Nardo has got to be fired

I'd hold Gundy's feet to the fire and make him get rid of both of them. And if he pouts like a f'n baby and refuses to do it, then get rid of his azz too. These idiotic hires by Gundy have to stop.
That would be and interesting talk. Either you do what we say or you get $25 million and you hit the bricks. Not really a lot of muscle behind that negotiation.

Fire Bryan Nardo & hire Jim Leonhard.
Fire Kasey Dunn & hire Dana Holgorsen or Mike Yurcich.

It's a simple plan that would generate tons of excitement. All we need is money.

Who would you suggest we replace him with? I hear Gruden is looking for a job
So...you're coming off as a guy that dwells on 0-10-1. The type that feels MG is as good as we can get. Both Indiana and Houston made great coaching hires. And we are far more relevant than what they have been. We can find an upgrade, IMO. I hope we don't have to. I hope Gundy makes the changes necessary to get our program back on track. Time will tell.

So...you're coming off as a guy that dwells on 0-10-1. The type that feels MG is as good as we can get. Both Indiana and Houston made great coaching hires. And we are far more relevant than what they have been. We can find an upgrade, IMO. I hope we don't have to. I hope Gundy makes the changes necessary to get our program back on track. Time will tell.
I do believe any coach we bring in will only use OSU as a stepping stone to a bigger job.

His line of thinking is not without any logic, but it also gets trotted out every single time a coaching change is brought up. Donā€™t care if itā€™s Frank Anderson, Travis Ford or who.

Itā€™s a red herring of ā€˜if you canā€™t name exactly who the replacement would be and guarantee that they improve on Coach Xā€™s performance, stop talking about replacing him/her.ā€™ Then the financial component gets thrown in as the cherry on top.

Iā€™m not an overly reactionary fire the coach guy and have never been. But any sincere evaluation here has to ask what is the real evidence that things are going in the right direction. It certainly isnā€™t the complete no show/blowout losses that have become too familiar in the last season plus this one.

I do believe any coach we bring in will only use OSU as a stepping stone to a bigger job.
And???

Being a stepping stone clearly implies that they succeed at OSU.

Do you wish we didnā€™t hire Monken? Holgerson? Miles?

You canā€™t strictly look at it like ā€˜gee, who can we hire thatā€™ll be really successful and also stay forever.ā€™

Thatā€™s Pollyanna stuff. And itā€™s only going to be more of a reality as the SEC & B1G separate more and more financially. Just wait until the schools are paying the players and half of our $40 million goes to them, while a quarter of the big two goes to players.

This is a pretty tired argument. Remember when OU and Mich were considered destination jobs. Honestly, the way things are nowadays, it could happen to any program; even mighty Bama if DeBoer gets interest from NFL and is tired of NIL nonsense.

Back