Riggio's and Zach Erhardt's out there playing baseball than they are Pete Incaviglia's......

And Pete was an actual baseball player not just a big tall guy we tried to turn into a baseball player. :ROFLMAO:

There are infinitely more Roc Riggio's and Zach Erhardt's out there playing baseball than they are Pete Incaviglia's......

And Pete was an actual baseball player not just a big tall guy we tried to turn into a baseball player. :ROFLMAO:
To me it's similar to March Madness and watching teams you haven't really seen play all year, but you can tell they're dialed in and their team culture, preparation and execution is palpable. Not to say that guys aren't giving effort by any means on other teams, but sometimes you just kind of know it when you see it. I don't see much difference in JH's or MB's teams-there's talent and resources there, but also something tangible is just missing and the results speak to that.

Back